[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
May have been caught cheating in a class
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 20 - pg7YDFP.jpg (146 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20 - pg7YDFP.jpg
146 KB, 1920x1080
So I need your help in telling me how fucked I am and what I should do.

>Taking an online Computer Science class
>Promptly begins to fail the fuck out of it
>End up 7 weeks behind because I'm lost and understand nothing
>See dudes computer open with all the assignments that need turning in
>Download that kush
>Copy/paste the code and just change the name and some other code
>Turn in all the work that I was behind in
>Good going, getting full credit for assignments
>Accidently forgot to delete the name of the person I copied from
>Teacher sees that it's not my name and puts two and two together
>However I never knew the guy I cheated off of and told her I that we've never been in contact
>Told her my older brother helped me out with the programs
>Made up some bullshit story on how I came up with the name
>Says she's informing her boss to see how to handle this situation further

Now my question is she has no way of proving that I stole the files from him unless I admit to it. I also said that since we've been doing all of the same problems it's not unreasonable to think that our code would be the same. Only thing that I could think of that can prove me guilty is that I used Google Drive to download the files from his computer onto my account and they monitor the web traffic like universities tend to do.

So should I just come clean or keep going with my story?
>>
>same name
>same code

who do you think you are fooling nigga?
>>
You've clearly failed at failing, so you deserve what's coming to you.

Obviously, you can keep lying your ass off - and if you do that, I hope the consequences are terrible.
>>
Well, assuming that he turned in his stuff as well she'll probably put them side by side and see how you pretty much copied it. And even if he didn't she would probably ask him what the fuck happened and then he'd for sure know you copied his shit.

I mean, wow. You really fucked up. You left the guys fucking NAME there!
>>
>full on failing, not just half assing
>magically has everything together and some other guy cheated off of you
Yeah, I wouldn't buy it.
>>
>>16636721
>Accidently forgot to delete the name of the person I copied from

How can someone fuck up this bad ?

Say something like " I uploaded that file from that guy's PC, I have selected his program instead of mine. We worked together on this program so I don't see why you are accusing me of cheating "

good luck
>>
You're fucked op. Gg
>>
What's fucked is that even if you come clean, the guy you cheated off of might be kicked out too. Anyway, you should probably check your school's plagiarism policy.
>>
>>16636773

>same code

Yea, I am sure you would come up with the exact same var and function names too, every time, righttt?
>>
>>16636721
>no way to prove

This isn't court motherfucker. You left the other students name there.

Get rekt.
>>
>>16636822
No I wouldn't cause I'm a criminal justice student telling you about pagerism. Passing someone's work as your own will get you a felony for the most part. You better do something fast
>>
*plagerism
>>
>>16636758
I wouldn't buy that dog NOT fucking you, but anything is possible.
>>
Everyone's right. There's nothing to do here but take your knocks, and learn your lesson.

Plagiarism policies are pretty strict these days at most schools. You'll just have to deal with the consequences, and move on.
>>
>>16636721
Yeah, she's passing it up to the department head on whether to utterly bust you or just fail you for the course. If you haven't done a thing like this before, you may get lucky and they'll just flunk you for the class. Or they could just kick you out of school too
>>
>>16636729
>>16636730
>>16636748
>>16636758
>>16636766
>>16636773
>>16636811
>>16636822
>>16636823
>>16636935
>>16636970
>>16636985
>>16637008

Hey OP here, thanks for knocking some sense into me. I came clean with the whole incident and I regret doing what I did. I fucked up this time
>>
>>16637379
Probably the best thing you could do now

Good luck man, get yourself together
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.