[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't usually come on here, but I'm desperate. I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6
File: image.png (697 KB, 839x557) Image search: [Google]
image.png
697 KB, 839x557
I don't usually come on here, but I'm desperate. I need a Lawfag to help me with a predicament. I recently met a 16 year old girl online (age of consent in my state is 16). She was at a cheap diner in a shitty city on the outskirts of Detroit when I met her. She wanted to talk, so I decided I'd bite and talk to her. I had no intentions of sex, I have a gf, but she shared interests with me and I was bored so I said fuck it, free dinner and someone to talk to.

She ends up making me feel bad for her because she says her boyfriend ditched her, she's locked out of her house til 5 am(it was about 11 at the time), and she wanted to go away. I told her I'd drive her around and maybe find a place for her to crash for the night.

She insisted the whole drive to stay at my place, and I didn't want her to, I made it very clear I was just here to talk, she asks if we can go to a park late at night and hang out there to see it. I say fuck it why not. So after about 5 minutes of driving she says she wants to go out and walk, we do but it's freezing, eventually we decide to walk back to the car, and a cop nabs us.

>Flash forward to 3 days ago

Talk to the detective and he asks me a couple of questions, tries to see if I'm some kind of creep or pedo(finds out I'm not), and still tries to press charges on me. I now have a fine for "contributing to the delinquency of a minor" when all I did was get her out of that shitty diner and try to persuade her to go home. What the fuck do I do? It's a misdemeanor and I'm not trying to get fucked over this bullshit when I WAS trying to be a good citizen.

I wouldn't lie to you guys on here. I need legit advice, so throw some knowledge my way. The way I see it is she was out past curfew regardless if I picked her up or not, so this is bullshit.
>>
File: Studyinpain.jpg (130 KB, 980x1000) Image search: [Google]
Studyinpain.jpg
130 KB, 980x1000
Get a lawyer.

And next time ask for a lawyer as soon as you are arrested, fool.
>>
They can't convict you unless you actually did something and they can prove it. You should be fine unless they convince her to say you did something. That said, you should go and see an actual lawyer, I'm just working with general legal principles I know because I know nothing about where you live
>>
>>16637144
Wasn't arrested, they sent me a letter in the mail saying I had to go to the court house to pay a fine and have a misdemeanor put on my record.
>>
>>16637149
All I did was take her out of a diner and drove her around. Even if I did anything sexual explicit, she's of age in Michigan so nothing illegal there.
>>
File: Studyinbandw.jpg (238 KB, 1014x435) Image search: [Google]
Studyinbandw.jpg
238 KB, 1014x435
>>16637149
Taking a runaway places is quite enough to convict him. He needs a lawyer. Bad.
>>
>>16637159
Driving an underage girl somewhere isn't a crime (unless OP lives in some backwards place). They're going to have to show that he actually did something illegal

>>16637158
Just go and see a lawyer.
>>
>>16637159
>>16637159
It's just a misdemeanor. Is that jail time? And how much would a lawyer cost for this shit? My girlfriend is gonna Fucking leave my ass if she finds out. What the fuck man.
>>
File: Yardarm.jpg (91 KB, 736x534) Image search: [Google]
Yardarm.jpg
91 KB, 736x534
>>16637154
Figure this shit out, fool, you need a lawyer.
>>
>>16637165
What kind of lawyer am I even getting. I'm legit clueless about this shit.
>>
>>16637159
No it's not, she went willingly.

OP, only the DA can press charges, police can't, they just want you to admit something wrong so you can get charged.
>>
>>16637182
This ticket was issued by a detective. He got me for contributing to the delinquency of a minor. So idk what the fuck that even does. If anything I was trying to take her somewhere safe, not make her stay out past cerfew.
>>
File: Studyinforce.jpg (17 KB, 468x315) Image search: [Google]
Studyinforce.jpg
17 KB, 468x315
>>16637176
A criminal defense attorney.

http://www.michbar.org/public_resources/home
>>
>>16637202
Do I really need a lawyer? And how much is this gonna cost me? I'm struggling to pay rent and car insurance/car note ATM. I can't afford a lawyer too.
>>
File: Convo.jpg (100 KB, 1200x784) Image search: [Google]
Convo.jpg
100 KB, 1200x784
>>16637212
Picture this; never getting a job again because of this stain on your record.
>>
>>16637217
Yeah that's what worries me. I just can't afford it. This country is so fucked up man. I did nothing.
>>
Does anyone else have any input on the topic?
>>
>>16637226
That's what the lawyer is for
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.