[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
tl;dr should I move out or live somewhere for free?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_20131119_130313.jpg (2 MB, 3096x4128) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20131119_130313.jpg
2 MB, 3096x4128
I live at home, rent free, all the money I make from my job I use on my accord. Only thing I'm obligated to pay for is the gas for my car.

I'm 22 years old, a male, full time student, part time waiter. Would it be best idea to move out right now?
I want to so I can have the independent choice to smoke in my room or not tell anyone I'm going out for a few days. I don't want to because I can devote more time to school, and direct money for rent into other avenues. Help?
>>
>>16630802

i think if you are using staying home the wrong way. going out and starting your life is difficult financially. while its fine that you spend some of your money, at least 50% of all the money you make should be going to a savings account. that way when you DO move out you arent going to struggle to start. even if you dont use very much of it, you will always have spare cash for when things come up.

trust me when i say that having money in savings is by far the best thing in the entire world, and if all you are paying for is gas putting away 50% of each paycheck (and tips) will give you the best start in life ever.

so my recommendation is stay home til you graduate and save as much money as humanly possible. god knows i would kill just to start the month with more then 75 bucks.

from your pros and cons list it sounds like you dont have much quarreling or big issues with living home. id suggest moving out if you wanted to get laid more, but if its really just so that you can smoke in your room and leave for a few days, just wait
>>
>>16630821
I didn't mention I do have a savings with $5k saved up, but I'm worried I'll likely go through it all by the end of the first year of moving out. Like I said I work part-time, so honestly probably 80% of my monthly wages would go to rent. Although I could pick up more shifts at cost of freetime/studytime...

You're right though, smoking outside is a hassle but definitely doable. That's one of my only real complaints, since moving out probably wouldn't solve my virginity issues.
>>
>>16630802
Trust me, staying at a place without rent is a much wiser decision, especially while in school. Rent will eat your money like no tomorrow and pile on excess stress. Sure you can't bring girls home, but if you ever do meet a girl maybe she has her own place for you to hook up at.
>>
>>16630858

yeah id stay home man. when you finish college you can pick up more shifts (or get a better job in general) so you wont have to worry about losing 80% of your money to rent right away.

5k is a GREAT start, but think of how comfortable your life will be if you had 50% of your paycheck til you graduated just stashed away.

thikn about how great life will be if you move out, manage to have all your ends met by your job, and then say 'wow, i have so much money saved up because i didnt move out while in college. i could use this money to put a down payment on a proper house, or even go on a big vacation!"

trust me. you'll want that money more when you move out.
>>
>>16630802
I lived on my own for a long time. After my wife left I kept the house and lived alone for a while. My mom and me agreed to move in together and she sold her house and bought a new one with a attached apartment. I love in that apartment rent free and rent out my house.
>>
move out.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.