[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it possible to erase a feeling? I keep feeling lonely and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: 1988.jpg (227 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
1988.jpg
227 KB, 2048x1536
Is it possible to erase a feeling?

I keep feeling lonely and I can't fathom these people who are just like "lol I have no interest in dating" because simply deciding to not care for love makes just as much sense to me as just spontaneously deciding to quit food and never feeling hungry again.

How do you stop wanting a goddamn hug?
>>
>>16633543
>makes just as much sense to me as just spontaneously deciding to quit food and never feeling hungry again.

That's a pretty good comparison actually.

You know how when you're doing something, and you're really into it, like really in the zone, and then you realize "shit, I've been so busy I haven't eaten in X hours"?

Same principle, just keep being busy with yourself.
>>
>>16633572
I have so much shit to do I'm legit contemplating faking a suicide attempt again just to get to a little vacation in a mental ward.

Having stuff to do doesn't make me content. It only makes me draw back deeper into these thoughts. The more I try to run the tighter they stick to me.
>>
>>16633579
>contemplating fake suicide to get some free time
>has time for shitposting on an Hawaiian ornithology mailing list

Ok.

Anyway, depends on what you mean by "shit to do". I'm not talking about mundane tasks you do because they're your responsibility, I'm talking about something you can really dedicate yourself to. This kind of stuff won't draw you deeper into >tfw no gf, because you'll actually have your mind busy. Improving at something I was obsessed with was absolutely the best thing I could ever do for feeling better with myself, and that's what it's really all about.
>>
File: 2015-12-29 17.47.30.jpg (338 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-29 17.47.30.jpg
338 KB, 960x1280
>>16633684
My mother's house is a completely trashed hoarder house because it was designed to house one person but has three people living in it, my mother doesn't have the time to do anything because she has a job and my sister won't do anything because she's an evil cunt, so this all falls on me. Literally everywhere looks like this.

Every morning I wake up to my sister barging into the TV room (I sleep on the couch) so she can sit there on her PS3 all day, I'm slapped in the face with the noise and the clutter and the constant stench of dog piss absolutely everywhere.

everywhere is loud. everywhere is trashed. everywhere is cluttered. everywhere is filthy. I know I should be sorting through the trash right now, too, but I just fucking can't.

I should already have signed up to this job search thing but the ID things that requires have been lost in the mail because EVERYHTING'S FUCKING TRASHED AND THE MAIL HAS PROBABLY BEEN THROWN OUT.
>>
>>16633543
>How do you stop wanting a goddamn hug?

by stop being a needy fag who lives in a fantasy land dreaming about finding a perfect girl and eternal love. Focus on your education or career, or just buy a hooker and get over it.
>>
>>16633719
I could get sex. I just don't want sex. As a matter fo fact I fucking hate sex.
>>
>>16633721
Boo hoo who the fuck cares. Grow up and stop being a drama queen yearning for hugs, that's just pathetic m8. Get on with your life and do something worthwhile

What the fuck is wrong with adult people nowadays, I swear my 4 yo niece is less needy than some fags from here
>>
>>16633729
>4 yo niece

does nobody ever hug her?
>>
>>16633738
Ya, people hug her because she's a kid. She doesn't like it too much because she's an independent little lady
>>
>>16633751
So she would be completely okay with being left somewhere and never touched or shown expressions of affection again?
>>
>>16633762
What is wrong with you? She's a kid, you are a grown ass person. She wouldn't be fine because she's little, very young and dependent, she needs hugs and kisses to feel safe and wanted because her analytical thinking and logic are zero, she can't just sit down like a grown up person and think rationally 'ah, I have to work and educate myself and take care of my ill parents so i'm needed also noone tries to shoot me so i'm safe'

Do you want someone to give you a pacifier and put you in a buggy too? People grow up and their need for attention and hugs should lessen or at least become significantly less important
>>
>>16633799
> People grow up and their need for attention and hugs should lessen

well, unfortunately that has not happened. I'm still a crippling void of attention and affection that hides under the bed to cry because nobody wants to touch me.

now what?
>>
>>16633707

GTFO of there as soon as you can bro. Needing a hug sounds like the least of your problems, and you'll never be able to grow as a person as long as you're stuck under a heap of someone else's garbage.

That's easier said than done, but It's no wonder you're feeling lonely if that's what your fucking day looks like.
>>
>>16633848
I'll get out of here as soon as I get a flat.

I'll get a flat as soon as I get a job.

I'll get a job as soon as I can.

I can get a job once I've managed to get myself into the unemployment archives (not even going to try guessing how the fuck you translate that to english)

And I can assign myself there as soon as my ID papers come in the mail

I'm just hoping they won't be fucking lost again because this house is a fucking swamp which swallows all material things as well as your hopes and fears.

I was still painfully lonely during the time I was living by myself, though. With the infinite luxury of space, complete silence, and everything staying where I left it.
>>
>>16633729
This is /adv/ not /b/. We don't call people fags who are cincerely asking for help on a board where people are asking for help.
>>
File: tea of disapproval.png (84 KB, 250x256) Image search: [Google]
tea of disapproval.png
84 KB, 250x256
>>16634036
>We don't call people fags who are cincerely asking for help
yes we do
we just did
>>
>How do I stop being a little bitch?
I'm not sure what kind of answer you want OP.
>>
>>16633543
>Is it possible to erase a feeling?
It's possible, but it's not like flipping a switch. It takes a long time and a lot of discipline, and often some pretty major attitude adjustment as well.
>>
>>16634270
How?
>>
>>16634359
I'm not that anon but it's pretty easy
>occupy yourself with other things
>find new hobby
>whenever u start thinking these thoughts just stop and force yourself to think about something else
>accept that you are lonely and that's not likely to change
>recognise that loads of people are in the same boat and they manage just fine

basically deal with your fate. like a poor guy never dreams about being a bilionare, you don't dream about having a gf bc it's so beyond you it's impractical to even ponder on that. don'r indulge yourself with whining like you do in this thread it helps nothing
>>
>>16634371
so just ignore it hard enough and hope it goes away?
>>
>>16634382
no? you actively work hard to avoid thinking about it. its not the same as hoping it goes away. its like with going on a diet, u don't hope you'll wake up one day and eat healthy or whatever, u control yourself. same here
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.