[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello. /adv/ please tell me how to stop being shy and creepy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: 1447250605327.jpg (38 KB, 852x476) Image search: [Google]
1447250605327.jpg
38 KB, 852x476
Hello.
/adv/ please tell me how to stop being shy and creepy around the guy I like, I just want to be able to look at him in the eyes and smile, but every time I try to do that, my breathing speeds up and I can't do anything.

To illustrate my situation
>23 year old kv, already gave up on ever losing it but this guy is showing interest in me
>not ugly, just a depressed shut in during my youth
>got my first job last year an met him there
I think he likes me but I fear that he thinks I'm ugly one he takes a closer look to my face, also boring and uninteresting because I have been a friendless shut in during most of my life.
The problem is that I stare at him too long and I stalk him a lot, with just his name I got his address, age, social media, contact numbers, job history, etc. I also changed my job schedule and supervisor to match his. I also dream about him almost every night.

With that said, every time he looks at me I just back away and put on a poker face and look away really quick, he sometimes catches the elevator with me and I can barely breathe during the ride.
Today he stopped to catch his train in my station and I just left the station and walk 40 minutes till the next one to avoid him.

I don't want to give his the impression that I dislike him or that I'm crazy about him, I just want a normal coworker relationship to know him better, but my spaghetti spills out every time.
>>
Best line from a so-so movie:

"“You know, sometimes all you need is twenty seconds of insane courage. Just literally twenty seconds of just embarrassing bravery. And I promise you, something great will come of it.”"

i'm a dude with probably a similar past to you.

I can say everything changed for me one day when I was 23 and met a girl, over the course of about a year fell for her, actively gathered myself, and put myself completely out there to her.

It resulted in the briefest of moments of absolute bliss (my first kiss) and later soul crushing agony. But the second I actually did it, everything changed for me. It was like a giant weight was listed off me and I lost all fear moving forward. Everything became easy after that.

Your mileage may vary.
>>
>>16635396
>The problem is that I stare at him too long and I stalk him a lot, with just his name I got his address, age, social media, contact numbers, job history, etc. I also changed my job schedule and supervisor to match his. I also dream about him almost every night.
creepy.
what makes you think he likes you? what kind of interest is he showing?

you could ask him if he wants to have a drink after work.
>>
>>16635420
Thanks for the words, I'm too insecure, I don't want him to look at my face up close and in good lighting, I want to shape up my body, improve my skin and then maybe smile at him.

>>16635436
He also stated at me and sometimes, like today, he slows down his pace to match mine walking towards the train and waits in my station.

But maybe it is my imagination, but I saw him looking back at me several times while he was walking. And I swear this in this walk to train I wasn't stalking him, that is just my regular walk.

>you could ask him if he wants to have a drink after work
I can't even look at the guy in the eye an you're asking me to invite him a drink.
>>
>>16635492
Oh so you've never actually talked to him.
>>
>>16635492
Um, if you two walk down the same road, yet are walking apart, he is not interested in you.
Overall this sounds pretty weak, some "staring" and "slowing down" (so he does not actually walk with you?) are hardly signs of romantic interest.
>>
>>16635512
No, never.

>>16635523
Fine, what do I do. I'm too autismal for a relationship but I still want him to notice me and talk to me, even if we're just friends.

>he does not actually walk with you?
No, I slow down as well and never catch his pace. Today he stopped in my train spot and I had to go to another station.
>>
You are idolizing this guy who you probably know pretty much nothing about.You realize he is not the perfect person from your dreams, which are nothing but your projections, right?
It is essential that you understand this if you want to have any shot at actually getting to know the guy, the way he actually is (because hey, it might still be great). But you need to chill the fuck out, stop worrying, shoot some banter, become friendly with others who are bearable as well (trust me, knowing people helps majorly in work environment when it comes to getting to know others). You will have a much better idea about what to do, why you feel shy or how to get better, but you need to actually treat the guy like a person.
>>
>>16635537
about the staring part; i used to think girls were staring at me too until i realized they were just checking to see if i was staring at them
>>
>>16635537
>I still want him to notice me and talk to me, even if we're just friends.
>friends
Well then work on actually having something to offer as a friend, try some small talk (first you say "hi" to people when you see them somewhere - make eye contact, say it, smile, return to whatever you were doing - eventually you start small talk, I don't know what your job is, but surely there are mundane yet relatable things to casually talk about).
Ask about him when you get a natural chance (e.g. he mentions a movie, you ask what he thought about it or react to the opinion he has already stated), act like you (or genuinely) care, smile a lot, actually listen to what he is saying and react to it in ways which make it clear you are actually reacting rather than simply saying your piece.
Once you are there, you come back and ask again while providing information on the dynamic of the (actual) conversations, his personality, your feelings about him, possible options of developing your relationship.
>>
>>16635537
this is so fucking weak. is he an alpha Chad thundercock or is he an awkward nerd? if it's the latter there's probably no reason to be afraid of him since he'll be more than happy to talk to a girl as long as you aren't a disgusting slob. you should really work on your self esteem tho, you sound pretty needy and god knows nobody wants to date a needy girl.
>>
>>16635396
1/2
Alright OP, sounds like you have oneitis for this guy and the harsh truth is that judging by the impression you given him so far, he probably is not intrested. Staring at someone on mutilable occasions is basically another way of saying "hey I really like you Anon, please love me back, Im desperate."
But don't give up, there is still hope. There are many ways to a man's heart but honestly we all know the best way, threw his dick. You should be in your best physical condition possible and above all else make sure to have a pretty face. A lot, and I mean a lot of guys prefer a pretty face over a hot body. When it comes to having a pretty face two things are key, symmetry and clear skin. But that would be playing the long game, so it would take a while. Try and keep get a tan so your skkin becomes more clear.
>>
>>16635575
2/2
Don't be afraid to be flirtatious with him. The best way to start small talk with a man is to give him complements (try not to be two to creppy, ill get to that in a moment). Smile when you see him. Dont ask him anything boring like work, try something like"so when you're not working, what do you do for fun".
>The problem is that I stare at him too long.
This is one of the worst things you could possibly. It comes off really creepy. When I was a 14 and found out a girl in my class liked me I actually started to like her a lot more (reciprocal liking, look it up), but when I actually started to notice her more she would always just stare at me and this gave me a really creepy vibe about her and I started to like her less. So above all else don't just stand there, make some sort of move even if its small. If he catches you starting at him (which you should'nt be) smile and say hello. DO NOT stare at him from far away because there is no way you can resolve that.
If he smiles at you when he meets you and he starts talking to you thats a very good sign.

All in all, make a move, be charismatic and intresting when talking to him, and do not stare at him.

But if none of this works and he is just not intrested, move on, there is always more fish in the sea.
>>
Just stop being creepy and be cool.
>>
Post photo of yourself OP
>>
>>16635540
This is good advise, I'm not a big sorry around people, just a little shy and many find that cute, I've been told . I can speak normally with guys and even really hot guys.
I know he is not perfect and maybe even has a girlfriend already or likes another girl.

But it is physically impossible to breathe or move a muscle in my face when he looks at my, I also fear that he will notice the blushing, heavy breathing stutter and shit. I just can't.
I can accept that we will never be together, but I can't stop being creepy and spill spaghetti when I'm around him, I don't want him to have that impression of me. And this is affecting my routine, I had to walk 40 min today.

>>16635552
This is good information. Also you're all under the impression that I really stare hard and that I'm obvious, but I'm very subtle.
>>16635575
I have a cute face, but I don't wear make up, I look like a washed out teenager in comparison to other girls. I also take obsessive care of my diet, will start to work out soon.

It seems like I have to get more courage, many people at my work think I'm nice and not creepy, really really shy but not creepy. Thanks for the no stare warning I will work on that.

>>16635597
No, I would like to get feedback about my appearance, but somebody might recognize me.

>>16635560
I will look extra pretty tomorrow and try to say hi.
Wish me luck.

>>16635565
He is really handsome, in my opinion.
I don't know if other girls fancy him as well or his sexual history.
>>
>>16635614
* sperg instead of sorry, sorry.
Fucking smartphones, man. I miss my computer.
>>
>>16635614
good luck anon
>>
>>16635614
>I will look extra pretty tomorrow and try to say hi.
>Wish me luck.
well there you fucking go.
and i won't wish you luck, this isn't a game of blackjack. you're going to do it.
>>
>>16635632
>>16635625
Thanks, how do I stop the spaghetti when I look at his face, though?
>>
>>16635646
To be honest you probably don't. You will probably be awkward as fuck.
That's fine. It's really not the end of the world. Say hi anyway even if you feel it will go wrong.
>>
I'm rooting for you anon.

I am also a spaghetti-spilling type, but over the last few years I learned to just summon up all my courage in one burst (similar to the line >>16635420 is quoting) and just talk to people a little bit. Keep it light and brief at first or you WILL spill your spaghetti all over. I've found that after I break the ice, people usually warm up to me in turn and the conversation starts to flow more and more easily after that. I'm not saying that necessarily happens to everyone or in every situation, but give it a shot. Just leap that hurdle. It's better than not knowing.
>>
And I'm not rooting for her, for she is clearly crazy. Stalking the guy, behaving like a mental hospital patient... It's a well known credo, never stick your dick in crazy. I feel sorry for the poor sod, he has no idea you stalk him or have his home address. If the situation was reversed, /adv/ would unanimously agree that OP is barking mad and creepy, and the object of desire needs restraining order and pepper spray. It's not cute, nevermind that OP is a girl, she still doesn't have a free pass on being borderline psychotic. And she's 23 years old, too. What the fuck really.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.