[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
for love to come into your life, do you: have to search for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 1446743096918.jpg (62 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1446743096918.jpg
62 KB, 500x500
for love to come into your life, do you:

have to search for it and make it happen?

or

let it come to you?
>>
>>16632169
You should know by now that love is just a short drive away in Flavortown.
>>
>>16632171

>not falling in love every few years
>>
>>16632175

>falling

therein lies my question

is it something you "fall" into?

or is it something you have to look for, say "this is going to happen," and make it a reality?
>>
>>16632169
it's a bit of both.

You do the things you like. Go to concerts that you genuinely want to go to. you suddenly bump shoulders with a girl. TAKE A CHANCE!
>>
>>16632169
Both until one of them happens.
>>
>>16632185
>>16632187

say you've met a girl already, doing something you really enjoy.

you even hang out a lot doing said enjoyable activity, and start dating.

you get along, and are nice to each other, make plans with each other, meet each other's parents, spend holidays together, meet each other's friends, etc. etc. etc...

does love come from actively MAKING those efforts? or are you supposed to make those efforts only after you feel something building that you didn't expect?
>>
>>16632169
I've had 2 girls fall in love with me at first sight.

I'm also a fine Aryan Southern gentleman.
>>
>>16632196
Honestly, who are any of us to judge what love should be?

My acts of love come from exerting effort to comforting my girl. I could care if she noticed or not, as long as she's more comfortable as a result. I just want to do it.

Again, i believe it's a bit of both. You build "something" up with time and effort because you want to do it. But one thing i'm curious is on the second part of your question is, what are your expectations and limits? the highest limit being marriage, of course
>>
>>16632229

I'm 25 right now. about to get into a very well paying job (well, better paying than any job I've ever had, making about 3-4 times as much as right now, and about to be really financially stable).

I already did the "dating just to date" thing. also spent my time in college looking around, picking up random chicks, flirting at parties, etc. met my fair share, slept with enough to get it out of my system, and now I'm looking for something more serious. at 25, 30 feels like it's not that far away, and with so much stability on the horizon I'm looking at finding a girl that I would be comfortable buying a house with, having kinds, etc. really moving things forward.

I guess those are my expectations. If I'm already with a girl, been with her for a year, and still can't seem to convince myself she's the one despite putting in a lot of effort to see her that way, should I move on? am I wasting time?

I never really "fell" in love with her, mostly spent the past year working to convince myself that this was the right thing to do because she was such a sweet girl to me and treated me well, despite lacking that "spark" that i've definitely felt before.
>>
>>16632185
I've been doing this for more than ten years and it's only worked once.
>>
>>16632280

OP here, this is my other concern.

I've already had the "once," and I feel like expecting it to happen again is almost a fantasy

although, the other part of me says "if it happened once, it can happen again"

I'm not a complete social retard, as I posted above, but I feel like chances are so slim on meeting someone special again and my time is kinda running out, in a way.
>>
>>16632307
Guy you replied to here again.

Fuckin A, I know exactly how you feel. Like I had my chance and I'm crazy to expect another one, and I'm getting close to the point where the only women I'll be able to even consider dating still feel like they're my mom's age to me.
>>
True love finds you in the end
This is a promise with a catch
Only if you're looking will it find you
‘Cause true love is searching too
But how can it recognize you
Unless you step out into the light?
But don’t give up until
True love finds you in the end.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.