[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Need someone who works at Walmart to answer. How do I politely
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (453 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
453 KB, 1080x1920
Need someone who works at Walmart to answer.

How do I politely say I can't handle the 9 hour holiday shifts of varying times? Our schedules are all over the place. For example one day I'm there from 9am till 6pm, and then the next day 11am till 8pm. How can I tell them I want a set schedule to make it easier on my body? Say working like 5 hours every day instead of 8 or 9, at the same starting and ending times. That's the only way I survived retail long term last time.

Somethings godda change because I can't do this long term
>>
>>16630002

by politely saying
'excuse me, MR X? i was wondering if we could talk a bit about these schedules. I have a hard time with the inconsistency and was hoping we might be able to hammer out something different?'

keep in mind that you are asking for better treatment than everyone else. its normal to work 8 or 9 hours aday, that is a normal work day. the hours you are talking about arent even that inconsistent. i understand hating to work a horribly long shift then coming back early the next day, but this ones slightly offset so that doesnt even happen.

asking to only work five hours a day is awfully entitled cuz on top of that you are asking everyone else pick up your slack. its wal mart so chances are you are going to be told to go fuck yourself.
>>
"Hi boss, I'm sorry, but I'd like to resign for health reasons."
>>
>>16630033

lol
>>
>>16630027
Kek you're right. My last retail workplace was more lenient because they were so desperate for employees to stay. You proved a good point.

Currently I'm actually sick because I can't get away from all the customers sneezing and coughing. And sometimes the differing shifts make me get less sleep than I want. As in, no time to do other stuff: godda head to bed 3 hours after coming home in order to both get enough sleep and have time to get ready in the morning

How do I best deal with the stress?
>>
>>16630033
I'd like to take the easy way out but I needed money. The only reliable way to get money is to just get a job
>>
>>16630046

i dont understand your math, OP.

>get off at 6
>only 3 hours until bed
>you go to bed at 9
>dont need to go to work until 11am the next day

thats 14 hours for sleep and getting ready for work. you should only need 9 hours of sleep MAX, and an hour to get ready (Assuming you shower in the morning) and a half hour to commute (i assume, correct me if wrong).

by your own math you get off work at six, stay awake for 3 hours, go to bed at 9, then wake up at 6am (assuming you sleep 9 hours a night, anything else is going to make you MORE tired the next day).

than you have 5 hours to get to work?
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.