[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Change Your Life in 3 Months Week 1
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: gene.jpg (37 KB, 316x276) Image search: [Google]
gene.jpg
37 KB, 316x276
I am going to keep this as brief as possible. I have been on /adv/ for ages (all summer) - maybe a decade or something. I am also really interested in why some people have decent lives, and others end up on /r9k/. Neither of these are extraordinary qualification, but it would be fair to say that I understand why the losers here are losers. It all comes down to not doing really basic shit, often because people here are "too smart" and "too proud" to do it. And I agree - this basic shit leads to a "normie" upper middle class life after a lot of effort. Still, I would argue that it's better than having no control over life whatsoever.

With that said, I think if you do, or don't do, one thing I list every week, and every week thereafter for three months, you will see RAPID and DRAMATIC improvements at the end of the little experiment. Some of these things will be stuff you are already doing - for example "start working out (with details" will be listed at some point, but I know a ton of you are already doing it. That's all - none of this is remotely new, none of this will make you a billionaire or get you supermodels, but it will provide you with a baseline.

WEEK 1: Cut all junk food - anything processed with sugar (fruits don't fall into this category), chips, pretzels, fries, pizza, etc.

P.S. These threads are likely to get deleted as off-topic, but if you are a mod doing so - consider what people come here looking for, and this will be FAR more useful than me telling people to go ahead and talk to that girl for the 1000th time. Also, feel free to discuss the problems in your life and things you want changed, though they tend to be similar for everyone.
>>
That's an awesome idea op. I will keep an eye open for your threads. Good luck!
>>
>>16629830
>WEEK 1: Cut all junk food - anything processed with sugar (fruits don't fall into this category), chips, pretzels, fries, pizza, etc.
does fast food count? making my own meals is too hard tbqh family. i probably get take-out 6-10 times a week
>>
>>16630831
You have already failed
>>
>>16630831

Generally >>16630837 is right - it will be greasy and have a shitton of salt/sugar/calorie-rich additives in it. Even things like Chipotle that people consider relatively healthy aren't that great for you.

You should at least standardize breakfast to oatmeal with eggs / some sort of lean meat (chicken, salmon, tuna, etc) and a couple of veggies Then something like a salad and chicken breast for dinner.

If you do something like Chinese food, it will generally be 500-1000 calories - while it may seem healthy (rice/chicken/vegies), it's greasy as fuck and has a ton of salt.

So, if you are eating out, you are probably staying fat / skinny fat without exceptional genes / fitness level.
>>
>>16630863
When will you post Week 2?
>>
>>16631128

Every Saturday, I will try to make sure the thread stays up at least 5pm-12 Eastern.

The actual "Week" is going to be Monday - Sunday, but getting the new goals Saturday gives people a little time to prepare/try it early.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.