[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So i'm renting a room and noticed that one of the bedboards
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 460x276
So i'm renting a room and noticed that one of the bedboards (this thingies you put a mattress on) is broken. Idk if it's my doing or previous tenant's

am i fucked? Will my landlord tell me to pay for it or take my deposit? What do
>>
>>16630919
If it's not on the inventory / checklist at the start, then you've done it (even if you haven't)

They won't take the whole deposit but they may make you pay for it.
I'd just measure it up and get a new plank cut and fit it yourself. Simple
>>
>>16630932
I can't bc I'm a girl and have no tolls here. Do I tell them?
>>
I'm amazed you even got furniture.

You should tell your landlord right away. Waiting does not help you in any way. If you're asked to pay for repairs then you'll have to accept that as an idiot tax. The next time you rent, inspect EVERYTHING.
>>
>>16630940
I'm scared to tell them though... i only discovered it by an accident, because something got under the bed
>>
>>16630956
You're going to have a miserable adulthood if you're scared to address problems as minor as a broken piece of wood.
>>
>>16630959
I know but i can't help it. I'm scared of consequences :( i don't have much money
>>
>>16631023
Why are you bumping? Talk to your landlord or repair it yourself. Time to start to be an adult for once in your life.
>>
>>16631052
I just don't know if I should tell him or pretend i didn't see it
>>
>>16631067
Holy shit grow the fuck up. When you move out he'll inspect the room, and if he finds that it's broken you will be held responsible. You can't blame the tenant before you because for all he knows you're lying and didn't make him aware of the problem before settling in. Either way you're going to pay for it.

Adults don't bury their heads in the sand and hope problems go away.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.