[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Guy I'm talking to doesn't read my texts
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: 4I2FLdY.jpg (38 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
4I2FLdY.jpg
38 KB, 640x640
So I'm chatting to this hottie from okc and things are going well until he disappears for a few days due to being busy and what not, all cool. We exchange numbers and we text regularly for a few days and then I get radio silence after I send a text.

But it's on whatsapp and I can see that at first, the message never gets delivered, then after a day or so it is delivered but not read.

Then he reads the message and replied a day later apologising and saying he was thinking about me.

But now it's happened again, first the message never got delivered (like his whatsapp wasn't receiving messages) and then delivered but not read for a day.

Is he just not interested or is whatsapp shit?
>>
he's probably not very into you
>>
>>16635023
But he started the conversation and keeps initiating it, and he never had to text me that first time when I gave him my number. It's just confusing. The way he talks to me when he IS talking implies he is... but the radio silence implies he isn't.
>>
and he's also showing as "last online" aaaages ago, so it's like he's just not using whatsapp at all and then opening it to see I've sent him a message? IDK how whatsapp does notifications
>>
>>16635015

people got to remember that htere is a difference between interested and obsessed. he might want to take you out on a date and get to know you more but that doesn't mean hes obsessed enough to have you at the forefront of your mind.

not delivered means he hasnt opened the app likely.

when its opened he might have simply opened it becuase of a notification, then didnt check anything. or he saw yours, and deemed it not important.

for instance is your message something like 'hey howsi t going?' is it ever a specific question like 'hey, you busy tomorrow?' or something?

i get a lot of 'sup' from friends that i cant be bothered to respond to cuz im busy with work. my best friend and i rarely ever text unless its specific to when were gonna hang again.

>>16635029

see above. but there is also the chance that you are a 'boredom friend'. the kind of perso he only talks to when hes bored and has nothing going on.

best way to find out is just to ask to hang out in person. can be as simple as saying 'remember when X did Y? that was so Z. we neeeeed to hang out again'
>>
>>16635045
haven't hung out yet, would be the first time hanging out in person. was waiting to be in a proper conversation before we did that, though he did say he wanted to have a Skype date some time soon? so I could go in with that, "hey, when do you wanna have that Skype date?"
>>
>>16635015
Go easy. You're just starting out, right? Chatting means you're not banging each other or dating, right? So go easy or you'll never get to the bangin' and datin' part.

But yet, whatsapp and texting are shit. Think up something to do together, set a time, set a place, and be there in person with him. Being together will tell you what you need to know.

Also, yer pic is great. Saved. WHO IS THIS
>>
>>16635067
Wait, you're waiting to be in a proper conversation before you hang out, and a proper conversation is a conversation on Skype?

Go hang out!

Also, everything this anon >>16635045 said.
>>
>>16635067

do that. maybe find a better way to word it so you dont sound desperate. skype dates are gneerall for your convenience / making usre you dont have immediately noticable bad habits, so he might be inclined to skip it if you are
>>
>>16635069
Yeah, I was just hoping to have like a proper conversation in which to gradually lead on to "Hey you wanna do somethin'" instead. But if I gotta go in head first then so be it.

Also ty, I had it saved and realised it was feasibly pic related
>>
>>16635084

generally speaking i find it easier just to go for broke and ask to see them in person. especially if its a guy. hes either interested or hes not. 'im going down to XX to get drinks tonight with friends, you should come along! im sure i could sneak away' etc.
>>
>>16635092
but it's just... what if he doesn't receive the message then I'm awkwardly left waiting... T~T
>>
>>16635114

then you wait til he logs on. you can always put it off in the distance. if you know he wont check his messages for like a week, put it a week in a half away. if ur that concerned, be more direct and make it 'you want to get drinks next week?' that way whene ver he logs on there is still a 'next week' to get drinks.
>>
>>16635114
>T~T

There's your problem. You type like a retard. I wouldn't respond either.
>>
>>16635204
c'mon, it's just a cute emoticon, I don't use it often and not in texts with someone I'm interested in 'cause I know how retarded it is, and I'm not, in fact, retarded.
>>
>>16635215
It's not cute. The only girls I know who have used it are fat and/or ugly.
>>
>>16635224
well let me break the mould! I'm neither fat nor ugly. I'm fairly slim and fairly cute, so let that be a lesson. Don't judge a... girl by her... emojis or somethin'
>>
So I sent one final text, going for broke, and then I'll cut my losses. tyvm guys, here's hoping for a reply but being prepared that he's just not that interested...
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.