[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are accelerated high school programs, and online classes and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 606-diploma-jpg.jpg (50 KB, 600x437) Image search: [Google]
606-diploma-jpg.jpg
50 KB, 600x437
Are accelerated high school programs, and online classes and all that shit worth it/legit as fuck, or would it be better to just get a GED?
>>
>>16633903
No man, do not get a GED they are useless now. Don't take my word for it guide that shit, employers have enough people looking for work that GEDs go into the trash right worth the dropouts.
It's fucked but the GED program is outdated shit. It used to be enough to get into a trade but now you'd just be a certified dropout.
And fur fuck sake don't listen to any middle aged tradesmen who went the GED route in the 90's or earlier, it's a totally different world now. Cliche though it sounds fucking stay in school man, unless you want to be pushing grocery carts it mowing lawns the rest of your life.
>>
It depends on where you want to go in life.

4 more years of homework, and you'll be set to go get a degree at college which if used properly can get you far.

Or

GED, grit your teeth through shitty jobs for 10 years, get a modest paying good job, and still dream about better things but too old to pursue.
>>
So assuming I don't go with GED stuff, at that point would it be better to straight up go back, or is all the online and fast shit viable?
>>
>>16634861
just go to a normal high school you fucking lazy ass fag
>>
>>16634898
Shit nigga I'm fine with doing it, I'm just looking at other shit that might go faster since I've already wasted enough of my own time
>>
>>16634905
fucking Chinese go back to japan,
>>
>>16635828
Fucking korean go back to thailand
>>
>>16633903
The name of the game is preparing for college. Sure high school will be a waste of time, but if you pass enough AP/CLEP tests, keep a high GPA, and take community college classes that can transfer over, you'll save a lot of time and money AFTER those four years of high school.
>>
>>16633903
I guess it can depend on where you live and what school you plan on attending. Where I lived, the colleges within 2 hours drive from my high school had communication with them and they basically saved you roughly 1-2 years (and a good chunk of money) on your degree by letting you skip through a large portion of your AA.

I would have gone through four years of collegic high school if I hadn't been a big pussy and worried about seeing my gf at the time during school. I completed two years of it and it saved me about two semesters of courses anyways, but I still regret not going 4 years in the accelerated program.

Normal highschool is a waste of time for most people that care about their education. Nearly nothing carries over other than your higher level maths (trig, calc 1, etc.) and any Advanced Placement classes you can test out of.

tldr; I enjoyed the outcomes of taking accelerated classes in highschool and online AP classes are VERY worth it.

Do what makes you happy though OP
>>
>>16637064
What state did you live in?
>>
File: lakjshFLlskdjhflds.jpg (616 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
lakjshFLlskdjhflds.jpg
616 KB, 2000x1000
>>16637143
>>
Also, OP here, I dropped out sometime around the second year. The few years of NEETdom were fun but I gotta get my shit together.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.