[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people slutshame?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 17
File: i-dont-know-in-marathi.jpg (55 KB, 800x534) Image search: [Google]
i-dont-know-in-marathi.jpg
55 KB, 800x534
Why do people slutshame?
>>
Because sluts are disgusting and bad for society.
>>
>>16633815
Why?
>>
File: Heritage[1].jpg (56 KB, 633x360) Image search: [Google]
Heritage[1].jpg
56 KB, 633x360
>>16633819
Because they create unstable marriages and unstable marriages increase the divorce rate and increased divocre rates increase the number of single mothers and single mothers raise criminals. Sluts are directly responsible for crime.
>>
>>16633811
Because they think it makes them feel better, and superior. Easy as that.
>>
>>16633824
Bullshit, there is a huge amount of different factors. You should take a course about correlational research.
Also you are just implying that everyone who is 'slutshamed' is someone unfaithful who is unable to ever have a stable marriage, also bullshit.
>>
>>16633824
Not to mention they're a disease vector.
>>
>>16633833

he just showed you some statistics
>>
Why do people care?
>>
>>16633842
Because what you say affect people's feelings.
>>
>>16633842
Because sluts want to be validated in their shitty life choices and people don't want to do that. It's the same reason people look down on alcoholics and criminals.
>>
>>16633824
Then why don't you avoid marrying them, instead of shaming them?
>>
>>16633845
It doesn't have to though. It's up to you what you're affected by. Simply stop letting it affect you.
>>
>>16633852
> I don't want to date you because you are a slut
> STOP SLUT SHAMING MEH
>>
>>16633852
>Some people are shitting up society. Just ignore them bro.
>>
>>16633811
because men want virtue in women the same way women want alpha traits in men. A man will not settle with you if you are a slut.
>>
>>16633840

If you think this is convincing data, you should learn to read statistics.
>>
>>16633854
Exactly this. If you're truly comfortable with your sexuality you CANNOT be slut shamed. The only way you can feel ashamed of yourself is if you deep down feel that what you're doing is shameful.
>>
sluts are degenerate, and people like to shame degenerates

they have troubled lives and the only way they found to "fix" it was to get attention by using their sexuality
>>
>>16633840
You don't understand how statistics work.
For example:
If, which is likely, most people who are highly promiscuous are so because they have some sort of emotional or mental problem, they would still have this problem whether or not they slept around.
Just showing a graph doesn't mean you're a scientist.
>>
>>16633833
>Also you are just implying that everyone who is 'slutshamed' is someone unfaithful who is unable to ever have a stable marriage, also bullshit.
I said nothing about infidelity. Neither does the data. They're just more likely to divorce. Learn to read, slut.

>>16633852
Because there's always a desperate beta faggot waiting in the wings that'll gladly take sluts. I want to protect them too, as well as the rest of society.
>>
>>16633869
>If, which is likely, most people who are highly promiscuous are so because they have some sort of emotional or mental problem, they would still have this problem whether or not they slept around.
So why did the divorce rate remain so low for so many years before skyrocketing during "women's liberation"? Were there less mentally or emotionally unwell women?
>>
>>16633870
Betas exist to be exploited. Fuck them and their women while they watch and get you a beer.
>>
>>16633864
>>16633869
>sluts defending their behavior
Absolutely disgusting
>>
>>16633872
No, but women no longer needed to depend on their husband for their daily bread, and so could choose to either not marry, or divorce a husband that treated them poorly/they didn't like for whatever reason.
>>
>>16633878
>Exploiting betas
Beta detected. If you don't have a natural desire to protect those weaker than you, then you're a beta.
>>
>>16633824
this chart is shit
>stability of relationship defined only by duration
and thus completely ignores
>people who wait until marriage to fuck are way more scared of divorcing and losing that special snowflake thing
>people who have had 21+ partners probably LIKE sleeping around and don't WANT to marry
>>
>>16633880
I don't really saying most promiscuous people have mental or emotional problems as defending them, but okay.
>>
>>16633869
>which is likely, most people who are highly promiscuous are so because they have some sort of emotional or mental problem, they would still have this problem whether or not they slept around.

So basically being a slut is a sign of mental problems? Who's slut shaming now? :^)
>>
Because they
>fuck everyone they see
>are consumes
>stds for the entire family
>>
>>16633882
>It's because of mental unwellness!
>Uh, I mean, it's because women are strong indepedents now!
lol

>>16633884
>don't WANT to marry
>still marry
>then divorce and potentially ruin a child for life
Sluts are selfish? Got it.
>>
>>16633883
> implying that's a guy
That could be a slut, Anon.
>>
>>16633859
"I don't want to date you because I think we have different views on sex and I don't approve casual sex" or even just "No, thanks, I don't think we would work well as a couple".

You can express your opinion in a polite way.

>>16633860
How are they making society shitty?

>>16633870
If it is their choice to date a "slut", then how does it effect you and why should you bother?
>>
>>16633869

you can make all excuses you want to defend your point of view, it doesn't change the fact that people with more sexual partners are less likely to be in stable marriages

what caused them to have more partners? i don't fucking care
>>
>>16633891
Wow you completely missed my point, AND you assumed that all marriages result in children, AND that when they do, the parents won't figure out how to co-parent without being involved romantically

You're just a whiny baby with no concept of the real world and its real dynamics
>>
>/adv/ slutshames but doesn't blink an eye when a pedophile, junkie or otherwise immoral anon posts around here
Yeah...
>>
Guys do it because sluts are no good as wives or girlfriends. Girls do it because they drive down the price of pussy.
>>
>>16633852
lets be honest you just want to take the negative stigma of being a slut so you can use sex as a tool to gain favors,protection,attention and to manipulate them.
>>
>>16633893
Alpha females exist. Whether male or female, the poster is beta.

>>16633898
>If it is their choice
Because it breeds criminals and criminals affect my society and the society my kids will grow up in.

>>16633901
I said "potentionally" for a reason. Could you take those balls from your mouth though? It's awfully distracting. You literally said sluts were mentally ill earlier, by the way. And I'm the one with no concept of the real world? Ask yourself why so many nogs are in prison and commit violent crimes?

I'll give you a hint: It's about their mothers.
>>
>>16633898
So lie to them? I think they deserve to know why men don't want to date them. It's because they're sluts.
>>
>>16633918
*potentially
>>
>>16633918
>You literally said sluts were mentally ill earlier,
you literally think this thread has only you and one other person in it?

I said that people who wait until marriage and then stay in a miserable shithole because they're committed are mentally ill special snowflakes, not sexually open, confident women
>>
>>16633912
>lets be honest you just want to take the negative stigma of being a slut so you can use sex as a tool to gain favors,protection,attention and to manipulate them.

I had sex with one guy. I don't even really feel strong sexual attraction when I'm not in love with someone. I wouldn't be able to have casual sex even if I wanted, and I don't want to.
I just don't understand why someone cares about what other people do if it doesn't affect them.
>>
>>16633811
Why do people make low quality threads wanting guaranteed replies without asking for advice?

Dumb lazy shithead
>>
>>16633898
> Spreading STDs
> Having children outside of marriage and/or divorcing resulting in poor raising of the child
But I guess that's not shitting up society lol
>>
>>16633924
>women who aren't selfish and push through hard times for the sake of their family are mentally ill
Further evidence that sluts are retarded and bad for society. Thanks. You're making this really easy.
>>
>>16633918
>Because it breeds criminals and criminals affect my society and the society my kids will grow up in.
Statistics?

>>16633921
>So lie to them? I think they deserve to know why men don't want to date them. It's because they're sluts.
You can be honest without insulting them.
>>
>>16633932
Oh yeah because kids can't tell AT ALL when their parents are in a disgusting ass-backwards Red Pill relationship, and it totally doesn't make them grow up into young men who hate women and young women who hate themselves

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm ok
>>
>>16633929
Yeah. I'm sure OP has a general idea of why people slut shame. He's just looking for an ego boost with a replied filled thread

Go the hell away, OP
>>
>>16633930
> Spreading STDs and having children outside of marriage
Encourage the use of condom, birth control and frequent tests.
This would take down STDs spreading and unwanted kids more than shaming people for what they do in their life.

> and divorcing resulting in poor raising of the child
People divorce for many reasons, not just for wife infidelity.
As long as the parents are good enough to raise their kids lovingly and they're able to be in good terms with each other it isn't a huge problem, at least in the cases I've seen.
>>
>>16633902
/adv/ is not a collective
>>
> ITT: One woman who is likely a slut arguing with a bunch of anons
>>
>>16633935
>Fulton County Georgia jail populations & Texas Dept. of Corrections, 1992
>Translated, this means that children from a fatherless home are:
>5 times more likely to commit suicide
>32 times more likely to run away
>20 times more likely to have behavioral disorders
>14 times more likely to commit rape
>9 times more likely to drop out of school
>10 times more likely to abuse chemical substances
>9 times more likely to end up in a state operated institution
>20 times more likely to end up in prison

>>16633937
>Oh yeah because kids can't tell AT ALL when their parents are in a disgusting ass-backwards Red Pill relationship, and it totally doesn't make them grow up into young men who hate women and young women who hate themselves
Actually, that's single mothers you're thinking of again.

>In a study of 700 adolescents, researchers found that "compared to families with two natural parents living in the home, adolescents from single-parent families have been found to engage in greater and earlier sexual activity."
Carol W. Metzler, et al. "The Social Context for Risky Sexual Behavior Among Adolescents," Journal of Behavioral Medicine 17 (1994).
>>
>>16633949
Why are you still talking about infidelity? Nobody mentioned infidelity. Sluts are more likely to get divorced. Not specifically for infidelity. You must be projecting your particular brand of sluttiness onto others.
>>
>>16633935
> I don't want to date you becayse you slept with a lot of people
> STOP SLUT SHAMING MEH
I was paraphrasing the first time you silly goose. No matter how you explain it their own insecurities about their shitty behaviour will cut through your diplomacy.
>>
>>16633949
>people are damaging society
>better spend public resources to minimize the symptoms instead of solving the problem
>>
>>16633957
>one stumpy dicked neckbeard trying to justify his insecurity
>>
>>16633967
>u hav small dick!
>u neckbeard!
>u insecure!
Good golly, you almost hit every note in the "don't take my seriously, I've got too many cocks in my mouth" bingo. You only missed out on "bitter virgin".
>>
>>16633964
you're just pissed you can't sleep around, have your pick of the litter, AND have a career to fall back on
i blame your anime watching habits
stay salty, loser
>>
File: 1372892476484.gif (2 MB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1372892476484.gif
2 MB, 300x300
>>16633983
>>
>>16633949
> Implying condoms and birth control are 100% effective against STDs and pregnancy
> Implying sluts aren't emotionally unstable and unfit to raise children
> Implying children raised in a divorce are as likely to be a productive member of society as those raised in a stable marriage
Holy shit how can you be this retarded? Please do not breed.
>>
>>16633975
I can do that too!
Watch this
Good golly you almost hit every square in the "don't take me seriously, i'm too much of a fat bitter manlet to score a decent woman" bingo!

Yeah, it's a square, not a note, loser.
>>
>>16633988
Okay, now try addressing the actual statistics in the thread. That's the difference between you and I. I make my argument, then I insult you. You have no argument, so you insult me. It's adorable in a kind of pathetic way. Like when a weak girl can't lift a box.
>>
>>16633967
> implying most people don't look down on promiscuous women
Sure it's just the neckbeards. Personally I love sluts because they're easy, but I don't respect them. They have this powerful tool at their disposal. This valuable asset, and they just give it away.
>>
>>16633994
>I-I'm not a virgin with sour grapes, I swear
>I-I bang sluts all the time!

LMAO! Okay, loser.
>>
>>16633994
So you're a neckbeard then? You realise that "look down on" doesn't mean "don't like", it means "Don't respect", right?
>>
>>16633999
The loser line is too obvious to hook people. Try something a little more subtle.
>>
THE SHE-DEVIL TRIPS FORCE IS IN FULL EFFECT
HIT THE DECK
I REPEAT, HIT THE DECK
>>
>>16634003
So you have no defense against any other claim
and you pick at my name-calling but obviously your brand of bullshit is just fine.

Loser logic.
>>
> Loose an argument
> Resort to calling the other person a neckbeard loser.
Never change 4chan
>>
>>16633840
Without take a stance in this

Correlation =/= Causation

He's right though you should learn stats.
>>
>>16634008
Which claim? I'm not the guy who said "Sure it's just the neckbeards". I'm the guy who explained to him what "Look down on" means. Seriously, try harder.
>>
>>16633957
Read >>16633926

>>16633958
Thanks! Didn't know about it.
I read different opinions about it tho, so I can't really make a comment about it. I will read more later, and, if the thread is still up, comment.

>>16633964
Why do they get divorced more, than? Is it women's fault, both partners, what?
Plus, can't you have a discussion without insulting the other person? I don't think I qualify as a slut. You can go and read >>16633926 too, if you wish.

>>16633987
Condom and birth control are quite effective, if used correctly. About 98% for pregnancy and they have good results even against STDs. Of course not 100%.
Most people shouldn't have children, if you ask me. Most people have children for the wrong reason and aren't good parents. Even people who didn't sleep around.

> Implying children raised in a divorce are as likely to be a productive member of society as those raised in a stable marriage
I was more implying that what really mattered was the terms on which parents divorced. Stable, loving marriage are the best for raising kids, of course, but I think it's better to be raised in a divorced-on-good-terms couple than in a couple that argues all the time.
>>
>>16634012
>lose an argument
>resort to slut shaming

Yeah, never change, 4chan
>>
>>16634015
>Is it women's fault, both partners or what?
Doesn't really matter. Sluts have no gender.

>Can't you have a discussion without insulting the other person?
I can, but it's more fun this way.
>>
Someone needs to go close the cabinet where they keep their pvc figurines. It smells like cheetohs and ejaculate in here and I'm wearing extra-thick pants.
>>
>>16633987
Also sluts crave attention from men. They let men have so much power over them l. If he wants to go raw because he's a fucking idiot, she'll let him go raw because she's a fucking idiot.

My own god damn sister who I would have SWORN was smarter than this cheated on her bf 6 bloody times. 6. Unprotected. Even let some blow inside her. Wasn't even on the fucking pill. I wanted to slap her into a como for being that stupid. Even now, she's still with cpt cuckold, still going raw apparently with a guy she has no future with maybe getting pregnant and innevitably becoming a single mum like our own.

Okay /adv/ since this board exists for people to ask for solutions they already know, how can I get her to understand how much of a fucking retard she is being?

Did I make this shitty thread relevant?
>>
>>16634019
We STARTED slut shaming. Slut shaming IS the argument you retard.
>>
>>16634026
Why haven't you slapped some sense into her?
>>
>>16634026
no. but cool story bro.
tell us more about your incestuous desire for your slutty sister.
>>
>>16634012
women in a nutshell. I think the bottom line is to get over the fact that people are going to judge you like it or not. if you don't like it then you can go back to your safe space and hide from reality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXQkXXBqj_U
>>
>>16634023
The chart that the other anon posted was about women tho. And slutshaming is usually about women. So it seems like sluts do have a gender.
>>
>>16634030
yes, and why do you slut shame?
because you lost an argument, because no one in their right mind gives a damn about promiscuity anymore, and that makes you feel bad.

you lost.
stay salty.
>>
>>16633950
According to this thread, that was an absolutely fair generalization.
>>
>>16634038
yes because if you bring up why men shouldn't do it you get a whole bunch of "well muh biology says i should ..."

biology says I should shove every fucking inferior manlet aside and go for the tall handsome rich guy, but when i do I also get derided to shit for that.

Go figure.
>>
>>16634038
No, they don't. The chart had a gender. Sluts don't. I'm the anon that posted the chart. If there was a chart regarding men, it would've been posted too. Slutshaming is usually about women because women are usually the sluts. Men don't have the luxury of being sluts without serious work being put in, so they're less likely to be sluts.
>>
>>16633811

I AM THE DANGER

I AM THE ONE WHO KNOCKS
>>
>>16634015

At least you can agree that sluts are the ones spreading STDs and having children be accident, even if you can't admit it directly lel.
> Most people shouldn't have children
Yes and among them are sluts. Again I love how you admit I'm right but can't do it directly :^)
>>
>>16633811
cause sluts deserve it
>>
I like sluts though
They're easy and can be ignored afterwards
>>
>>16634042
we get it you slut but that doesn't mean we have to accept you for being a slut.
>>
>>16634061
This. They're the cum rag 2.0: use and throw it away.
>>
>>16634042
>no one cares about promiscuity anymore
Then why thus thread
>>
>>16634042
Not the one you're quoting, but.
>because no one in their right mind gives a damn about promiscuity anymore
[citation needed]
>>
>>16634048
I think that I know the same amount of guys and girls who sleep around, to be fair, and all the effort they do is going on tinder/going to clubs. Maybe I know a lot of good looking guys.

>>16634058
>At least you can agree that sluts are the ones spreading STDs and having children be accident, even if you can't admit it directly lel.
People with many different partners spread STDs, of course. But I think that couples have sex more frequently than sluts and they are more likely to have children by accident. I have sex way more than all my single friends, even the most promiscuous ones.

>Yes and among them are sluts. Again I love how you admit I'm right but can't do it directly
If thy still aren't mature enough to settle, of course. If they grew up and have a different lifestyle and are happy with it, no.

No problems in admitting you're right when you're right. I just don't like calling people "sluts", I see it as an insult.
>>
>>16634042
I'm fairly certain that most people wouldn't want to be in a serious relationship with a former prostitute or porn star. Please stop with the cuck posting.
>>
>>16634031
Frankly I was too stunned for a really long time. I thought we were all raised better than that. I can't stand cheaters. And the fact she had been so reckless. I thought she knew better. I really really thought she was so much smarter. I wouldn't think less of her for sleeping around if it weren't fir the fact she was cheating and that she was being so foolish about it. Fibding out my sister was a fucking tramp has really affected our relationship. I have no respect for her any more. And the fact she lets this awful relationship she's in go on is also distressingly weak willed oc her. She plainly needs to have a man. My other sister feels exactly the same way about it but also can't build up the nerve to tell her straight that she is making a big mistake by staying with this guy. We're really worried about her and we're afraid she may just dig herself further into this shitty situation out of denial if we try to explain this to her. Maybe it's something she just has to go through, but I don't want my nephews or nieces growing up in a broken home like we did.
>>
>>16633811
I don't care about sluts, I just would not date one. They are for a one night stand if anything.
If I date someone I expect mutual faithfulness.
>>
>>16633811
I don't slut shame on real life, but I do not know a single slut (man or woman, it doesn't matter) who is not a self-centered egoistical prick who gives zero fucks about people around him/her.
>>
>>16634079
>I just don't like calling people "sluts", I see it as an insult.

cause it is one, cause they deserve it
>>
>>16634079
>On tinder/going to clubs
This is much tougher for men than it is for women. If a woman wants to fuck a guy, I'd say one in every 5 men would accept her offer. Not so with a man. I've made that number up, but I'm sure you can understand what I'm getting at.
>>
>>16634090
Don't bother. There are valid arguments as to why someone shouldn't be a slut but this person continues to ignore reason. This thread is a great example as to why you shouldn't argue with people on the internet.
>>
>>16634090
>cause it is one, cause they deserve it
I think it makes my point of view less valid, if the best argument I have against a behaviour is an insult against people who perpetuate it.
>>
>>16634104
people have been shouting statistics and facts to sluts since the beginning of mankind, YET THEY KNOW BEST, so really the only thing you can do is shun them and insult them and hope other girls see the amount of hatred towards them and choose another path

when little girls see "slut acceptance" they see it as an okay path to go down, you DO NOT want them to go down that path as it can lead often to battered wives, stds (some fatal), unwanted pregnancies, single motherhood(which is not great btw)
>>
>>16634097
But in my experience there are also less women who want to fuck around than man. Most of my single female friends wants a boyfriend, most of my single male friends want to fuck. I'm 23 and in college, if that matters.
>>
>>16634120
I'd wager both sets of your friends are saying what they think they're supposed to say.
>>
>>16634079
Can't you see how it's worse for two random people to have a child then two people in a committed relationship? If someone is choosing to do something stupid I'll insult them because they deserve it and I expect the same.
>>
>>16634124
Well really a girlfriend is just somebody you care about but also fuck repeatedly with little effort and a high rate of success. If they want to fuck they should think about getting a girlfriend.
>>
>>16634127
Stop idiot shaming.
>>
>>16634124
Probably that's what they think they're supposed to say, but they also act accordingly to what they say. I agree that most of my male friends get rejected a lot when looking for casual sex, but there are also way less girls that are looking for casual sex, in my experience. I don't have statistics and I'm not saying I'm necessarily right.

>>16634127
>Can't you see how it's worse for two random people to have a child then two people in a committed relationship?
Depends on how long they've been in a relationship and if they stay together. Honestly, most couples at this age break up anyway and things aren't really better than a unwanted pregnancy after a one night stands.
>If someone is choosing to do something stupid I'll insult them because they deserve it and I expect the same.
Why? If they're not someone you care about and their actions don't affect you, why do you give them your opinion?
Also, why insulting them instead of explaining them?
>>
>>16634161
>Also, why insulting them instead of explaining them?

cause dumb people, especially sluts dont understand statistics and facts

for example: >>16633833

they scratch their heads and call them bullshit

so you have to get on their level, they DO understand shunning and shaming
>>
>>16634161
> You are sleeping with too many people. You are at a higher risk of contracting STDs or getting an unwanted pregnancy. You should be more discriminating in your sexual partners and practice moderation like a sensible person.
> STOP SLUT SHAMING MEH (ignored)
>>
>>16634175
>>16634168

I don't know, to me it was the opposite.
I grew up in a very supportive family that would never shame me for my sexual choices, but at the same time always told me that monogamy was the best way to avoid STDs, to use condoms AND birth control, to get tested frequently even if I was in a monogamous relationship, etc.
Not saying that it is the absolute best way to deal with the problem, but I think that shaming people and treating them poorly doesn't solve anything and just creates more problems to them.
>>
I think it's a sign of poor priorities, hedonism (which is bad because it distracts from things I deem more important), a personality that is very different from what I like (if you're a slut you're probably very social and material), and I find it hard to respect someone who (both literally and figuratively) lets in whomever with no standards. I also think that sex is a very momentary pleasure that's not worth putting time into seeking unless it's with someone who's already your partner, and I think it's easy to get hurt from having that biological bond (attachment hormones) with so many people. So while there's nothing objectively wrong with it as long as the partners are clean, subjectively it's very, very undesirable when compared to my own standards and ideals. Therefore, I dislike sluts. Because I dislike them, I want others to share my opinion and I want there to be less sluts so the world is more suitable to my tastes. To accomplish this, I "shame" them. Making someone feel ashamed is a good motivator for making them want to change, because nobody wants to feel ashamed. I hope this answers your question. And I'm curious, why are you a slut? Why not just use sex toys if you really need to satisfy your libido?
>>
>>16634194
Just curious - Do you act the same way with guys who seek casual sex?
>>
>>16634192
>Not saying that it is the absolute best way to deal with the problem, but I think that shaming people and treating them poorly doesn't solve anything and just creates more problems to them.

im not saying to shame little girls right off the bat, you DO explain it to them like they atleast have a brain at first. If they do GREAT

HOWEVER, if they DONT have a brain then you start shaming them, like in the olden days where one girl would be the town whore and every other girl was shown her and told not to be like her as an anti example of how to grow up
>>
>>16634202
>HOWEVER, if they DONT have a brain then you start shaming them, like in the olden days where one girl would be the town whore and every other girl was shown her and told not to be like her as an anti example of how to grow up

And all men fucked the whore and gave STDs to their wives. Ah, the good ol' days.
>>
>>16634201
I do
>>
>>16634192
See everything you just said? Sluts don't do that. That stuff would be smart. If you did all that responsible shit but also had many partners that would make you promiscuous sure, sexually liberated or whatever you want to call it. But a slut doesn't give a fuck, or at least wants to not give a fuck or appear to not give a fuck all under the guise of just having fun, hoping that their "free spirit" will endear them to others or project an aura of confidence that they actually lack. Sluts fill emotional gaps with unsafe sex maybe out of subconcious desire to destroy themselves. Sluts are complicated.
>>
>>16634201
I don't actually shame people in real life because I prefer to avoid conflict, but action aside, I'm disgusted by them as well for the same reasons.
>>
>>16633811
to make me feel better about myself
>>
>>16634161
> What you're doing is fucking stupid and you should stop
> OMG STOP IT!! LET ME LIVE MY LIFE! !
But yes you are right if someone is being stupid they are allowed to be however when what they do impacts society that I live in and they try to justify it I care.
>>
Because when sluts eat margarine, then they're going to get divorced in Maine. Look at my chart! Stats don't lie.
>>
>>16634247
Could you provide one for all of the non-insectoids in the thread?
>>
>>16634247
Fucking new england, man. Can't handle their margarine.
>>
>>16634225
>>16634219
I rarely hear a guy saying he is against guys having casual sex. Nice to hear.

>>16634224
Actually, this is interesting.
Do you think that there's a way that works well to deal with this problem? Since STDs and unwanted pregnancy among teens are just raising lately, whatever we're doing now (sexual education + shaming, I guess?) doesn't really work. Is there some way to help them dealing with their problems without letting them perpetuate that behaviour, which is obviously destructive for them?
>>
File: rrLe319.jpg (331 KB, 1223x1541) Image search: [Google]
rrLe319.jpg
331 KB, 1223x1541
>>16633811
Because no one likes sluts
>>
>>16634271
>when pounds of margarine consumed go down, divorces go down

Are you implying the chart doesn't say this?
>>
>>16634283
I misread it because the text was small. Fight me irl fggt
>>
>>16634278
except for alphas
>>
>>16634293
not to date, not to marry, to fuck? ya sure
>>
Itt : people who think that more sex is a bad thing and have never heard of condoms.
>>
>>16634247
Graph is invalid because it's not real butter.
>>
>>16634291
Come at me, bro.
>>
File: inteli.png (21 KB, 263x200) Image search: [Google]
inteli.png
21 KB, 263x200
>>16634304
>condoms stop 100% of stds
>condoms also stop the deadening of emotions you should feel when you are with a significant other

you earned this friend
>>
Nine times out of ten, it indicates a very self-centered, impulsive, shortsighted personality. There are exceptions, there are girls who have lots of sex who I wouldn't consider "sluts." And even those who are, I'm not the type to insult them. But I keep a distance, I don't really trust them with anything, because they're flighty and flaky and not to be trusted.

Actions have consequences. That's all I really have to say about it. There's nothing wrong with having lots of sex if you're careful and considerate about it, but most sluts aren't. They want to have their cake and eat it too, they want to fuck anything that moves on a whim, and expect no changes to their friendships or reputation.
>>
>>16634263
Not that anon, but I would like to see more involved parents. Parents who can provide good support and guidance will leave children more prepared to assert themselves and deal with the stresses of adolescence. Children who have distant parents are more at risk of delinquency.
>>
>>16634310
Well, you can also conclude that the more real butter you eat, thus lowering the amount of margarine you have, the more likely your marriage will succeed.
>>
>>16634263
The problem is cyclical. It all comes down to where they're raised. Is the household religious? Do they have a stable home environment? What is their education like? Sluts, like drug addicts and criminals are most often a symptom of poverty. Sluts have unwanted pregnancies, which means unwanted children and unwanted children often have fucked up up bringings. Boys trend toward criminality and girls trend toward being sluts and repeating the cycle.
>>
File: wat.jpg (6 KB, 278x181) Image search: [Google]
wat.jpg
6 KB, 278x181
>>16634322
>the deadening of emotions you should feel when you are with a significant other
>>
>>16634327
>consequences

oh no! the C word, women HATE that
>>
>>16634335
sorry it's already to late for you
>>
>>16634329
I basically agree with you.
So, maybe, instead of shaming the "sluts" we should teach people how to be better parents?
>>
>>16634322
Hah there's been plenty dumber. But that's a real contender.
>>
>>16634327
I'd agree with you that that kind of attitude can lead to lots of sex, but a lot of people seem to believe that lots of sex leads to that attitude.
>>
>>16634338
I'm a happily married dude with kids. Yeah, way too late for me.
>>
>>16634341
Stop being a faggot and deal with the fact that shame is a necessary part of maintaining society. Fucking hell man. You really don't understand people at all.
>>
>>16633811
because it opposes the gender role of women which the state believes it to be a good mother in a functioning family. however, sluts normally end up having children with some random guy they fuck and they are not responsible enough to bring up children.
>>
>>16634349
sure ya are
>>
>>16634344

Well, there's a very important distinction between "lots of sex" and "lots of partners."

But yeah. I'm just stating my own observations. People who have a ton of different partners (male or female) tend to fit a certain personality type, by a large majority. Your statement doesn't mean much to me, it's a chicken-or-the-egg situation at that point.

I'm not saying these are all bad people, or anything. Just that it does indicate certain traits, some of which are not positive. Everyone's flawed.
>>
>>16634334
>Is the household religious? Do they have a stable home environment? What is their education like?
I think that religion doesn't matter that much. Education and home environment do.

Everything else is pretty much on point.

>>16634327
This is the best post I've read this far.

>>16634351
Maybe if instead of telling people to not do something because it is morally wrong, you explained people WHY it is wrong without any bias, it would make a better society. People aren't dogs, most of them can understand things.
>>
File: Least.png (8 KB, 257x196) Image search: [Google]
Least.png
8 KB, 257x196
>>16634356
>>
>>16634362
>Maybe if instead of telling people to not do something because it is morally wrong, you explained people WHY it is wrong without any bias, it would make a better society. People aren't dogs, most of them can understand things.
Sweet Jesus. Go out there and ask people why it is a bad idea to have unprotected sex with strangers. If you can find one person over the age of say, 15, who doesn't know, maybe you're not a total idiot. Sluts DON'T CARE. THEY ARE TOO STUPID TO CARE. They know better but do it anyway because they don't make that decision rationally. They run on emotions. Because they are idiots. Go out there and be that educator. Miraculously put an end to the cycle of poverty and ignorance and maybe one day the word slut will have no meaning anymore. Until then it is a shameful word that helps discourage that shitty behaviour.
>>
>>16634362
Religion absolutely has an impact.
>>
>>16633811

You are responsible for your actions.

/thread
>>
File: 1445974116660.jpg (19 KB, 385x383) Image search: [Google]
1445974116660.jpg
19 KB, 385x383
>>16634399
> he fucking /threaded his own post
>>
>>16634383
A LOT of people think that STDs/unwanted pregnancies can never happen to them. A lot of people think that "pulling out" prevents unwanted pregnancies efficiently. A lot of people never get tested even if they're told to.
Like, some of my friends (early 20s) think that pulling out is just fine. People aren't as informed as you think they are.

I don't want to be that educator and I'm absolutely not trained to do so. But OBVIOUSLY shaming doesn't discourage that behaviour, since we've been shaming them for ages and STDs and unwanted pregnancies didn't decrease till we started using condoms a lot.
>>
Because feminists are spreading this idea that being a slut has 0 consequences, which is bullshit. You can't undo the slutting around. For a huge amount of guys, a large body count can be incredibly off-putting. Many girls know this from an early age, but feminists are brainwashing them into believing that no sane man cares about that shit. So young girls go to college and fuck/suck as many dicks as they can in the name of youth and experimentation, and when they get out of college, some poor guy has to look his love in the eye and know that that face has had dozens of guys' sperm on it.

The moment the whole world collectively stops slutshaming, is the moment that the feminist "ideal" goes into overdrive and girls will fuck around simply because they think it's the right thing to do (even if they don't feel like it). That's what I'm afraid of. I don't want to look my girlfriend in the eye and imagine all the disgusting shit she did with all those random men.
>>
>>16634414
There's no way to adequately tell what the effect of shame has had on those rates. Would you suppose that decriminalizing theft is a good idea? I'm not asserting that the stigma attached to slut behaviour is the cure, if it were there wouldn't be sluts. But destigmatizing bad behaviour can only lead to an increase in that behaviour so why take the risk? Certainly educating people may help. Raising people's living standards would help. But until you can achieve this, the word slut is necessary. The stigma is necessary.
>>
Damn robots really are everywhere.

Why slutshame?
Because its easy, because you wont let me fuck you, because i fear for your safety, because i just want a simple fucking date with you..... yeah i fell i love with a girl like that, she was cute, qurky and easy to talk to.
Shes doin fine now, got a steady job, bf.
Moral of the story,
dont be a pussy
>>
>>16634388
Yeah, religious girls have been some of the sluttiest girls I've met.
>>
File: 8c3.jpg (43 KB, 640x496) Image search: [Google]
8c3.jpg
43 KB, 640x496
>>16634399
>not being called a slut for having consensual sex is dodging your responsibilities
>/thread
>>
>>16634476
I am just saying that it clearly has very little or no effect at all since promiscuity has been shamed for ages and it is still here.
I think we should try to help people out of their conditions, or if we don't want/can't do anything at least we shouldn't shame them for what they're doing. If we treat them as if they're worthless, they have no reason to change their attitude. I totally do agree with stigmatizing the behaviour, but not the person.
>>
>>16634491
Yeah when they go wrong. There's too many variables to take into account, and there will always be trend defiers. Religion does actually have a profound aaffect on people's behaviour though. For every catholic school girl gone wrong I'll bet there's many more uptight sorts.
>>
If being called a slut makes you feel bad, you know it's a bad thing which is why slut shaming isn't a thing. Sluts should feel shame for their actions.
>>
>>16634414
>A lot of people think that "pulling out" prevents unwanted pregnancies efficiently. A lot of people never get tested even if they're told to.
Like, some of my friends (early 20s) think that pulling out is just fine. People aren't as informed as you think they are.
If used correctly, pulling out *is* actually decently effective. The problem is that it's rarely done correctly. Too many guys don't have as much control of their orgasm as they think they do. If it's not screwed up though, it's fairly effective at preventing pregnancy.
>>
>>16634497
/thread/ing his own thread was over the line, but for every action, there are consequences. Even if you have consensual sex, it can have consequences. You might not be responsible for the consequences, but in this case you fully control the actions that cause them.
>>
>>16634503
>Religion does actually have a profound aaffect on people's behaviour though
Being religious does not lead to being a good person. Amount of sex partners also does not relate to how good a person is.
>>
>>16634521
U don't understand what you're trying to say. Are you saying slutshaming is the consequence?
>>
>>16634500
How can you possibly know that? That's like saying theft being against the law has ZERO effect on theft rates. How can you be this dumb? So if it doesn't eradicate a behavior altogether than it has NO effect? If it were legal to take other peoples things without asking do you think people would respect other people's property? There'd be no concept of property. How would society function? Use your imagination and imagine a world were we historically had no way of sorting out whose kids are whose, who inherits what etc. Where STDs flourished in the many eras before safe sex was even imagined let alone possible. You doubt the power of shame. It is a core element of social interaction. It is what tells us, this action is good and this action is bad. Think about the last time you decided not to do something you knew was wrong. Or maybe your sense of right and wrong is so ingrained because of that shame that there WAS no decision. You automatically knew not to do it. You really really need to grasp this. There are always going to be offenders, just like having clear and defined laws against ceratin things doesn't outright stop something from occurring does not mean they have no effect. Take literally any intro course in psychology of sociology or some faggoty useless but interesting course in that vain and it may explain this idea to you far better than I can.
>>
>>16634535
"I" don't understand, not "U." Sorry.
>>
>>16634535
Not him but yeah. Fucking around can lead to being slutshamed, like unprotected sex leads to pregnancy and STDs.

Not saying slutshaming is right, but people will judge you for a lot of things, including promiscuity. It's a simple fact of life.
>>
Because their fannies stink.
>>
>>16634526
No shit fuckhead. I'm saying it's makes itless likely they'll be sluts. Stop purposefully misrepresenting me you shitbird.
>>
>>16634546

I think the problem is that women are held up to unreasonable and contradictory standards when it comes to sex. On one hand men want women to be sexy and put out, on the other hand they're shamed for doing so. Society is full of female sex symbols and female sexuality, but women are rejected for exercising it. So a woman has to be "in touch" with her own sexuality but never to the point where she is arbitrarily considered a slut, which is a tricky and contradictory balance.

And let's be honest, men don't have to worry about this. You have to go through lots of women and boast about it to get anything approaching a bad reputation, and even then a "manwhore" is considered a humorous term more than a genuine insult.
>>
>>16634553
No it doesn't, idiot. Just because you want it to be true doesn't mean it is.
>>
>>16634556
>And let's be honest, men don't have to worry about this. You have to go through lots of women and boast about it to get anything approaching a bad reputation, and even then a "manwhore" is considered a humorous term more than a genuine insult.

Men have the problem the other way round 'though. Being a virgin is a much bigger problem if you're male.

Different people, different facts of life. Be a slut if you want, I won't judge you for it, other people might. You'll know to avoid those people, what exactly is the problem here?
>>
>>16633811
>Why do people slutshame?
usually women are the most active in slutshaming. It's because they dislike other women getting attention of men, possibly their men.
>>
>>16634535
Among others. Some people find promiscuity distasteful. Others include:
>stds
>pregnancy
>inability to bond
>potential partner's refusal to enter a relationship

I don't know why I said the last one, seeing how you'll probably just cry "WHY WOULD ANYONE CARE". But that's the way it is.
>>
File: 1450239298736.jpg (126 KB, 482x750) Image search: [Google]
1450239298736.jpg
126 KB, 482x750
Hmm...would you slut shame a women that's in an open, committed relationship?

>honestly curious
>>
>>16634556
>On one hand men want women to be sexy and put out, on the other hand they're shamed for doing so.
They want women to be sexy for ONE MAN. Once a girl is openly "sexy", she's considered a slut/attentionwhore. That's the way it works. You don't need to be a virgin in a burka.
>>
>>16634585
>open, committed relationship
What the fuck does that mean?
>>
>>16634565
These are mostly problems on 4chan.

In my actual everyday life, I rarely run into any of the big argued topics or extreme views I find on 4chan.

It always worries me when people take things they see in here so seriously.
>>
>>16634567
>inability to bond
I see people say this a lot, but I've never found it to be true.
>>
>>16634595
>I rarely run into any of the big argued topics of extreme views I find on 4chan
That's because they're usually things you can't talk about openly without risking your social status in one way or another.
>>
>>16634595
I was just thinking the same thing about slutshaming, actually. It's not that big a thing where I live, either.
>>
>>16634594
It means we are both free to have sex with whomever, whenever we want unless one of us specifically verbalizes that we aren't ok with a certain situation or person, then the other person respects that and backs off.

I've been in this relationship for the past 5 years, engaged for 2. It all hinges on very open communication and trust.
>>
>>16634611
Who gets laid more, just out of curiosity?
>>
>>16634585
No. That's not slutty. Not to me. Having multiple partners, being sexually liberal tat's not slutty to me. Slutty is sleeping around without any or with very low standards. Using sex as an emotional crutch. Using sex to hurt people emotionally. Cheating on somebody. Not practicing safe sex despite being promiscuous.

What you described isn't slutty unless to me unless you do that sort of shit.
>>
>>16634598
I personally think this pertains to the physical and psychological intimacy aspects of sex. The more sex you have with different men, the less you find that intimacy special, and the more it becomes about sexual pleasure. Do it with only a few guys in your life, and the physical intimacy retains it's "specialness".

I guess when you see your boyfriend as one of the few people you've done it with, they're more special than if they're just another node in your sexual array. Of course the emotional aspect still remains, but the physical aspect is also worth a lot (seeing how important sex is in relationships).
>>
>>16634539
I perfectly understand why, historically, promiscuity was bad for our society and there was a necessity of "shaming" people for having that kind of behaviour. I hope you do realize that STD rates were way higher than they are now, and it was acceptable for men to cheat on their wives with prostitutes. Sex before marriage was very common, and a lot of marriages started because the girl got pregnant.
Promiscuity, if done intelligently and moderately, doesn't affect society in any way. If you're on birth control, you check for STDs, you use condoms, you aren't affecting others.
I think that we should have a stigma against unprotected sex, instead of casual sex. That's my point.
>>
>>16634611
Yeah I would consider that slutty. But then again, I consider casual sex slutty. Maybe others only care about the number.
>>
>>16634615
Neither. It's?about the same.

Despite what a lot of people think, I don't just go and pick up some random guy at a bar. That's very dangerous and a good way to get killed.

I just go about my day, be friendly towards people, and if someone expresses interest in me, I give them my number and we talk. I make sure they understand what kkind of relationship I'm in, and if they are ok with that, we have some fun.

And sometimes me and my fiance meet some girls that want to have fun with both of us, which is rare of fucking amazing when were that lucky.
>>
diddn't read anything above, just wanted to share my thoughts on when a person is a slut:
When a person finds the sex itself more importent then the person they are having sex with.
and even in that case I'm in most cases OK with it. anyone els agree with my definition?
>>
The same reason some "progressive" people are racist. They got hurt by x kind of person in the past, so now they hate x kind of person. Slut(s) hurt me in the past, so now I don't like sluts.
>>
>>16634626
Ya I personally hate girls like that.
>>
>>16634662
>anyone else agree with my definition?
I agree with why you defined it that way, totally. However, I prefer to sticking to slut's original definition, something that everyone has been in.

Slut ends up being this really vague word for women we don't like, sometimes independent of how many sexual partners they've had, or the qualities of said partners.
>>
It can be explained even biologically we normal people look down on sluts.
While men have unlimited reproductive capability, women have limited and each time they reproduce it takes 9 months. That's why men have sex when they can, yet women sample more, they only have sex with men they choose fit to reproduce with, even after the creation of contraceptives this evolutional trait remained in our psychology. A woman's sexuality is her most precious kept treasure, only meant to be shared with those she deems worthy for it. Sluts share this with anyone, without pride or self-esteem, so it's natural to view sluts as worthless human beings.
>>
>>16634631
I do realise all that, now imagine if there weren't even so much as a taboo surrounding it. We do have a stigma against unprotected sex, we slam it into our kids heads. Use protection. Don't get teen pregnant. You might call a woman who has frequent unprotected sex with numerous men... as slut. Or a dude who "goes raw" with numerous women and gets several pregnant a slut, which isn't as big of a bragging point when you're the father of a small brood of bastards and you're basically penniless because of it. Unprotected sex is a thing sluts do. I've maintained this whole time that people don't practice it even when they know better, because people are stupid. They like being stupid. There will always be sluts. Being a slut will always be looked down upon. Just like theft is looked down upon. Or drinking to much. Or lying. Or littering. Or literally any of the things we say you shouldn't do but people do anyway. Once there are no consequences of promiscuity, and everyone is totall okay with everybody fucking whoever whenever, the term slut won't mean a thing. Until then, people are going to keep caring about this, and slut is going to be a dirty word for unbecoming behaviour.
>>
>>16634668
>>16634668
>>16634668
this
>>
>>16634694
Yeah because sex without reproduction has never existed.

Face it, it upsets you for some of the reasons these honest people are admitting. Ego, ego ego.
>>
>>16634694
You evolutionary psychology to explain my butthurt folks are real pieces of work
>>
>>16634669
I mean I wouldn't date you. I'm not comfortable with that arrangement at all, because monogamy is a sacrifice and a promise which if kept is incredibly meaningful to me, and I wouldn't want to feel like I was holding you back from doing something you wanted to do, but no I certainly don't consider what you've described to be slutty.
>>
>>16634590

The problem is twofold:

1. People have different definitions of "sexy." A woman can be called a slut simply for wearing miniskirts or being flirty/friendly which men misinterpret.

2. Being sexy with just one person, ever, is a ridiculous standard that men are--by comparison--not held up to.

>>16634565

The reason why men are shamed for being virgins is the same reason why women are shamed for being sluts; because women are viewed as prizes for men to seize and conquer. If we discarded this way of thinking it would be good for both sexes.
>>
>>16634694
Man I'm part of the slutshaming side of the argument, but get the fuck out. Evopsych is a teriffically misused and poorly understood tool for butthurt manosphere fuckboys. Even the people who work to develope evopsych dennounce their use of it because it muddies the waters of an already contentious issue. Fuck off.
>>
>>16634702
I don't think we educate people about safe sex nearly as much as we should.

Then, who is a slut? A person who doesn't have safe sex? A person who is promiscuous? A person who is promiscuous and doesn't have safe sex? A woman who is promiscuous and doesn't have safe sex?

The word slut is right now pretty much just an insult for women, which honestly bothers me. It's not even about promiscuity anymore.
I think I am far from a slut, whatever your definition is, and I got called one a lot in this thread just because I am a girl. Obviously I am not offended or anything, it's just 4chan, but if the point is shaming someone for a stupid sexual behaviour, we should both shame boys and girls who fuck around, and not use that term to insult every girl who does something we don't like.
>>
>>16634714
It hasn't until the last hundred years, mi muchacho ;^)

That's a drop of water in the ocean compared to our species timeline.
>>
>>16634778
Lady I've been called all kinds of fucking shit. I don't expect the world to change for my benefit though. Ever been on the receiving end of racism? I make one mistake as a new driver and I cop a mouth full of abuse. I hit on a chick who isn't interested in me and I'm a fucking sleazy cunt. I smoke one fucking cigarette when my mate offers me one and I'm a fucking scummy cunt. If you can ignore 4chan, you can ignore eveyone's bullshit. The world is bullshit, just get over it. Also people have no idea if you're a chick, I'd wager most assume you're a dude, I did.

So is what you're asking for, a gender neutral term of derision for people who practice promiscuous unsafe sex or otherwise egregiously violate social propriety regarding sex acts? You don't want that. That way lies madness.
>>
>>16634818
You don't think people were smart enough to figure out anal/oral/digital stimulation? If the last hundred years are a blip, then we've never been dumbasses. Try to go out without the aid of modern technology and survive *without* using your mind. It's impossible.
>>
>>16633811
I personally do it to make them feel bad because I'm mean. Don't have anything against sluts tho
>>
>>16634714
>>16634719
>>16634743
I think his point is that the dislike of it is innate for most men who slutshame. It's the same for me. Although I agree with the rational reasons behind slutshaming (stds, pregnancies, pair bonding, likelihood of divorce, likelihood of cheating, etc) they only constitute 10% of my reason. The other is emotional: I simply don't like to imagine the girl I like fucking another dick. It's understandable if it's a former boyfriend, but imagining a girl I like having casual sex? It literally disgusts me on a level I can't control.

Although I'm not sure how common this opinion is.
>>
>>16634723
Which is completely understandable. I was actually against open relationships in the beginning, but my fiance made it clear at the beginning that he would not be in a closed relationship, and I was ok with it. Doesn't mean we didn't have our struggles in the beginning, but through those struggles I've learned a lot about myself and being confident in myself and being able to feel a true love, trust, and respect for someone that I think many people miss out on.

If we were to break up now (which I hope never happens) I don't think I could go back to a closed relationship. For me, it takes so much pressure off the sex aspect which is why I think lots of people cheat, and it allows me to show him a side of myself that I share with no one else. I personally feel so much more free.
>>
>>16634822
I don't care about being insulted in general. I know who I am: most insults are totally true, and I don't care about being called things I am not if not in front of my parents.
I said multiple times that I am a girl, and just replied to people who replied to my prior posts, so I guess it was somewhat obvious at this point.

If you defend slutshaming as a way to stigmatize promiscuous unsafe sex, then why do people use that term just to insult just girls, sometimes even regardless of their sexual acts? And why guys are rarely "slutshamed"?
I think shaming has its limits, but if we have to do it, slutshaming as it is now is a pretty poor way to handle it.
>>
>>16634862
Jealousy is pretty normal. Nobody likes to imagine somebody they like with somebody else (usually, there's always cucks afterall), it hurts our egos. But if that were the reason for our distaste for sluts why would that then extend to women we don't have an interest in? I don't think it's instinctive, at least not entirely. I'd wager most of it stems from culture. It's looked down upon and for some pretty good reasons. We consume and conform to that culture mostly.
>>
>>16634734
>People have different definitions of "sexy."
That's true, but the majority of people are going to agree that displaying a lot of leg and cleavage is already "sexy". It's really easy to remain within the limit and still be comfortable. I've never ever heard a guy tell a girl that she needs to dress more provocatively. I've heard girls say it to other girls, but never guys. Most guys just take what's available.

>Being sexy with just one person, ever, is a ridiculous standard that men are--by comparison--not held up to.
I meant one known man at a time, aka a boyfriend. I didn't mean staying a virgin until you're married and then sticking through it whatever happens. There just has to be a love component.

>If we discarded this way of thinking it would be good for both sexes.
It won't happen. To be honest I think both are innate. Women normally have a really easy time getting laid, and men are the complete opposite. That's why it's only natural to automatically categorize them. Even if the words aren't used, people will always think the thoughts.
>>
>>16634883
Because people are idiots. I've said that a hundred times. And seriously even if you say you're a chick I assume you're a dude. And a white one.
>>
>>16634884
I'm speaking from my POV so keep that in mind.

>Jealousy is pretty normal
For me, I definitely feel jealousy when a girl I like has a boyfriend. That's normal. But when I hear that she had casual sex/was promiscuous? That's it. I look at her face, and all I can see is a slut. I can't imagine kissing her lovingly after I know she's had a random dick between her lips, it completely revolts me. That doesn't mean I hate her as a human being, but as a romantic prospect she doesn't exist anymore.

>But if that were the reason for our distaste for sluts why would that then extend to women we don't have an interest in?
Multiple reasons, if I had to guess:
>you imagine being with her automatically, especially if she's attractive
>you imagine how she influences other girls you could potentially be with (just look at how people rage at Miley Cyrus for allegedly influencing young girls)

Probably more but I'm drawing a blank.

>I don't think it's instinctive, at least not entirely.
Probably not entirely, since religion and social stigma is still fresh in our society, even if it's lessening. But at least partially.
>>
>>16633811
It's called being romantic. Sluts are offensive to the romantic.
>>
Because I'm allowed to have my own opinions and preferences and I don't like sluts. "I pick my nose and eat it, why do people shame me for it?"

If you don't like what someone thinks about what you do you pay no attention to it. There is no death sentence for being a slut. It just so happens tat the majority of human beings do not find it an attractive quality in a person, just like wiping your ass with your hands and then not washing them is also considered unattractive.
>>
>>16634818
Do... do you actually believe that?
>>
>>16634947
I actually see something in this. The romantic in me can't handle looking at sluts.
>>
>>16634952
I fucking shame anyone I see leave the bathroom with washing their hands. I follow them and loudly tell people what they didn't do unil they go back or I'm about to get punched by their disgusting unwashed fists. Gross.
>>
>>16635077

You're autistic though
>>
>>16635077
I rarely wash my hands. But then again I don't have trouble not pissing all over them which I guess some people do?
>>
>>16634734
Men are shamed for being virgins because our society dehumanizes and objectifies men -- yes, really -- by conflating their entire values as human beings with how sexually successful they are. Stop trying to frame issues affecting men as solely female problems. They are multifaceted.
>>
Men slutshame because sluts are undesirable longterm partners.

Women slutshame because they undercut the value of pussy and thus have to become sluts themselves to compete in the dating marketplace. And slutty behaving is unnatural to a lot of women.

I mean seriously, imagine how much a maniac you have to be to let a random guy insert something INSIDE of your body. Not only that he could give you a disease, or insaminate you with the DNA of a psychopath. Slutty behavior is really quite dangerous if you think about it.
>>
>>16635088
Oh no doubt. It's still disgusting though.
>>
>>16635098
If you touch your dick, you should wash your hands. Are you okay with the idea of a bloke touching his dick and then shaking your hand? Be part of the solution.
>>
>>16635115
The penis is one of the cleanest parts of the body. Hands, on the other hand, get fucking filthy even seconds after you wash them. Personally I don't believe in dick-cooties.
>>
>>16635115
I'm not afraid of imaginary dick germs from briefly touching his dick. Unless he actively smells bad or has bad hygiene in the first place.
>>
>>16635131
Because people don't wash their fucking hands frequently enough. Or trim their fucking nails, or scrub them. Wash your god damn hands, Anon.
>>
>>16635132
Not washing your hands is a bad hygene practice. Red flag.
>>
>>16635110
>INSIDE of your body
This x100. I just can't imagine a sweet respectable girl letting a random nobody put something INSIDE her. It boggles my mind.
>>
>>16633926
>I just don't understand why someone cares about what other people do if it doesn't affect them.
If you aren't a slut why do you care about slut shaming?
>>
>>16635193
>sweet respectable girl
"But Daddy I love him."

Stupid things happen.
>>
>>16635205
Because I've been called a slut pretty often, and I honestly don't like being insulted.
Even if I am not, or at least I like to think so.
>>
>>16635157
Dude, your hands are crawling with bacteria within SECONDS of you fucking washing them. You just touched a doorknob? Or a keyboard? Or your own face? Or god fucking help you, you just opened your wallet and took out a dollar bill? There's tons of filthy shit just out floating in the world, and assuming you don't live in a nudist colony, it doesn't get on your dick because it STAYS IN YOUR FUCKING PANTS.
>>
>>16635218
Are you being slut shamed, or are you being called a slut? Not the same thing. I can understand it might confuse you if you're autistic, but slut shaming is the act of shaming a woman, or even a man if he's a big enough faggot to get rustled by it, for her promiscuity. Just calling a chick a slut to insult her isn't slut shaming. It's just being an ass.
>>
>>16635230
Until you touch it with your hands. Multiple times a day. Also no personal hand santiser and antibacterial wipes to handle objects? You don't disinfect you keyboard, or open doors with your elbows? What are you? A cave man?
>>
>>16635236
I know you're probably just taking the piss, but I really hope you're for real. I want to believe you're one of those people who carry around bottles of hand sanitizer and refuse to touch everyday objects without a paper towel. Germophobes are so goofy.
>>
>>16635231
I am in a relationship. I've never had sex, flirted or kissed someone else.
I have been called a slut for:
- Sleeping in the same bed with another guy. We were flatmates and heating broke down in his room. We had been friends since elementary school.
- Going out for dinner, movies or drinks with male friends.
- Hugging male friends.
I've been called a "cheating slut" and a "attention whore" by friends of my boyfriend and even from a friend of mine.
My boyfriend obviously knows about what I do/who I am out with/etc. and is fine with it. I've been friends with these guys since I was 5.

I don't mind someone calling me a slut as an insult, but I do mind when someone questions my sexual conduct.
>>
>>16635254
Infection vectors. Limit them. Wear mosquito repellent incase of mosquitos. Wear a surgical mask if you're ill and are forced to go outside. Keep your hands clean, religiously. Air dry yourself after a shower, no towel, then alcoholic wipe rub down followed by moituriser so your skin doesn't get all fucked up. Towels can become breeding grounds for bacteria, can't trust them.
>>
>>16635285
Yeah that's not slut shaming. That's just chicks being complete bitches.
>>
>>16635285
Not the guy you're replying to, just raised my eyebrows at this.
>- Sleeping in the same bed with another guy.
God, but I'd be mega-level pissed at my girlfriend if she did this, to the point of possibly breaking up -- not that I think she'd ever cheat, it's just a respect thing to me. Doesn't matter who the guy is. And of course I'd behave the same in turn; I'd have yielded the bed to my roommate and sleep on the floor. I'm not criticizing you, I'm just continually amazed at how different boundaries can be across relationships.

That said, of course I'd never call you a slut for it (both because you didn't do anything wrong and because I disagree with implicit values attached to the word) and the way it gets thrown around so carelessly on this website is really vile.
>>
>>16635285
What this (>>16635301) guy said. There's nothing slutty about any of that, and no one in their right mind would call you a slut for it. And I'm REALLY quick to call slut.
>>
>>16635330
>Doesn't matter who the guy is
What if it's her brother and the only alternative was one of them sleeps on the ground?
>>
>>16635301
>>16635349
Most of the "shaming" was done by guys, male friends of my boyfriend. They all assumed that I cheated/was going to cheat on my boyfriend because I was affectionate to other guys. They all called him an cuck for letting me (as if I had to ask his permission) hang out with other guys, and said I was clearly a slut because "why should a guy hang out with a girl if not for sex?".
All my close friends are guys, I was a tomboy when I was a kid and I haven't been close to girl till puberty. Even after that, I got close to literally 3 girls.

>>16635330
I can understand that, and I usually wouldn't do it either, especially because it is "our" bed so I tend to not let other people sleep there, not even girls. But my friend was sick, so after asking my boyfriend I let him sleep there.
>>
>>16635350
OK, yes, excluding family members. I'll admit to employing light hyperbole there. As regards sleeping on the ground (well, the floor), that depends on the particulars of the situation. In most regards I'm not particularly traditional, but as a man, I can say I'd almost always yield the bed to the woman and voluntarily take the floor. If there's truly exceptional circumstances ... clearing it with me beforehand and being very open and upfront about it goes a long way towards ameliorating something that normally would never be OK.
>>
>>16635400
(And I think it's safe to say 'illness' would count as one of those exceptional circumstances, although personally I think I'd still give my female roommate the bed and break out my sleeping bag. But that's just me -- I'm really not being critical here.)
>>
>>16635400
Tell them they're a bunch of fucking shrimp dick betas. They're projecting their insecurties on you and your bf. Also are you sure you're not in highschool?
>>
>>16635400
I'm just a random fucker who read through this thread.

I'd say your boyfriend's friends( >>16635285) are not really the best company for him (your story gives me impression that he hangs around with bunch of stoner betas who blame everyone else on their shitty choices), but I don't know thou.

I also agree that slut might not be the best insult for a dumb bitch generally, but it has a historic cultural stigma on it. In due time it might disappear from everyday talk like "wench" has already, not it takes time.
Anon >>16634539 is right imo, shaming is needed but your words on education are correct too. Times change.

Listen to Anon >>16634822 preach, they are only words of I-need-to-prove-my-masculinity betas.
>>
>>16635470
same guy

as Anon >>16635418 said, call their bullshit beta behaviour out. If they want to change their behaviour, help them and they'll appreciate you more than you would care.
>>
>>16635400
I wouldn't call you a slut but these things are definitely red flags to some guys. I'd not be able to date a girl if she had predominantly male friends, or was a "tomboy". Those things never end well. Either she cheats, I'm going to die of jealousy, or one of her friends desperately tries to fuck her and she remains friends with him. The last one is a true scenario: I was at a new years party a few years ago, and 2 guys were touching a 3rd guy's girlfriend's tits and ass all day. She thought it was funny and shrugged it off as "friendly banter". I can guarantee you guys don't touch girls' tits as friendly banter.
>>
File: image.jpg (65 KB, 431x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65 KB, 431x640
Because guys pressure girls to be more sexual than they want to be, and raises the expectations on all women to put out. Therefor people slut shame as a way of "checks and balances" to keep things a bit more conservative.
>>
>>16635483
That scenario is either hopeless or she's gagging for the D.
>>
>>16635499
hopeless naivety*
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.