[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My Disabled mother (bipolar, psychitzophrenic, fibromyalgia,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: health.gif (8 KB, 250x90) Image search: [Google]
health.gif
8 KB, 250x90
My Disabled mother (bipolar, psychitzophrenic, fibromyalgia, PTSD, etc) has always been fine during her life. She's always been able to care for herself and has done a fine job at doing so. About a month ago she had a stroke at the age of 44. All was going well until a few days ago. No one could contact her so after four days my brother did a wellness check on her. She's not herself. She's acting confused and she can hardly comprehend what people are telling her whether it be conversation or commands. The hospital she's at is claiming she may need 24 hour care but my entire family is poor and we can't afford it. All my family members have full-time jobs so we can't care for her ourselves. Does anyone have any suggestions? She lives off of disability because the Doctors say she's incapable of working due to her mood swings and her pain. Does disability offer any aid when it comes to finding her help?
>>
My disabled girlfriend lost her ears. She never listens when I tell her to do things. Sucks.
>>
>>16629776
Yes, there are more services available for her if she is destitute and is requiring 24 hour care. In all likelihood it will involve her going to a state-funded nursing home. It will not be good. She will likely get abused in some way or another. That's just the way shit is. State-funded facilities are notoriously shitty, because they have little money and the people who work there give as much of a shit as the kids who work fast food.

Maybe she'll get lucky and go to a nice place. But prepare yourself to be her advocate, and check up on her often to make sure she is not being taken advantage of/abused.

Until then, you need to contact your local welfare office. They'll tell you who you need to talk to.
>>
Duurt lang.
>>
As the other anon said, yes they can offer help but she will be placed in a nursing home. As someone who works in the medical field prepare for the worse with that.

Patients always do better with family compared to nursing homes. Perhaps have her move in with one of you, and pay for someone to watch her while that person is at work? Use her disability money towards it if you can.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.