[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Taking His Name
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
I’ll be getting married late this year, will be bringing up the subject of last names very soon. My fiance’s family really sucks. Well, his mom’s side, anyway. His grandfather is a serial adulterer, his mom is a trainwreck in every way one could be. I have no desire to perpetuate his family name. At the same time, I’m very traditional and I believe the wife should take her husband’s name. So having him take mine, or use a hyphenated name is not on the table. I’ve come up with a compromise, and that’s to take his middle name as my last name. Perhaps suggest that he change his middle name to his last name, for the sake of our names matching.
What do you think of this? Weird? Reasonable?
>>
>>16629735
It's fine, why don't you like the idea of using your last name though? I never got why it was such a big deal to people
>>
>>16629740
Just my personal traditions. I'm from the south from a very traditional family. Women should take their husband's name.
>>
>>16629745
That's fine if it's your personal thing but you can fuck off if you judge other couples for it, especially if your only argument is 'but it's tradition!!'
>>
>>16629747
Wtf? I never said anything about what you ought to do. or that I judge others for their choice. You asked my opinion as to why I want it the way I do. Calm the hell down.
>>
>>16629751

lol, looks like you hit a nerve there
>>
>>16629754
Yeah well, feminists are that way.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.