[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Someone please help me. It's an emergency. I'm a complete
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2
File: sims.jpg (63 KB, 764x960) Image search: [Google]
sims.jpg
63 KB, 764x960
Someone please help me. It's an emergency. I'm a complete ignorant with food. I put a bread in the microwave. Soon after, smoke came out. I opened the microwave and a bunch of smoke came out. I opened the windows. It smells horrible. I'm scared of suffocation and starting a fire. What should I do? The microwave keeps making ticking sounds. Please help me fast.
>>
>>16626738

you turned it off yeah? just keep everything open and wait
>>
Eat it quick. It won't burn the house down if it's in your stomach.
>>
>>16626738

Oh shit I think I might die better post on 4chan.

Lol grab salt and throw it in there if you are worried about fire
>>
>>16626738
Turn off the breaker for that area and air the place out you silly.
>>
>>16626738

Are you dead?
>>
>>16626760
What are the ticking noises the microwave keeps making? Is it safe to use it in the future?
>>
The ticking noises are coming from a short circuit in the magnetron capacitors which is causing it to run out of control and emit dangerous levels of radiation. If your microwave is made by kenwood or samsung you must physically violently dismantle the malfunctioning unit. With all other brands this is not possible. The only thing you can do is throw it as quickly as possible out of your house. Your food and kitchen will now be highly contaminated with radiation and will likely need to be decontaminated with fire.
>>
>>16626800
Lmao.
This guy is trolling btw
>>
Can I please get serious and helpful answers? I'm crying and going to die on new years eve.
>>
What does is say on the display?
>>
This had to be bait. Bread burning in the microwave...?
>>
Op, chill. The smoke only smells bad. Open your windows and wait.
Believe me, it's not going to kill you. And the sounds you are hearing are totally normal. It's the food dilatating.
I'm an eletronics technician, I know what I'm talking about.
>>
I'm not responding much because the answers are slow and I found a quicker place to get responses.

>>16626855
Thank you. I'm really stressed out.

>>16626847
I could take a picture if you insist.
>>
>>16626817

Know how I can tell OP is a woman?
>>
What place ?
>>
>>16626738
> It's an emergency. I'm a complete ignorant with food. I put a bread in the microwave.
>I put a bread in the microwave.
>a bread

NIGGA WHAT

U GONNA DIE
>>
U IGNORANT PEOPLE why dont you just fucking get empathy for someone crying? Like wtf is wrong with you all

OP, omg let me help u :( I had this kind of thing a couple months ago, calm down its all going to be allright! Just open the windows and wait until its all cooled off. Then after a while you can clean all up :) And youre done!
>>
>>16626892

Hey anon I love you.
>>
did it work
>>
>>16626738
Heh same thing happened to me when i was living in studio alone, i think it was a slice of pizza or hot pocket, I put the timer on too long i guess and forgot about it. Of course the smoke alarm went off. It is pretty embarassing desu. Your neighbors will think you're an idiot.
>>
>>16626889
because she's crying like a little bitch that she is?
>>
>>16626925

Because she burnt a piece of food in the microwave, and she's being a total baby about it. I'm not that gullible anymore
>>
>>16626957
Yesus so what? Why is it wrong to be a little bit emotional about things youre not sure about? I would cry too if I didnt know what to do in such situations
>>
>>16627004
save crying for when your mother or child or lover dies. or when you get raped. crying from a burn piece of bread and some smoke if literally childish.
>>
>>16627044
that escalated quickly
>>
>>16626781
Unplug the microwave, or cut the breaker for it if unplugging isn't practical. Does the ticking stop then?
>>
File: bread5.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1536) Image search: [Google]
bread5.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1536
Sorry for the super late reply. Ran into some problems.

Here is the picture of what happened.
>>
>>16627004

Because if you literally can't handle a piece of burnt food in a microwave, I could never trust you in any kind of difficult situation. You are a walking, talking liability. Dead weight.

Unplug the fucking microwave, throw water on the burning food, throw it away, open the windows, clean microwave. Let it dry out before you plug it back in. Done. OP could've easily googled that instead of freaking out and doing nothing
>>
>>16627182
You Godless monster
>>
>>16627203
>>16626957
>>16626951
It was a lot of smoke and I didn't know if there would be fire or suffocation. I don't know how to deal with these situations. It was a horrible experience. It still smells terribly.
>>
>>16627227

>It was a horrible experience

how can you be such a drama queen? How are you still alive?

for fuck's sake look at your picture again. It's a burnt roll. Grow up
>>
>>16627236
I actually lived a sheltered life and am inexperienced with most things in life. I also was close to death more than once.

It seems that I fuck up in everything I do. I need some life coaching, cooking lessons, how to manage bills, etc.
>>
>>16627242

I'm sorry if i'm being too much of a dick, but based on my own experiences, I have no patience for people who panic under pressure. it's all fun and games when it's just burnt bread, but in a real crisis you'd get somebody killed
>>
>>16627247
I don't work in such fields so I won't get anyone killed.

My lack of knowledge of the situation made me panic. All I saw was smoke and I didn't know how bad it would get. Being calm works if you know how to fix something but what difference does it make if you don't know what's going on and how to fix it?

Also, is the microwave still safe to use?
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.