[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how do you stop waiting for somebody to get in touch with you?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
how do you stop waiting for somebody to get in touch with you?

i'm a relatively well adjusted person, several previous stable relationships, no real issues and not particularly jealous or clingy (usually).

i find at the moment i'm just waiting for somebody in particular to make contact. if i don't hear something, i must have said something wrong, perhaps they're avoiding me. i can't possible get in touch first because i've already done that in the past week.

it's so hard, /adv/. i end up playing games with myself like ignoring my phone for an hour just to get the buzz of seeing something from them and i feel sad if i don't. sometimes i want to waste time sleeping or doing nothing so i don't have to feel that way.

i feel horrible at the thought that they might not get in touch at all on an evening.

this is not good, i need to get a grip. anybody else in a similar boat and managed to not be a massive pussy?

suggesting being busy with other things doesn't really work as it's still on my mind.
>>
Just fucking text them. Seriously. Works two ways. For all you know they're thinking the same thing you are.

I, for instance, should really text this guy, but I've been feeling miserable all week and don't want it to come through on text. But if he texted me, I'd be pretty happy!
>>
>>16634384

person is probably not awake and i've been the first person to make contact recently. i kinda want to give them chance to speak to me if they want to, rather than speaking to me because they feel they have to.
>>
I know exactly how you feel anon, I'm the same, it sucks so bad. Also if I see they haven't been online on facebook for a couple of hours I find myself obsessing and worrying about what they might be doing, it's so stupid.

The only solution i see is keeping busy, but even that's hard because your mind slips, that's how it is when you really like someone.
>>
>>16634367

I'm sort of secretly hoping that you are the person that I like OP, and waiting to contact me, I feel the same.
>>
>>16634485

unfortunately i can almost guarantee i'm not.

but you should text your crush and say hello in case it is me.
>>
>>16634531

Good idea. I just texted them.
>>
>>16634560
i just checked my phone and it's not me. the worst feels right now.

although i hope they get back to you very soon.
>>
>>16634572

Damnit. I'm hoping he's thinking about me the way you are.
I hope you get a text very soon OP. And remember, your crush might be feeling just like you are.
>>
I remember having this long periods of time.
I think i got over it by just realising that it is just completely normal.

>"everyone thinks that becouse of today's technoligy, people get in contact way more often. and ofcorse it's true, but I think it's to a way lesser extent than many may believe."
>"everyone still has their own lives, wethre you're smartphone-addicted or not."

I have a very large realy close group of friends, and we have a whatsapp-group together with all of us (fucking love it). and it feels realy good to just have a chat all of the time where you can always go when you feel lonely or whatever (like 4chan ey!). but still texting in between friends outside of the chat is very rare. we all have seperate lives, and we don't just call eachother all the time.
but we do hang out alot.and I mean very often. not all of us ofcorse I see some of my friends less then others.
but coming to my conclusion through a very strange path (I'm not a good writer) I have to say:

get realy good friends, get drunk together, do alot of stuff together, make more friends and mutual friends have parties etc.. you'll never feel lonely anymore, bc that part of your life is now satisfying!
>>
...and if it's about a crush I can't help you I've been struggeling with that too. I'm 20 and I've never had a gf, but I've had the chance absolutely. but I just always screwed up.

but bc of my friends I always feel safe and respected and supported, so I can handle my lonelyness
>>
File: 1375282822660.jpg (35 KB, 419x604) Image search: [Google]
1375282822660.jpg
35 KB, 419x604
>have a best friend
>we would hang out occasionally
>graduate high school
>usually it fell on me to set up a plan
>I always would ask him to hang out
>he never once asked me if we wanted to hang out
>two years of feeling like I was the only one initiating contact and feeling like whatever we did was "forced"
>last September decide to wait for him like OP is doing
>he never once texted me
>never facebooked me
>sometimes I would facebook him
>would be ignored most of the time
>winter break is in full swing now and sometimes I'll see him when our group of friends hangs out together
>don't really give him too much attention
>he'll sometimes prod me for attention
I feel like kind of a bitch for giving him the cold shoulder, but damn he started it first, ya know?
>>
anon, You are not alone.. Im checking fb 2 months with hope that she message me
>>
I once thought a group of friends didn't like me. So I stepped away so that if they approached me, I'd know.
They never did. Later I confronted them and they said they thought I was avoiding them.

You never really know.

I also have another friend who is stupidly terrible at keeping in contact with anyone.
For a holiday he went back to our hometown. He moped around lonely, and was upset that he didn't see anyone. It was only when he left town that he suddenly realized that he didn't tell anyone that he was in town!

Some people are just bad at it. They rely on others to keep in contact with them. And if you change your behavior, you're the one doing something different so it'd be reasonable for them to think you're avoiding them.
>>
>>16635799
>>16635629
Sometimes people are used to things being the way they are that they don't understand if it changes, people fall into a certain role in a friendgroup.

Sometimes friendships break just because of that, with no ill intention ment.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.