[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Migration to USA or CANADA?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
hello. i am sick of my own country and looking to migrate to a far more developed country such as US or Canada. I am thinking of becoming a police officer and living in peace until the day I die.

What are my options? I graduated from law school in my country and have no skills whatsoever.
>>
>>16638066
>What are my options?

depends on how rich you are. if you are not, then try to get married or get a job there and get a work visa.
>>
Where are you from?
>>
>>16638075
hi. if i was rich i could probably find a way to migrate to a nice country by investing in some business or something. i have no money.
>>16638082
i am from turkey and i am seriously sick of islamist policies of our government and feel like we might be sucked into a war in middle east soon.
>>
File: 1451031576341.jpg (348 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
1451031576341.jpg
348 KB, 1024x1024
Canada is more welcoming to immigrants than the US. For Canada all you need is a job offer.
>>
>>16638066
>>>/trv/
>>
>>16638082
Judging from his pic I guess he is Turkish.
>>
File: golden retriever puppy.jpg (27 KB, 370x245) Image search: [Google]
golden retriever puppy.jpg
27 KB, 370x245
>>16638066
Lol you can't just immigrate to another country. If it were that easy, every Ethiopian would move out of Ethiopia.
Can you secure a job in these North American countries? If not, you can't get a work visa.
It will be difficult for you to find a job. American/Canadian law will be different from law in your country. You will need to pass a series of exams to practise law in these countries. These exams are notoriously tough. Even if you passed on the required exams, finding a job will probably be tough. There is a glut of lawyers in the US (not sure about Canada) and there is no reason why a firm should hire you instead of a local Law graduate.
The same applies to being a police. It doesn't seem like you have any experience in being a policeman and the chances are you will not be offered a job in North America.
>>
Canada.
it's a safer place to live and raise a family. less crowded (in some parts), and the people are generally more friendly towards immigrants
>>
>>16638274
i doubt that anybody would give me job friend.
>>16638291
i have no intention of working as a lawyer or attorney. i would happily settle for an average pay government job. you see being a law graduate in my country doesn't mean i can be a lawyer in us or canada. system is totally different and you basically need to re-study all over again.
>>
>>16638291
Adding to this, there are other options to consider:
1. Get a working holiday visa and work abroad for a year. You will not be granted citizenship after working abroad though.
2. Do a Master's or PhD abroad. Again, there is no guarantee that you will obtain citizenship, and studying abroad just for the sake of living abroad will suck. If you can't secure a job afterwards, you have to return to your homeland.
>>
>>16638299
Did you read what I've posted?
>American/Canadian law will be different from law in your country. You will need to pass a series of exams to practise law in these countries. These exams are notoriously tough. Even if you passed on the required exams, finding a job will probably be tough.
I think you have to be a citizen to become a government employee in both countries (I'm not fully sure though). I think finding a government job is competitive though. These jobs are linked to stable employment (i.e. it is hard to be fired from a government position) so finding such a job will probably be competitive.
>>
>>16638299
>i doubt that anybody would give me job friend
Then you are basically stuck with
>>16638075
Bear in mind that it is very unlikely that you qualify for skilled immigration when you have "no skills whatsoever"
>>
>>16638318
Yeah I read what You've posted and that's why I told that I have no intention of working as a lawyer.
>>
File: tumblr_mffa4isSNB1r1bxtio1_500.jpg (34 KB, 500x334) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mffa4isSNB1r1bxtio1_500.jpg
34 KB, 500x334
>>16638354
Well ok then. Just try to apply for jobs from Turkey and see if you get a job offer (but the chances of that happening is not very likely).
I remember a guy from Russia posted on /adv/ once about how he could immigrate to the US. He's an engineer and applied for jobs but got zero job offers.
Look here: http://archive.4plebs.org/adv/thread/16544766/#16544766
>>
>>16638348
maybe i can try pretending to be a syrian who is running from war?
>>
> Be German
> finally worked out my plan to make it to the US and to become a citizen
> see this thread

Thanks OP, I needed a good laugh today.

Generally speaking you should probably forget about the US and set for Canada. Even though its still not easy its easier than making it to the US.
>>
>>16638415
why would you want to be a US citizen?
>>
>>16638427
dude loves guns and hates societal progress
>>
>>16638415
what about green card?
>>
>>16638427
Oh I just prefer life in the United States over life in Germany (or the European Union all together).

Countless reasons for that
>>
>>16638435
> Societal progress

Yeah thats exactly why I move to the US..
You're right on the guns though!

>>16638437
Are you referring to the Greencard Lottery?
Because aside from that Greencard is a rather loose term.
>>
>>16638441
i am referring to greencard lottery. seems like it's the only way to work and live in US and be a citizen for now.
>>
>>16638455
Yeah for most normal folks it sadly is one of the only realistic ways.

The win chance for most European countries is at around 1,5% per year though - I don't know how it looks for Turkey.
>>
>>16638066
Fairly certain its easier to get into Canada, though with Trudeau rush jobbing the Syrians in you might have a bogged down wait to get it.
>>
I actually have American citizenship but still can't get over there. You need a job lined up, starting cash, a state that has a reasonable cost of living + job opportunity.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.