[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I lower my standards for women?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (304 KB, 1000x1813) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
304 KB, 1000x1813
How do I lower my standards for women?
>>
What are your standards for women?
>>
>>16632430
To be honest, years of watching anime and a general lack of interest in relationships up until now have raised them too high. Things like their face or personality are all set at a relatively high bar for me. I'm not physically unattractive, but I'd imagine I wouldn't be on the radar for those women who meet MY standards, which is part of the problem. I also consider my personality boring/uninspired, and imagine that might be a problem in trying to find a relationship.
>>
Don't lower your standards because you'll just end up with a bunch of hoes that arnt loyal and you'll end up broke and dead and no one will attend your funeral because your hoes will kill everyone
>>
>>16632423
What are your standards?
>>
>>16632559
>years of watching anime
You don't have high standards, that's an excuse so you don't have to ask girls out. You've been living vicariously and you are being a wimp.
>>
I got married to a Japanese girl who is probably 7/10 or so by Japanese standards, maybe 8/10 depending on the person.

My standards are really high due to 2D like you though to the point that we hardly have sex. I just stick to 2D most of the time. My wife ends up feeling inadequate as a result and is trying to become hotter and even said she'd get implants for me and shit but I feel bad.

It's not even like there's many people out there in the real world I find attractive, mentally or physically (my benchmark for 3D females is cute-looking gravure models and jav actresses so most women in real life seem unattractive to me). But maybe E-sized tits would improve things. I don't really know
>>
>>16632754
this

u couldnt get a girl if u tried
>>
>>16632763
Again

So to OP, have you tried dating outside your country? Would women that actually meet your standards exist?

I have the exact same issue for guy friends as well. I don't have any because they don't seem appealing compared to 2D.
>>
Well isn't your life fantastic. Legally tied to a woman who you don't even find attractive or have sex with. Not OP, but I'd rather be single than live your life.
>>
>>16632774
Meant for >>16632763
>>
>>16632754
What I've found with anime is that the result isn't really having high standards in the conventional sense, it's that you can find a "woman" who appeals so perfectly to you that you end up fixating on her and only looking for a real version of your waifu.

This is going to sounds stupid, but I've actually been actively trying to widen my standards for real women by widening my taste in anime girls and focusing on ones that are more like women I'm likely to be able to attain. (Conditioning myself away from high school-age characters and into ones more like my own age is a big part of that.)
>>
>>16632774
It's not like I would be having sex much eitherways and it's nice to have food on the table when I get home
>>
>>16632785
Your life sounds so miserable. You've got company, but you're still alone.
>>
>>16632788
I thought we were just talking about sexual attraction, not emotional company
>>
>>16632559
> but I'd imagine I wouldn't be on the radar for those women who meet MY standards,

So women you'd like actually exist? You're not that bad off at all then. Just improve yourself until you are good enough to attract them.

Lowering your standards because you're too lazy to improve your skills is silly.

>I also consider my personality boring/uninspired, and imagine that might be a problem in trying to find a relationship.

Don't worry, the most attractive people are usually boring.
>>
>>16632763
What do you like on 2D women that your wife can't offer?

I'd suggest stuff like cosplay and anime-style roleplay or even simple stuff like maybe her starting to shave if she doesn't, or changing her lingerie to something that appeals to you, to her before resorting to a boob job, but maybe you've already tried that.

I'm an anti-boob job guy, though, I think they look shitty 99% of the time and I'm ok with DFC anyway, and I'm also pretty easy to please. (My ex was a pretty good looking girl but usually didn't do all that much for me, but she could make me hard as concrete by shaving smooth or wearing the right panties for me, sadly she almost never did either one of those.)
>>
>>16632830
Those are good suggestions, I should probably communicate what I want her to do more instead of just passively waiting.

Will hold off on the boob job for now
>>
>>16632855
Oh, a couple more possible suggestions.

Start fapping to 2D that reminds you of her.

And, this one is fucked up and kind of sad, but there's always the "think about your waifu while having sex with your wife" thing, which I'm ashamed to admit I have done in my life.
>>
File: jiachong.jpg (136 KB, 614x834) Image search: [Google]
jiachong.jpg
136 KB, 614x834
I get you OP. I've been amassing husbandos for sometime. There's no real man who could ever compete with Jia Chong.

I used to laugh at men who'd grow accustomed to 2D or fictional characters but now I'm actually starting to experience it.

Luckily that affords me the opportunity to reflect on why. Someone mentioned here that you were using standards as an excuse. Are you? Do you like 2D because you're afraid of the problems inherent with real people? Like abuse, rejection, infidelity, etc. etc.?
>>
you should realize whats the dating pool around you and analyze what you can get it.

relative to 2d, i extremely doubt when youll never meet someone who is
>attractive
>proportionally perfect (BWH)
>instantly submissive/interested to you
if you realize that faster AND desperate to date im pretty sure youll lower your standards

HOWEVER ive seen some 8/10 above and above cosplayers/women interested in anime in california. so if you live in any major city you should have some luck
>>
>>16632871
I'm not OP, but I definitely fixate on 2D girls largely as a result of my interactions with real ones.

My waifu in particular is the direct result of my last relationship. Two days after a huge and extremely sad breakup, an episode of my waifu's show aired in which she went through something shockingly similar, and I'm only realizing years later that I think I love her so much because I empathized with her and transferred some of the feelings I'd had for the real woman I'd just lost onto her.
>>
I've already dated a girl who roleplayed anime girls most of the time and honestly...

this shit get annoying as hell after a while, having a girl with a high pitched voice who acts like a 5 year old autistic girl is not something that you might want in a committed relationship

i bet your best try is stop watching that garbage and let it go out of your mind naturally, then you can have normal standards again and find a girl who will be perfect to you the way she is.
>>
How do you guys meet new people at all?
I only ever go out to things with the same friends
>>
>>16632978
out of college youre practically fucked and will have to resort to tinder/clubbing/concerts
>>
File: image.jpg (167 KB, 752x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
167 KB, 752x1024
>>16632772
>>16632824
Yep, it's not like I'm ONLY attracted to 2D. Pic related is obviously an outlier, but yeah.
>personality
How should I try to improve my personality/not be boring?

>>16632871
>excuse
Not really. I don't have a problem with rejection, and I want to believe I'm clearheaded enough to be able to break off a relationship if it became abusive. Infidelity IS a thought that haunts me sometimes but it's not the reason for my like of 2D.

Thanks for responses from everyone else as well.
>>
>>16632945
Ugh, I know all about this shit.

My ex is a professional cosplayer, and you'd never know it from looking at her pictures and videos, but she's basically Umaru or something. (Which, incidentally, is why I fucking hate Umaru.)

She used to love being treated like a cat and petted and stuff, and she'd start meowing and shit. It was cute for like 5 minutes and then annoying as hell when she'd be a giant bitch to me all day and then suddenly come to me expecting affection.

I'd be ok with a girl who acts like one of those lewd, sexy anime girls in bedroom situations though, just not some moeblob bullshit.
>>
>>16632988
Well shit
>>
>>16632978
Internet, Japanese internet
>>
>>16633010
I had a girl into me that'd meow and shit all the time but she was fat and not cute at all. That would be annoying even from a cute girl. They'd have to be very sexy for me to put up with that.

(I have an umaru kigurumi which I wear at home and don't want any girl invading my territory)
>>
>>16633001
>How should I try to improve my personality/not be boring?

Think of people/characters you like and try to be like them
Think of people/characters you find boring and do the opposite of them
>>
>>16633001
>Pic related is obviously an outlier
If this is "obviously an outlier" that's just testament to the lack of effort the average person puts in

Any slim girl with a nice face can look like that
>>
>>16632430
let's say i live in america and my one standard is that they aren't disgusting obese lards

how fucked am I
>>
Pay.

Dude.

Just fucking pay. Or spit the fucking nicest compliments at her face until either she hits you or her legs open up. Worst case scenario, you might get a little fucked up, best case scenario free sex, everybody wins.
>>
>>16633325
Aren't there an equal number of fat women and fat men? If that's so then they should pair with each other and the rest of the population should be unaffected right?
>>
>>16632423
Instead of looking for what's wrong with a woman, look for something that's right. I have a friend who can find something beautiful in literally ANY woman.

Ofcourse he's a fucking slut so that might be part of his problem...
>>
>>16632988
>clubbing
It's called a blackjack and we have better alternatives today.
>>
>>16632423

Learn to appreciate the female form and the quirks that come with it

I used to have high standards, then I learnt that variety is the spice of life. And trying lots of things and trying to bang lots of different girls of different shapes and sizes is fun as fuck

Just dont date ugly and fat girls. Thats all you gotta remember. Everyone else is fair game
>>
>>16632763
>/jp/ in a nutshell
>>
>>16632871
>I've been amassing husbandos for sometime. There's no real man who could ever compete with Jia Chong.
I'll never understand the thought process behind loving a fictional character.
>>
>>16633709
That's because there isn't one.
>>
>>16633726
pretty much this.

You can try to analyze it but it's not really any more logical than the thought process behind loving a real person.
>>
You don't. Have the best or be alone, there is no settling
>>
>>16633709
What's the thought process behind loving a real person?
>>
>>16635214
This in a way. If you look at it as "lowering your standards" you're already coming into it with a totally fucked mindset, you'll end up hurting her and be back at square one, alone. You don't need to lower you standards, you need to recognise how more girls meet or exceed your standards.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.