[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Floundering badly, what do?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
So i am 20 years old, going on 21 in may and i have not moved a single inch since high school.

I still don't have my drivers license because i cant afford the test and i cant get a ride into town to go sign up in the first place. I live with my mom still, im NEET. we have no income right now and i grew up in serious poverty. Ive tried job hunting but i live in a tar pit of a town of like 1000 people where most are on food stamps. Its hard to actually have any hope for my future. I have no help what so ever, most people my age have had help financially but i am left completely to figure it out on my own and i feel like ill be stuck forever. I cant find a job at all, even if i do i should be building things for a future. if i dont do something fast i will be doomed to be a retail clerk well into old age.

I also want to go to college but i just cant afford it, the loans, transportation to get there, etc etc. plus i dont even know who i am or what any of my interests are i have no idea what i want to do.

Its seriously starting to wither at my sanity, already had a mental breakdown in may over it.
I want to live comfortably and i want to make something of myself but i feel as if the system is rigged. either that or i have become self aware. I live in squalor, in a dirty trailer with my mom who is a hoarder.

Military also isnt an option for me. and im stressed out. ive made no progress.

How the hell do i beat poverty and get out of this white trash town. i dont want my life to be like this forever.

what the hell should i do?, i feel like there is a road block at every turn.
>>
>>16631884

The military is probably a good option for you.

>Military also isnt an option for me. and im stressed out. ive made no progress.

Oh, why?

What's the closest city to you? How far?

How much money do you have right now, exactly?

Do you actually live on foodstamps?

Any other family?
>>
You really are pretty fucked, but there ARE things to do.

Anyway, there are a bunch of actually legit only work companies - one I know of is called "Lionbridge". Basically, you look at google search results and determine how closely they match what a human expects. Google outsources to them. It's shit work and you actually work, and it average to about $5 an hour, but you might want to seriously consider it for your first $1000 to make a move.

There used to also be text services, one was called "KGB" or something, basically you would Wikipedia shit for people. I have no idea what morons used it, but my friend worked there. It might be out of business for now.

You need to apply to every single one of these places as a first step. Like tomorrow.
>>
File: I_AM_CONCERNED.jpg (410 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
I_AM_CONCERNED.jpg
410 KB, 1920x1080
>>16631901
I have a slight record, and i have a history of depression.

Closest major city to me is grand rapdis, which is about 45 minutes to an hour away by car.

I have no money, bank account is empty

All of our food comes from food stamps right now. other than that we are completely without income. my mom likes to burn her own bridges a lot, and its affected me shes not malicious but she also is affraid of going outside or going anywhere at all in the winter, she just wont do it. only people keeping the lights on and rent paid is my grandma, and my moms boyfriend.

My dad is out of the picture, he hates me. so asking him for help is out of the question.

I just feel lost on what to do.
Im scared that if i go to college ill flunk out and ill be surrounded by spoiled kids who no nothing about what struggle is. surrounded by entitled liberalsa and do nothing be nothing but in debt.

But i also know that if i try to get a retail job ill be stuck there a long time and be miserable.

But i cant even get a retail job right now, i have a two going on three year employment gap. and i basically feel like human filth. i feel ashamed to be around anyone because im just such a fucking autistic loser.

everyone tells me is just lack of willpower but ive applied at even the shittiest jobs and not even gotten a single call.

i cant take this anymore, i cant live another year in this trailer park. this life isnt for me. i wish i was middle class
>>
Is there any possible chance that you could live with someone else, in a different part of your state or different state entirely? Do you have any savings at all?
>>
>>16631931
I have no savings what so ever.
I have like 16 cents in my savings account. nothing in checkings.

I might be able to live with my grandma but she only lives a few houses down from me.

and i dont want to ask anyone else because i feel like its a weird thing to ask
>>
>>16631884
Hi op , I had a situation just like yours , a long time ago , first of all , if you can't get money and have no way of supporting yourself , I recomend job corps it's a free program for kids ages 18 to 27 to learn a trade or job skill then you can choose to go to tcu the transportation union , or make way with what you learned there , they help you find a place and assist you some even find interships and apprenticeships , I went there but decided I wanted to join the military, pro tip don't join the military.
>>
>>16631926
Pentwater is a lot different than Lansing. Can you be a bit more specific?
>>
>>16631946
I live in montcalm county

if that is specific enough
>>
>>16631933
>>16631926

How was your GPA? Also, has the military straight up rejected you?

My guess is that you haven't talked to a recruiter.

"Slight record" being what, like possession or something? They might let it slide if you take some shit job, recruitment numbers are slightly down again now that the big army isn't doing shit.

>>16631937

What MOS? Why the regret (other than the typical reasons). How far in?

I don't think he has a fucking choice.
>>
>>16631933
Well you've really shot yourself in the foot here, you didn't have a job or make any money in the 3 years since graduating high school? I feel like you're not telling the full story here dude. What the hell have you been doing with your time?

And absolutely nothing is "out of the question". If your situation is truly as bad as you make it seem, you will do absolutely fucking anything to make it out. Even if asking for help seems weird or awkward, we all have to do that shit at some point in our lives, and you'll have to suck it up if you want to make progress.
>>
>>16631960

>Well you've really shot yourself in the foot here, you didn't have a job or make any money in the 3 years since graduating high school? I feel like you're not telling the full story here dude. What the hell have you been doing with your time?

That's the problem with kids from shit families though - they really don't know what they should be doing because they are surrounded by morons.

"Well, they should have found out on their own." Year, like you should have found out to invest like Buffet and been a millionaire by now.

>And absolutely nothing is "out of the question". If your situation is truly as bad as you make it seem, you will do absolutely fucking anything to make it out. Even if asking for help seems weird or awkward, we all have to do that shit at some point in our lives, and you'll have to suck it up if you want to make progress.

I agree with this, but I don't think anyone will let him stay with them unless he starts sucking dick or something.
>>
>>16631956
My high school gpa was terrible. like a 1.something. i fucked myself. i could have done better if i had applied myself.

assault and battery, but i was 14 years old. and im not sure if it still counts.

>>16631960
>>16631960
I did work a job after high school. for three months, as just seasonal work at a department store. but i was unable to save any of the money i got. because all of it went into living expenses and gas money to get me there.
>>
>>16631884
Towns like that illegal drugs are rampant find your local dealer gain his trust explain to him you have a business proposition for him, get him to front you a couple hundred bucks worth of product resell it for a profit save profits until you can purchase product of your own for less money at higher profits, that's all ive got for you honestly man I mean there is a chance your going to prison but most likely probation would be the extent of it for first offender
>>
>>16631953
How much do you weigh, and do you have access to a bicycle?
>>
>>16631974

>assault and battery, but i was 14 years old. and im not sure if it still counts.

Not sure, just talk to a fucking recruiter. You lose nothing.

Anyway, as far as college is concerned - I don't know how you are considering it as an option to bee honest. Maybe if you had a full ride or something, but as it stands, I don't see it happening (at this point in time). I am not saying this to troll, I am just saying that as far as I am concerned, it's not a legitimate option for you unless you are neglecting to tell us something.

Btw, seems like there is some really good guys in this thread right now, take what you can from it. You HAVE to go and fucking do these things tomorrow though, don't just assume they aren't options.
>>
>>16631974
>assault and battery, but i was 14 years old. and im not sure if it still counts.
It doesn't count lol you idiot. Juvenile records are sealed when you hit 18.
>>
>>16631986
I weigh 200 pounds (im tall so im not obese looking)

and not right now but i could try to trade someone around here something for a modest bike.

why?

>>16631978
I know i could make a few hundred dollars if i could get an ounce of weed for 200, flip it and make 400 something off it.

i could see about fronting a whole ounce but thats a lot of weed. its worth a shot i could front an ounce, resell it. make 400, give him his 200 for it. keep 200 buy another ounce. then start making profits.

but i am still working on my dealer for that.
id only want to do this as a very last resort, because the cops around here are bored and always try to bust people that are just walking around outside.

but its worth getting into.
im actually looking at selling my PC for a few hundred. but no one really wants to buy it, and im not going to take it to a pawn shop to get ripped off.
>>
>>16631974
juvenile records are sealed, do not, I REPEAT DO NOT EVER tell them and they will have no way of ever knowing.

Same thing goes for your history of depression, as long as you aren't on any meds right now they only know what you tell them. Almost everyone lies about their medical history to get into the military, if you had asthma as a kid you can't get in even if you haven't had symptoms for years and can run just fine. So you lie.
>>
>>16632006
Don't just walk around bro, hang around at your moms hoard, establish a client base have them come to you, is your trailer in a trailer park?
>>
>>16632006
I know things seem hopeless right now but if you're going to go into selling drugs you need to go in with the mindset that its only a matter of time until you get caught, because it is. Once you've got a felony conviction on your record your life is basically done, just fucking end it there.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-01-01-23-58-35.png (295 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-01-23-58-35.png
295 KB, 1080x1920
>>16632006
Since you're not doing anything a 3.5 hour bike ride each way to sell blood plasma is feasible in the summer. Leave at sunrise and you should be back home by dark.
>>
File: CBxfDYzUEAE-Nao.jpg (32 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
CBxfDYzUEAE-Nao.jpg
32 KB, 600x450
>>16632022
well im sure i would be kicked out if i was selling weed out of my moms place. and yes... i am in a trailer park. funny thing is things werent always like this. used to be affluent as a young child but lol bankruptchy and foreclosure landed us here for the last 14 years.
>>16632031
Ive flipped an ounce in the past when things got really tough. i feel like such a degenerate when i do that though. but i never got busted. only really sold to people i knew. and didnt carry anything more than what i was going to deliver. and i never fronted product.

would do again if i could get an ounce. just as somthing to do to make some fast money in a pinch to get my license and maybe a cheap ride.

>>16632042
awesome, thanks for the info i will for sure look into selling plasma.
>>
>>16632042

<3, no homo

Drink your fluids and don't touch the crackheads at the donation center.
>>
In my state trafficking weed under 8oz is a misdemeanor where are you?
>>
>>16632066
Michigan.

its decriminalized in certain areas.

im not entirely sure what the law is but i think posetion under a certain amount is just probation.

i dont know what it would be with intent to distribute though
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r88QkJZ2Dk8
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.