[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I found out about Schizoid personality disorder recently. I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (40 KB, 368x368) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40 KB, 368x368
I found out about Schizoid personality disorder recently.

I have literally every single clinical feature listed in the chart on wikipedia.

What do?
>>
>>16627613
>self-diagnosed schizo
>>
>I found another cool word for introvert and shut in
>>
talk to a psychiatrist
>>
>>16627624
Schizo is short for schizophrenic

>>16627627
I'm not a shut in and this is a medical word nit just a word. That means there could be cure.
>>
If those clinical features affect your life negatively, seek help from a mental health professional.
>>
>>16627644

Theres an ugprgent care up the street. Do they have mental health professionals?
>>
>>16627640
Chances are, you are not schizophrenic. Schizophrenics suffer from auditory hallucinations (voices and whispers) and a warped view and understanding of reality.

Trust me, I've been in a schizophrenia simulator.
>>
>>16627664
I already know im not schizophrenic. He said schizo which means schizophrenic.
>>
File: 1396841263887.jpg (19 KB, 250x232) Image search: [Google]
1396841263887.jpg
19 KB, 250x232
>>16627664
>schizophrenia simulator
wut?

>>16627613
You can't base a diagnosis on you reading shit on wikipedia.

do what >>16627629 said, and be honest with yourself and him. Don't jump to conclusions.
>>
>>16627674
>You can't base a diagnosis on you reading shit on wikipedia.

Its not a fucking horoscope. Every single one, dude. I swear to God.

I've had identity crises in the past and I tried to get close friends to describe me but nobody has nailed me down as precisely as that stupid article.
>>
>>16627613
smoke crack
>>
>>16627710
Disregarding all other responses in favor of this one.
>>
File: 1431231221351.png (131 KB, 500x535) Image search: [Google]
1431231221351.png
131 KB, 500x535
>>16627694
So I just reviewed the symptoms by reading the wikipedia and mayo clinic pages for this disorder.

To be perfectly honest with you, the symptoms seem very general and thus almost anybody could have them. Shit, I have some of those symptoms myself, from time to time.

Really, talk to a psychiatrist or a counselor. If you're in school (or university) you might qualify for a free appointment with one (my university has free sessions throughout the year for all students).
Either way, even if you are diagnosed the only course of action is either medication or therapy. Therapy has proven effective, especially if the patient is willing to put in the effort and has the motivation.
It seems to me like you're either freaking out or you want this to be true. Both of these attitudes are bad for you. Try to remain calm and positive.
>>
>>16627731
No University but I have health insurance. How do you get diagnosed of personality disorders?
>>
File: 1438918565893.png (270 KB, 680x452) Image search: [Google]
1438918565893.png
270 KB, 680x452
>>16627741
Usually a psychiatrist or counselor/therapist will use their professional judgement to diagnose someone. They will ask you questions and observe your behavior and use of language, among other things.

They know what signs to look for. Like I said before though, if you want this to be true and go in and lie to them, the only one who is getting screwed over will be you. It's important to be honest with them about your experiences.

I suspect you don't have anything (not trying to be a jerk or diminish what you may actually be having) but in order for someone to actually be diagnosed the symptoms also have to be severe enough that they interfere with the persons life in a big way.

For example, a person with depression missing an entire week of work or school, or a person with anxiety having to leave a grocery store or some other things like that.
>>
>>16627757
The article also says experts suspect the disorder is much more common because most people with it do not seek treatment.

I want to have relationships with people and I don't have social anxiety. I'm actually really good at being charismatic and getting people to like me when I set my mind to it but it's really just a front to maintain my social status. If I try to pursue a more intimate relationship with someone there's some kind of motivation gap there. Like I can't predict any positive outcome or that I'll get anything out of it. Even when they make it obvious they like me, I feel this way. I feel trapped. If this is a way out, damn right I want it to be true but if not, it wouldn't hurt to try.
>>
>>16627781
do you feel like you're able to love someone?
Have you had crushes before on people?

Do you see yourself getting married and having a wife and kids? (or husband whatever)

Do you love your parents or your family?
>>
>>16627815
>do you feel like you're able to love someone?
I don't know. I've never been in love.

>Have you had crushes before on people?
I think so but that was back in high school and I'm not sure how much of it was just because I felt like I should have a crush on someone.

>Do you see yourself getting married and having a wife and kids? (or husband whatever)

Yes. I hope so. It's hard to imagine now since I've never even had a girlfriend but I don't want to just be alone forever.

>Do you love your parents or your family?
I'm very grateful to my parents and I feel a sense of duty to them. I feel a sense of responsibility toward my siblings. I guess I may be more distant with my family than most of my friends are with theirs but I'm not prepared say something like I don't love them.
>>
>>16627847
Your last 2 answers indicate that you at least are somewhat empathetic towards others. This is a good sign.

Like I told you before, a major part of defeating or controlling a disorder is the attitude of the patient. Be positive and whatever your doctor decides for you, you will be able to confront successfully.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.