[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I'm a junior in high school. Grades are looking like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: FB_IMG_1451336225234.jpg (25 KB, 400x506) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1451336225234.jpg
25 KB, 400x506
So I'm a junior in high school. Grades are looking like A,D,C,C. Not very much money. Lost a lot of hope in the chances of my success. Anyone know any numbers or any information on the success rate of not very book smart people? Everyone tells me I'm incredibly intelligent and they can tell just by the way I "talk" but I just think I talk funny and it might sound intelligent to them. I don't know. Just really lost in that typical "what am I gonna do with my life" bullshit crisis everyone goes through.
>>
>>16634423
>Everyone tells me I'm incredibly intelligent
looking at your grades I assume they are just trying to make you feel better
>>
>>16634429
That's what I'm assuming
>>
Grow to be curious about everything and learn how stuff works. Book smarts are not everything. But never stop trying to learn, and you will become wise.
>>
>>16634460
Believe me, I already am. Since I was a kid I've been overly curious about EVERYTHING. Like, how things work, how people work. I built a computer a little over a year ago because I was curious as to how they work. Just....you still need good grades and shit for success.
>>
>>16634423
Bump
>>
if you talk good then you can work your way up in a corporation.
>>
So your grades are A,C,D,C... Huh....?

Looks like it's time to drop out and start a rock band.
>>
>>16634423

can you define success? without a definition how can we give an actual percentage?

in highschool I got a lot of Ds and Cs in math and science.

now i manage a small office for a psychic. I only make enough to make ends meet and have a tiny bit of money left over for going to see a movie or dinner, but i only work five hours a day.

point is that the economy is made up of more than 'successful' and 'borderline-homeless' people. you could be a waiter your entire life and never want for anything other than a night off. there are people who dropped out of highschool that later go on to be a CPA and thats more than enough to take care of you and a kid assuming your wife works.

the job market is so incredibly diverse and not every single thing requires a 6 year masters degree from an ivy league school. look around at al lthe people in your life and see what they do. things have changed, you are less likely to manage an office with just a highschool degree. but you can get into some colleges even with Ds and Cs.

just buckle down and make a badass senior year if you want to compensate.
>>
>>16634779
Did you talk good up da ladder to get to be the head burger flipper at McDonald's?
>>
Uhhh

Just study? Christ.
>>
>>16634423
Bump
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.