[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Roommates
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
I'm not sure how to approach my roommates to tell them they need to start looking for a new roommate.

It always seems the rule of thumb is to talk to everyone at once in person, but I'd be coordinating with three people at once. A lot of things they just handle through text.

Would it be a huge problem if I told them to start hunting for a new roommate?

Pic related. Spaghetti from one of them that's just been sitting on the counter for months. I'm done trying to clean their shit up.
>>
>>16626619
>Would it be a huge problem if I told them to start hunting for a new roommate?

Man, what are you going to do when in another ten years or so, you have to go through a divorce? Man up.
>>
>>16626619
just give them about a month's notice.
>>
>>16626662
I'm probably gonna do that. Maybe through text since I can't seem to get all three of them in the same room.

>>16626654
Relationships are different. Especially if we're starting on the same level with getting a place together. I wouldn't feel like I'm upsetting the balance of something that the entire household is already comfortable with.

Plus, I wouldn't marry some trash who lives like a manchild.
>>
>>16626692
you're under no obligation to do it face to face. especially if you all take care of everything else through text anyway. you don't have ot live there the whole month, but you would be responsible for like, bills for the time you aren't living there even if you leave early.
>>
>>16626619

just send a group text if you have a hard time getting them all together in person.

>hey guys, was hoping to say this in person but everyones got odd hours. I'm planning to move out february first, so this is my 30 days notice. you guys will want to find a new roommate i imagine, and if you want i can set up the ad for it to find the replacement, or if you'd like more control over the person, you guys can work it out amongst yourselves.

let me know if theres anything i can do to help! you guys have been great!"
>>
>>16626771
>>16626697

Cool. I wasn't sure if not talking about something like this in person was a big deal. I wanted to see what others thought.

Text it is. Thanks!
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.