[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
IP address question and advice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (58 KB, 1000x546) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58 KB, 1000x546
I don't know if this is the right place to ask so let me know if it isn't. But my one online "friend", he sent me a link saying to check out the cool article, and when I clicked it redirected to a site that was blank. I checked the URL and he used one of those IP logger sites where it logs IP and he can see my IP. BUT I was on my phone. I just want to know is is it possible for him to track where I live from a cell phone IP which resets every time you enter airplane mode or just randomly? Please let me know and tell me if I need to ask another board. Any advice on what to do? Even if he calls the police and has them try? Thanks. And advice in how to feel
>>
File: image.jpg (74 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74 KB, 250x250
i believe they can, you better be ready for seat teams or stuff like that, they might even come to your house if they're that fucked up. Be carful
>>
>>16632790
Can't tell if sarcasm or not?
>>
No I'm serious, people have been known to call a swat team on different people, look up swating on utube. Fucked up shit
>>
>>16632769
They can't track your exact location just from IP
>>
https://www.iplocation.net
Here it'll show what people can see from knowing your IP
>>
People can find away, just be careful.
>>
>>16632790
>>16632819
>>16632825
>>16632827
He's 16-17 FYI. Thanks so far everyone. I think he just googled how to find someone and found a video and followed it
>>
Wait did you just get my IP?
>>
>>16632834
Unless you are me then no
>>
Bro wtf, how did you know my age
>>
Wait so that was your IP, because I'm flipping the fuck out now
>>
>>16632834
Are you asking >>16632825 ?
That link shows the IP of whoever clicks it, but shows it only to them
If I click it it'll show mine and if you do it'll show yours
>>
Ok thank you because I was shiting my pants s moment ago
>>
>>16632884
I'm sorry. I couldn't tell if you were trolling or not. No, and don't click funny looking links either. Always google them first, wise lesson
>>
Well it depends OP. If you were using your mobile data then the only location your friend is getting is the cell tower your phone used for data. Now if you used your home wifi that's a different story. No need to fear though. Even if you were using your home wifi the only location your friend would get is the city you live in. The only way for someone to get the pinpoint street and house number of a person with just an IP address is by asking your internet service provider. Now in the scenario you used your home wifi I suggest that you unplug your modem and leave it powered of for 10 - 30 minutes. That way if your ISP hands out dynamic IP address (which almost all of them do) you will get a new IP address. Now you wont be ddosd by the frustrated skid. If that doesn't work you can always ask your ISP to change your IP address
>>
>>16632769
You can't find someone's exact address. He also has your actual IP, doesn't matter if you're on your phone but if you have a dynamic IP then you can reset it from your router. Don't download anything he sends you if you don't trust him. He can ddos you now though.
>>
>>16632892
>>16632894
Thank you both. It was mobile cell phone. The tower. I checked the one he got and it showed a city on the other side of the state. I wasn't on wifi. Does that change anything?
>>
>>16632897
You should be fine if it was a cell tower.
>>
>>16632897
Yeah youre fine
>>
>>16632912
>>16632910
Thank you both. I just don't want the cops to knock at my door at 3am because a salty 17 yr said I didn't make him feel safe and threatened him, when I didn't
>>
>>16632914
Lol did you?
>>
>>16632926
I called him a fat faggot after he got pissy because I forgot his bday and didn't get him anything. He said that "the cops found where you live silly" 3 mins after I clicked it. I don't believe him but still
>>
>>16632935
kek. Cops have to issue a warrant against the cell tower to retrieve any vital info as to were you live. Getting a warrant approved takes time and it will take time for the company who owns the cell tower to give up that info. Which could be several weeks. Hes a grade retarded
>>
>>16632947
I called him out and said "you full of shit tubby" and he said "believe what you want". The cops are going to track me. I know it's bs but the trust hurts
>>
>>16632958
track you for what?
>Sir, you're arrested for calling your online friend fat. Read his rights!
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.