[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone ever even actually like exercise or is it just a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4
File: be better.jpg (139 KB, 540x810) Image search: [Google]
be better.jpg
139 KB, 540x810
Does anyone ever even actually like exercise or is it just a scam? Some sort of a running joke?

It just feels like some sort of a weird fucking prank, everyone snorting battery acid and insisting it feels good and that there's something wrong with me for not trying it.

The thing is, I HAVE tried it and I fucking hated every single minute of it and I still look back to that year and hate myself for wasting all that time and money on that stupid fucking nonsense.

Why the fuck should I bother?
>>
File: 1437880257629.jpg (101 KB, 568x960) Image search: [Google]
1437880257629.jpg
101 KB, 568x960
>>16630866

I have worked out literally all my life. At no point did I actually enjoy working out. I think everyone who claims to enjoy is full of shit - it's the same thing where people make their life out to be exciting to seem important/fulfilled.

I don't hate it, I just go and do it, but I don't enjoy it. Tournaments are different, but that's not what most people are talking about.
>>
>>16630866
>wasting all that time and money on that stupid fucking nonsense.
You sound like a jackass, a gym membership isn't expensive. Just fucking jog and lift weights. How is that a waste of time?
>>
>>16630866
>running joke
Good pun

And no, exercise is good. I'm not one for cardio (that I don't really understand), but going to the gym allows you to blow off some steam (pushing your muscles to the limit is as therapeutic for some as punching walls is for others)... And you look better
Also a good reason to get out of the house
>>
Yes! You really do have to find something that you like doing, though. Admittedly, the first 2 weeks suck balls if you're starting from scratch since your body is so unused to moving, but once you develop some base strength/endurance, it does become fun. I also highly recommend making a kickass playlist - it helps when you get lost in the music and you just enter this exercise mode where you just focus on the music and moving your body and it feels amazing.

What exactly did you do?
>>
>>16630886
Well, if I spend an hour at the gym, I have wasted an hour of my life. An hour and a half, if you include walking there and back.
>>
>>16630898
Went to a gym and lifted weights for an hour. Put the weights back and went home.
>>
Obvious troll thread
Op is a fat ass
I workout everyday and sell protein powder on instagram.

pic related
>>
>>16630955
I'm not fat. I know how to ration my eating enough to not gain weight, and I can mantain a 21 BMI comfortably without needing to do anything further.
>>
>>16630906

That's like saying I waste 9 hrs of my life when I go to work. It's not untrue, but it's also a meaningless statement.
>>
>>16630977
Then what's the fucking point??

You don't get paid to go to the gym. Gym doesn't make rent money. Gym eats rent money.
>>
>>16630996

Zzzzzzzzzzzz.
>>
Nobody itt has statet they actually enjoy exercise yet. Anybody? How do i into that?
>>
>>16630866

I'm with you, OP. I went into a health kick earlier this year, and every moment was sheer agony. I had a goal, and I met the goal, but there was not a moment of it that wasn't an awful, painful experience.

I'm not even ridiculously out of shape, working out is just awful, and doesn't give me any of the pleasure people talk about.
>>
File: 1311-pilates-art.jpg (23 KB, 600x479) Image search: [Google]
1311-pilates-art.jpg
23 KB, 600x479
>>16631032
I like pilates
>>
It's an attitude issue
>>
I enjoy bicycle
>>
>>16631089
This.

I understand where you come from OP. But if you keep telling yourself stuff like "I have no time for xyz" then you're just lying. You won't amount to nothing with that attitude. Not in sports, not in life.

Look at me. I have the choice of dicking around on my computer for 4 hours instead of using that time for sports, studying or something else. But after your conclusion the 4 hours sitting on your fat ass are far more valuable than making your life richer on experience.

If you don't like going to the gym, work with your body weight. Plenty of exercises where you don't need anything except your body. No need to commute yourself every day to the gym if you can just do it from home.
>>
>>16631121
But why? What's the point?

Is that where the line of casual sex and a deep, serious relationship lies?

"I was only going to fuck him once but he's got a sixpack so I'm moving in with him."
>>
I really like most athletics, mainly running and swimming. You can just throw yourself at them and it makes no sense to stop. Feels very freeing. However I hate staying in roughly the same place straining myself.

I think for most people, exercise is completely pointless and usually points to sad amounts of self-obsession. I do it 2 or 3 times a week for mental well-being.
>>
>>16630866
I don't really like it but I do it. I run about 15 miles a week. I'd rather do strength training because it'd be less intense and I'd get a better work out in less time. I'll probably switch it up this year instead of increasing my distance.

Most days I have to push myself to go run but once I get started and through the first mile it's not so bad actually. My main motivation for running is heart related. I don't really do it to lose weight because I already have a pretty good diet. I'm 5'11" 150lbs. So in my case I'm looking at the big picture and the return I'll get later on down the road like heart disease and what not. I'm glad I started pushing myself to run now and gotten over the hump of actually doing it consistently.

Plus as you get older it's harder to stay skinny unless you are active through either working out or your job. But hey working out isn't for everyone.
>>
>>16631131
Why not doing it for yourself?

Do you feel like you can defend yourself against other people? Have the strength to help out somebody transport heavy stuff? You have to help yourself in the first place. It's not about girls.

Man, look. Have some imagination. Activities don't have to make you only physically stronger but also help you to share some common interest with other people. Fuck, I hate gym, it's boring af. I am regularly play soccer. Not only am I fit but I know quite a lot of people through the people I've met there. Everything just follows from here.. Anon don't be too shy to improve your life. If shit would be easy everyone could be Lionel Messi. But it also doesn't have to suck either.
>>
>>16631181
What the fuck would that help? If you get attacked - for real, in real life - nobody's going to do it on fair ground. If it's three guys against one and one of them has a gun, it doesn't matter if you lift or not. You're getting a knife in your throat or a dick in your mouth.

Why the fuck would I even WANT to know people who enjoy doing boring pointless shit for hours at a time for nothing in return?
>>
No, lifting sucks. Nobody likes picking up some heavy ass metal for hours, surrounded by strangers. But I like the results. I like seeing my body change- my muscles grow and my strength increase. I like knowing I can defend myself. I like knowing that I, as a man, can stand my ground. I like knowing that I'm improving my health, and that I'll live a longer and more enjoyable life. I'll be able to see my kids grow old.

The real issue here is that you're just a lazy person. You make silly excuses like it doesn't pay rent. But it pays off in health benefits. You say people don't fight on fair ground, but at least I'm a harder target than you. Simply put, you're not gonna make it. Sorry if that sounds harsh, but it's the truth. Not everything in life is supposed to be enjoyable. Grow up.
>>
I love to swim, go for long walks and bike rides. I also enjoy lifting weights. Yes, I actually enjoy picking heavy things up and putting them back down. At the end of my workout all stress is gone and I feel like I'm walking on air.

Try walking. Pick a 10,000 step program and try to stick with it for 90 days.
>>
>>16631203
I'm short. The only thing bodybuilding would ever make me look like would be comically insecure.
>>
>>16631214
I do walk. Walking isn't exercise.
>>
>>16631187
Just watching you setting up some weird scenarios to just try to disprove my point is pathetic.

Honestly I don't even bother anymore arguing with you because you repeat your BS thinking you are smart without providing any real arguments or viewpoints.
>>
>>16631216
Your sense of value is rooted in the perception of others. So the conversation starts there.

There are obviously huge benefits- like health improvement and preventative measures which will save huge money in healthcare, but your infantile mind can't see beyond your own insecurities. You are mentally weak and timid. You're not gonna make it.
>>
>>16631230
I live in one of those free health care countries, and considering I'm literally incapable of having children, the treatments of my dying ass will eventually be paid by the tax money of complete strangers.

Postponing death is a con, not a pro.
>>
>>16631228
but it made perfect sense. exercising can barely control how much you defend yourself in a drastic scenario. he proved to you that it's a worthless insurance.
>>
>>16630884
>go to gym
>on stationary bike
>guy behind me is doing curls
>facing the mirror
>"I like what I see" with every rep
He sure seemed like he hated being there.

>>16630887
Have you seen a professional concerning your anger issues?

>>16630906
Run there and back and you'll only be wasting an hour and 10 minutes.

>>16631216
Picking up a barbell doesn't give you 28" biceps. You'd need to powerlift and diet properly for at least three years to look anything near comical.
>>
>>16631245
Whatever dude. Given that line of thinking, I don't understand why you don't just kill yourself. But do what you want.
>>
>>16630866
I really like playing squash. Squash is exercise. I play 4 times a week because it made me fit as fuck while having fun. I also do squash specific gym work which I like because it makes me play better squash. I feel amazing after playing squash even though I'm sore.

Some people like the felling of being fit. I used to be fat so I feel like I can fly now that I'm fit. Normal gym work is boring to me but some people do actually enjoy it. If you had a sport you liked then you would also like exercise.

Also skinny does not equal healthy.
>>
>>16630866
Well exercising releases endorphins which make you happy.
>>
>>16631279
It's just a placebo effect. I see no joy in tedious work in which I get nothing in return, that can't make me happy at the end.
>>
>>16631255
>run
this is going to sound a lot like muh cundishuns but I actually do legit have bad knees. I can always feel them going wrong when I have to run, and I don't want to get to that point when I actually get one dislocated.

>>16631258
>kill yourself
It's funny how easy it is to recognise a person who's never actually sat down and seriously thought about offing yourself. It's not that easy.

How do you know what will kill you, quick easy and risk-free? Drinking the rat poison or dosing painkillers is going to be slow and painful, hanging yourself (if you even have some place to tie the fucking rope) might not snap your neck, you could suffocate slowly and painfully. Getting hit by a car or a train might do it, but you'd send some poor driver into years of therapy.

Even if you ignore the thoughts and feelings of your family and friends, it's really not that easy.
>>
>>16631300
Fuck off. I've had bad knees since I was 13, and managed to break my leg running before my knees ever went out. Get a brace and do your physical therapy.
>>
yeah it's shit

I put in a crazy amount of time at the gym, lost 40 lbs, then starting lifting more
I hated every fucking second.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.