[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does it say "Don't take this medication with other
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (117 KB, 424x283) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
117 KB, 424x283
Why does it say "Don't take this medication with other medications that contain acetaminophen; serious liver damage may occur" on packages?

I mean I get the part of not taking more than 4,000 mg of acetaminophen in 24 hours, but the not take other stuff containing acetaminophen alongside it? Is this just something to scare me or is there legit cause for concern.

Because I had 2 different types of medicine that contained acetaminophen within the past 48 hours but didn't exceed 4,000 mgs of it
>>
File: image.png (15 KB, 467x489) Image search: [Google]
image.png
15 KB, 467x489
bamp
>>
how did you manage to stay alive this long being so stupid
>>
File: image.png (126 KB, 500x320) Image search: [Google]
image.png
126 KB, 500x320
bump
>>
>>16629601
That's the point, many don't realize their hydrocodone also contains acetaminophen and proceed to load up on that and tylenol and give themselves acute liver failure. It's not about the other active ingredients in your meds.
>>
>>16630177
Oh so it's just for stupid people who don't pay attention? Oh okay. I always pay attention to shit like this
>>
People are stupid and cocktail shit then take 3 shots immediately after because thats "okay"
>>
>>16629601
Acetamiophen should be illegal because of the awful liver damage it causes. Don't fuck around with it.
>>
>>16629601
Oxidation into quinones in the liver results in a buildup of toxicity

tldr your liver turns them into toxic stuff and whatever you're taking may accelerate or promote said oxidation
>>
Anything on packaging generally says a number decently lower than what a dangerous overdose would be. Look on the packaging of some tylenol and see how much it says not to exceed taking. It's going to recommend something way lower than 4000mg. They have to do this because otherwise there are some people who think it means 3999mgs would be just fine.
Or as other people said, someone might be like "But I took vicodin not tylenol, they're different I don't understand. I took both according to their directions"
There's also the ones who think vicodin has 500mgs of hydrocodone.
>>
>>16631341
>There's also the ones who think vicodin has 500mgs of hydrocodone.
IF ONLY
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.