[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
signs of a doomed relationship
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
What are signs that someone is falling out of love with you, or that a relationship is failing?
>>
>>16635954

life is diverse, so there isnt any tell tale signs other then things like them openly hating you, cheating on you etc.

relationships are constantly changing and evolving. when you first meet someone you might not touch them for a long time. then six months later you cant stop touching. then six months later you only cuddle at home. then six months later you onle cuddle some nights.

some people stay more cuddly, others dont. losing excitement and passion does not mean losing love.
>>
>>16635954
>more time apart
>less calls/texts
>caring less about your feelings
>change in behavior

Are some.
>>
Their face doesn't light up when they see you

What was before a minor issue you guys can talk about turns into a full blow arguement.

He/She doesn't laugh or smile anywhere near as much as when you two first started dating.

Sex isn't as frequent.

They want more alone time to get away from you.
>>
>>16635963

>more time apart

this does not mean less love. less obsession maybe.

>less calls/texts

same as above. less calls and texts often just mean the honeymoon phase is over. you arent as addicted to them being in your present 24/7.
>>
>>16635966

if you live with someone you cant expect their face to light up everytime they see you. this does not indicate less love, just that they see you and are a regular occurence in their life.

>minor issue becomes argument.

sometimes, sure, but a lot of the time things you put up with in order to be close to you just begin to wear thin. it doesnt mean you love them less.

>sex isnt as frequent

no, this just means sex is less frequent. its normal for couples to slow down their speed. it doesnt mean less love.

>more alone time

that or you spend too much time together and they need alone time.

jesus, you all osund like REALLY clingy bastards.
>>
>>16635972
I don't know about that. In all my relationships those were usually the first signals.

When it becomes a new pattern and the patterns continue to dwindle then it's a sure sign, for me at least.
>>
>>16635986

relationships tend to dwindle out, thats how they work. but these things arent indicative of less love, just that the relationships passionate portion is over. there are people who have been married 20 years, and their faces dont light up whenever they see each other, they dont text as much as before, and they are trying to find hobbies to spend a little time apart.

does that mean they love each other less?
>>
>>16635986
if you were ever in a long term relationship you'd realize how dumb you sound.
>>
>>16635954
I feel like my bf doesnt love me anymore but we live together, he calls me all the time and at all work breaks and on his way to work, he does my laundry and cooks, he takes care of me when I am sick and pays our rent, he always has a boner for me and he always is coming up and kissing me. He likes to hold my hand constantly even when driving and sleeping. He calls me sweet things and tells all the neighbors how much he loves me.

But I feel like we are falling out of love.

He says its 100% me and that he loves me and thinks I am perfect but it breaks his heart because he doesnt feel like i love him or am attracted to him. But he is really hot and fit and funny and has lots of friends. I dont feel like he could possibly be attracted to me.

What is the truth?
>>
>>16635998
If there is no love and only lust to begin with then love was never part of the picture.

Love is a strong word.
>>
>>16636004

that would be extremely relevant if i had said anything close to relating to that.
>>
>>16636025
You should learn to read between the lines.
>>
If they have a problem but would rather confide in someone else and not tell you about it directly. Bonus points earned by personal experience? It being their apparently abusive ex boyfriend they'd rather confide in than tell you anything that's on your mind.
>>
>>16636002
CN someone answer me?
>>
>>16636053
you're both insecure.
>>
>>16636074
Why is that?
Can you elaborate?
>>
>wanting to spend less time with you
>frequently cancel dates or other plans
>lots of yelling
>sudden need for more privacy (could be in cheating-red-flag-way as in they don't want you looking through their phone or facebook or in the way of not being comfortable with you seeing them get dressed or something)
>less sex
>not being interested in talking
>slowly responding to your texts
>not picking up calls at times they usually do
>>
>>16636085
I really would like to know.
It has gotten painful
>>
>>16636000
>f you were ever in a long term relationship you'd realize how dumb you sound.

You're a dunce. I've had several long term relationships. 7,3,2 years to name several.
>>
>>16636120
You distrust each other. You keep side bitches in case something goes south. Youre interested, moreso than what is normal, in meeting new people, especially of the opposite sex (if youre straight). You argue a lot (no, this is not healthy). You find yourself imagining what itd be like with other people (not just jerking off, I mean you want to spend time with these people more than your partner).

That's a decent list.

If you have to ask whether it is falling apart or not, it may be.
>>
>>16636002
Youre being retarded.

Yes your boyfriend loves you.
>>
When you can't give someone else their space when they need it.
>>
>less calls/texts
>more time away
>not really a priority anymore
>less sex
>>
>>16636000
Virgin detected.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.