[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why would someone pick vet school when he can pick medicine?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: hedgehog.jpg (81 KB, 480x478) Image search: [Google]
hedgehog.jpg
81 KB, 480x478
I see it as being pointless and a waste of the person's GPA.
>Being a vet has a lower status and income
>The number of years of studying in grad school is the same though
>Job security is somewhat lower than being a doctor
>You memorise the same shit about anatomy so it's not like vet school is easier
>Both are just as stressful as you need to perform operations and that is gruesome
>Vet school may as well be harder as you need to deal with so many species of animals
>>
Because they like it more. Because they don't want to see a human being in pain. Because they are more interested in animals than in human anatomy. Because they don't want to deal with patients.

Being a doctor means that you have someone else's life in your own hands, it's not a job for everyone. That's it.
>>
>>16633260
I'd think it'd be obvious to assume that the reason behind it would be that the person simply likes it better to deal with animals than humans.

Hell, I believe I would have been able to endure studying mechanical engineering or math, those areas interest me, yet here I am studying graphic design (its got some programing and other computer science-y stuff to it, so landing a job won't be hard, I imagine) which, at the end of the day, I like better.

or maybe what >>16633269 said. Seems reasonable, too
>>
>>16633269
Dealing with sick animals is really the same as dealing with sick humans.
>>16633280
Really, both jobs are fundamentally the same. Why not pick the one which pays better?
>>
>>16633289
>Dealing with sick animals is really the same as dealing with sick humans.
It really isn't, if you're not some sort of sociopath.
If you see a dog in pain, you feel sorry but you don't empathize that much.
If you see a person in pain, you get the feeling that it could be you and you do empathize a lot. It's a really hard feeling to deal with.
>>
>>16633300
No way. These people can learn to change this trait.
>>
>>16633307
>No way. These people can learn to change this trait.
They can, but why should they?
It's way more easy to choose another career that is almost as rewarding and be yourself.
>>
>>16633319
>almost as rewarding and be yourself
These people are just being picky.
>>
>>16633260
>Both are just as stressful
Stop making this thread.
>>
>>16633363
And why do you care? It's not like they're effecting you in any way.
>>
>>16633368
This is different!
>>16633378
No, but it makes no sense and I wonder why anyone would do this.
>>
>>16633386
>No, but it makes no sense and I wonder why anyone would do this.

People not wanting to change themselves and go through a lot of pain for a job?
Some people value their mental health and emotional wellness more than money.
>>
>>16633392
Being a vet and a doctor are basically the same, except that one deals with animals and the other deals with humans.
>>
>>16633378
/thread
>>
>>16633260
>this autist again
You realize that when every single person on a board disagree with everything you say, you're probably wrong, right?
>>
>>16633570
Is this the fucker who considers becoming anything other than a doctor, lawyer or engineer a waste of time? I am lmao'ing at his life.
>>
>look Ma! Im posting again
>>
>>16633570
You guys may be trolling me.
Also, these guys agree with me!
>>16629960
>>16629962
>>
>>16633580
>anything other than a doctor, lawyer or engineer a waste of time
Nah, they are for people with low grades/GPAs.
>>
>>16633289
hey retard. he literally answered that in the post you responded to. maybe you should worry about finishing middle school before you worry about other peoples career choices
>>
>>16633260
Why would someone pick to post the same overused troll thread when he can create new, more inspiring one?
>>
>>16633681
I don't believe him.
>>16633722
Because I want to ask this question. Even my parents would think picking vet school insteas of med school is pointless and stupid.
>>
>>16633734
But you got all the answers you lil fucker
People pick whatever strikes their fancy
I picked the worst degree possible instead of harvard law because i have a martyr complex and low income is my kink

Your parents & you can suck my dick
>>
>>16633427
>except that one deals with animals and the other deals with humans.

And, as I already explained you, not everyone is up to spending his whole life seeing people suffering. It's not easy to deal with, and you don't "get yourself" to do it.
I am a med student, and a lot of people dropped uni after a month of work in hospital.
>>
Well sanic, if there are not enough vets, then what are you gonna do when health problems stop you from going fast?
>>
>>16633770
You are so weird
>>
>>16633289
>Dealing with sick animals is really the same as dealing with sick humans.
no it isn't
>>
>>16633734
>I don't believe him.
Why would he lie to you?
>>
>>16633808
It seems bullshit
>>
File: 1445378207058.jpg (20 KB, 360x261) Image search: [Google]
1445378207058.jpg
20 KB, 360x261
>>16633260
>OP posting the same thread for months
>on /adv/
>Still not banned

MODS
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.