[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are you Murricans big on Whatsapp? Got me a question about it.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 10.jpg (83 KB, 1024x795) Image search: [Google]
10.jpg
83 KB, 1024x795
Are you Murricans big on Whatsapp? Got me a question about it.

>texting girl over that app
>takes a long-ass time to respond
>last seen time remains unchanged, meaning that she hasn't opened the app since then
>blue ticks pop up, meaning that she did open the app and read the message
>last seen time still remains unchanged
>still no response
It's been about half a dozen hours since I sent the message, and about an hour and a half since she supposedly read the message. What's the logic here? Did the server glitch, or is she cheating the system and ignoring me?

My self-esteem is in a shit place already, and having to add paranoia on top of it is not a good idea at all.
>>
>>16631122
I do this to girls, girls do this to me.

Sometimes I just don't respond, especially when it's a girl and there's interest. The worst possible thing you can do these days is to make yourself seem needy or vulnerable. If you hug every message she sends and immediately reply, it looks like she's a huge priority for you.

This is a turn off, girls hate this shit if you're not already in a relationship with them. They HATE it.

So do whatever you possibly can to come off nonchalant and vaguely disinterested. This includes not worrying about every text. Like wait a few day or three before even thinking about worrying.
>>
She didn't reply
>>
>>16631135
This isn't a generic texting question.
I'm not worrying too much about the lack of response. She probably hates my guts anyway, so the last thing I'd try to be towards her is needy.

It's the app that I'm wondering about. I was just curious how the greentext in the OP is possible. I don't see it happen with other contacts, so that would rule out a glitch. Yet if there was a way to cheat the system, it'd be better known in google searches and such. Besides, why would you cover it up anyway? I don't get it.
>>
What caused the blue ticks without changing "last seen" is because she read it in airplane mode. Before it used to show up as still unread, but the app changed something that made this trick worthless since the past updates.
I only do this to guys I'm not interested in, and I think this is the standard practice. Sorry, anon.
>>
>mfw I'm 31 and single
>mfw I don't understand texting and dating
>mfw I'm bad enough at the antique way of approaching women

Ugh. It's like whatever you do or don't do, is sending out 28 signals that will ultimately be interpreted the wrong way.

Fuck this shit.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.