[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dude.... help. I'm falling too fast and too hard. I met
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: mockingbird.jpg (133 KB, 499x600) Image search: [Google]
mockingbird.jpg
133 KB, 499x600
Dude.... help. I'm falling too fast and too hard.

I met my best friend's brother, Matt, 3 weeks ago at a party; he's just moved to the city. We hit off immediately, he asked me out, and the night ended with us making out in the coat closet like middleschoolers. We've gone out about 6 times since then- and stayed up until 5am watching stupid videos and laughing and having sex.

He's really weird, pudgy and hairy; super smart... fun, and funny. We do the Carlton dance in public, we have conversations ranging from deep to absurdly silly... He's the whole package. And I've been falling hard and fast. He texts me everyday, but I still somehow get the feeling I like him more than he likes me. How do I put the brakes on my shit?? Or DOES he like me to the same degree, and I'm just being an insecure nutjob? I don't want to make this go too fast or get clingy and... I don't know how to get this shit in check.
>>
>>16631456
let it be man love is a fast car live it fully vrum vrum
>>
>>16631472
haha I'm normally all for jumping in feet first, and letting it ride- but for some reason I'm filled with anxiety about this. I just need to chill, let it happen... and hope we're equally into each other.
>>
You should start acting really cold towards him, and flirt with another man, to prove to him that you're not just his lap-dog. Men love that
>>
>>16631496
haha, I know you're not even serious, but people really do shit like this. I'm not one for weird power/mind games, never have been.
>>
>>16631510

I know, I'm just joking. My point is, don't stress out over a good thing, because all you'll do is mess it up. It sounds like it's going great, just roll with it. Keep things going exactly like they are. Don't make a big confession of feelings, or start talking about commitment at the 3-week mark, and don't blow up his phone all day long if he's doing other shit. But you know that.

Other than that, don't worry about being "clingy." Maybe he won't catch feelings the same way you have, but maybe he will and it'll be awesome. You'll never know unless you take a chance.
>>
Fall hard so it crushes your bones it kills you in an instant, or the alternative, which is it still crushes your bones but your alive. Either way OP is getting more action than any of us amirite
>>
>Having sex before falling in love.

Fucking disgusting.
>>
>>16631534
yeah, normally I have no problem being the one to text first, but BECAUSE I like him so much, and I don't trust my own judgement at this point, I never initiate convos.

I guess my other question is- based on the above information, is there a good chance he's just as head over heels as I am?
>>
>>16631555

I don't know the guy, so I don't know if he's gonna turn out to be some kind of asshole. But unless he's deliberately lying and leading you on, then at the very least, he likes you a whole lot
>>
>>16631541
If I feel comfortable and have a connection with someone, I have no problem with it. I don't like specific rules/timeframes for that kinda stuff; that's when you get into arbitrary ridiculousness.

>On the third date, THIS should happen. If he hasn't spent at least X amount by date number 5, then you should do blah blah blah.

This is actually the first time it's happened with someone so fast, but even if it wasn't... I'd reserve "fucking disgusting" for someone being used or hurting another person.
>>
>>16631571
thanks for all the advice/reassurance. I think I've just gotten into my own head too much over this situation.

Hopefully it'll all pass, and I can just enjoy the ride.
>>
>>16631537
haha, every dog has his day;
>>
>>16631583

It's not going to "pass," lol, this is pretty much what it feels like when you actually care. But you're right that you're a little too much in your head. Just be real and try not to over-think your impulses. If you want to text him, text him. If he's busy, he'll probably let you know. It only gets annoying if you won't take no for an answer
>>
>>16631541
how so?
>>
>>16631646
Well I always care, but typically whoever I'm seeing is so obviously into me, there's no denying it. Or the feelings build slower than this, and the anxiety is much lower. Thanks Anon
>>
>>16631675
likely just trolling
>>
>>16631456
>stayed up until 5am watching stupid videos and laughing and having sex.
I don't want to overdramatize this, because I'd seem unbelievably desperate and needy, but this seems like whole lotta fun. They say heaven is great, what do they have there that is so great? Sitting on a cloud all day with a bunch of boring angels, come on. When being that bored, it's almost like hell again.
>>
>>16631718
haha, I wholeheartedly agree- I haven't had an experience like this in a really long time. It reminds me of times you spend with a best friend where you spend the whole time doing nothing and laughing like crazy people.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.