[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does it take to be loved? What does it take to be something
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: diagrammi.jpg (85 KB, 400x608) Image search: [Google]
diagrammi.jpg
85 KB, 400x608
What does it take to be loved?

What does it take to be something people want to be around and touch?
>>
You need to master the art of being a brownnose. Sounds gay? Well, there's sadly no alternative, unless you're god fucking rich. Then you could even be a fucking asshole, nobody would care, as long as they get their fair share of the cake. I assume you're neither ridiculously rich or Brad Pitt-tier good-looking and charismatic. I advise you to begin with "Dale Carnegie - How to win friends and influence people"; his "rules" are a fairly good summary of the basic etiquette rules to begin with. Once you know the rules of the game, you got to practice. Try different things and watch how people react. Remember what triggers positive/negative reactions, and utilize that.
>>
>>16631377
>brownnose
So gossip?

I think I've seen that book around, I need to find it.
>>
>>16631363
>What does it take to be something people want to be around and touch?
Trial and error. And I'm not sure which of the two is more important.
>>
>>16631432
So just keep getting rejected and left by more and more people until I figure out what I do wrong?
>>
>>16631395
We could choose a less negative term like "courteous", but in the end it doesn't matter. It all comes down to one basic rule: understand people, understand what makes them feel good, and MAKE them feel good. A wise man once said: people don't remember what you do, or what you say. They only remember how you made them feel. If you treat people like kings, they cannot help themselves, but do the same to you. It's called reciprocity. This tendency is deeply anchored in our genes.
>>
>>16631363
If you're a male you need:
>Be alpha
>Be fit
>Have a good job
>Have money

If you're a female:
>Exist
>Don't be fat (optional)
>>
>>16631448
I think it was Maya Angelou. Or I remember reading that quote worded differently, but attributed to her.

But if you act too nicely to people, they'll just walk all over you.
>>
>>16631444>>16631444
>So just keep getting rejected and left by more and more people until I figure out what I do wrong?
That's only part of it. The other part is having the courage to continue approaching people even when other people have rejected or left toy. People like that kind of courage.
>>
>>16631484
The fact that the thought of having to do that is making me literally cry is probably one of of the major reasons why I'm single.
>>
>>16631471
You shouldn't act too nicely, of course. The art is to behave politely but firmly. You should be courteous and respectful, but acting in your own interest, chasing your own goals, confidently. That's a fine line.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
1) read more drama art books
2) learn how to pair cheeses/wine
3)eat pussy
>>
>>16631500
I'm gay.

So that's like 2/3?

Most guys don't really seem to care about wines and shit beyond getting me drunk enough to fuck.

What does drama help?
>>
1) read homosexual drama art books
2)learn to pair dick cheese/gay cocktails
3)eat ass
>>
File: bSDbebY.jpg (211 KB, 900x713) Image search: [Google]
bSDbebY.jpg
211 KB, 900x713
>>16631363
you have to become a bad boy because women want the challenge of turning you into a nice guy.
>>
>>16631519
men don't really care about that stuff.
>>
File: tavittua.gif (726 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
tavittua.gif
726 KB, 300x168
>>16631507
>getting me drunk enough to fuck
>>
>>16631554
well if you are a women then learn to be feminine and don't be fat. that is all it really takes for men to see you as welcoming and to approach you.
>>
>>16631601
I'm a guy, feminine and not fat.

I get approached, and if I say yes, I get fucked and dumped immediately after.
>>
>>16631613
well sucks for you bro because the gay community is promiscuous as fuck. you are going to have a hard time finding a guy who wants to settle down.
>>
>>16631640
I don't want to settle down, I just want someone to sleep next to and feel warm and safe and loved and listen to the rain outside and the pulse of his heart beating.

Why do they call that shit gay when gay guys won't do it.

Why can't I just love women. They're nice and they're safe.
>>
File: tfw_mickey.jpg (6 KB, 191x160) Image search: [Google]
tfw_mickey.jpg
6 KB, 191x160
>>16631667
>Why do they call that shit gay when gay guys won't do it.
shit man get back to /r9k/ you're breaking my heart.
>>
This is so fucking cliché, but i'll say it anyway, just be yourself, yeah, it's easy to say it but it's harder than you think, ppl is assaulted with so many thing (information, advertising, false expectations) everyday that it's hard to be yourself, most of the time you act based on a false expectation that something inoculated in your mind at some point. So work on yourself before working on other, and always respect yourself.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.