[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Guy I've been dating recently told me he's a creationist
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
Guy I've been dating recently told me he's a creationist and incredibly religious. I am not religious. Is it possible for this to work?
>>
>>16635127
No
>>
Odds are heavily against you.
>>
If he's strong in his beliefs it's doubtful that it'll work in the long run. Think of how much you'll disagree in raising your kids. It would get to the point that you both resent each other and will adversely affect the kids too.

And he's a creationist? They tend to be pretty retarded anyway.
>>
>>16635151
>>16635154
>>16635155
I'm very dubious about whether it will work but he's already told his family he wants to marry me. They hate me because I'm not Christian.
>>
>>16635163
If we ignored everything in the OP and just worked with "his family hates me because I'm not Christian," that itself would be enough to say that this probably isn't going to work. All you've done is now double the problem.
>>
>>16635163
Run.
>>
>>16635161
I don't mind that he's a Christian, I could accept that... It's the fact he believes the Bible word for word that I can't get my head around. I told me he believes Adam and Eve are the origin of humans.
>>
>>16635182
he* told me.
>>
As an aside it's strange that Jesus is the smallest word on that little card. You'd think they would have avoided such a design and gone with "Keep calm and praise Jesus" instead.
>>
>>16635192
It's also pretty crazy that Obi-Wan is the new Jesus.
>>
>>16635182

I'm sorry dear, this is not going to work.
>>
>>16635217
It's alright.. I sort of came to that conclusion, I just wanted to see if anybody thought it was worth giving it a shot anyway.
>>
Is murrica really that retarded? A bit religious somebody may be a dealbreaker? Just give it a time and see for yourself.
>>
>>16635375
Not exactly "a bit", American's are more religious than the Saudi's.
>>
>>16635375
They'll be miserable cunts to her until she bullshit converts. So any relationship with his family would be based on a big fat lie. Can you imagine having to lie about what you believe in order to be with somebody? By the sounds of it, this guy might even leave his church for her which would not go down well with the family, and if Christfags have to pick between Jesus and family, they're gonna pick Jesus. So yeah. It's either her or his family, or living a fucking lie if she stays with this guy.
>>
>>16635375
Creationism is a dealbreaker for me. It's even more so than post-modernism, and I'm an evolutionary psychologist.
>>
As a devout Christian, I can tell you that no, it will not. In fact, if he's a incredibly religious as you describe, he should know that the Bible preaches that it is a sin to date or marry a non-follower of Jesus. A person so devoutly following Jesus (or any religion for that matter) has surrendered their life to a high power - if their partner isn't as well, it will cause nothing but pain, resentment, and conflict.

If I were you, I would find myself a good agnostic or atheist boy that you can smugly nod your heads with because clearly, you've got it all figured out. I'm joking, but seriously - it just won't work. Sorry.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.