[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'd like some help with getting advice for a friend. Basically,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: tumblr_nwaz5e2kni1rnqhhho1_540.gif (801 KB, 540x764) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nwaz5e2kni1rnqhhho1_540.gif
801 KB, 540x764
I'd like some help with getting advice for a friend.

Basically, she often comes to me feeling depressed, lonely, and whatnot. She feels like she has no friends, has problems trusting people, and generally doesn't feel fulfilled in her life.

But the thing is, she clearly does have friends. She has a boyfriend and she's actually decently popular. She often goes out to socialize with her friends and to parties and stuff.

What's the deal with her? I can answer more questions, but I really don't know how to handle it. I've tried pointing out that she does have people around her in her life but she doesn't care to acknowledge it.
>>
>>16626523
Basically I'd like to know what I can do to help her acknowledge the good things in her life and help her stop feeling depressed. I understand that professional help is one of the only things to help with real depression, but I'm looking for things that are easier to do as a friend.
>>
>>16626523
So basically 95% of all girls who have ever muttered they were lonely or depressed?

What, she has nothing wrong with her. She sounds like a selfish, conceited brat. If she refuses to recognize how much she has going for her, let her stew.

You want advice? Tell her you don't want to hear it, or just continue to try to comfort a girl who doesn't deserve it.
>>
>>16626557
I appreciate your cynicism. If anything, I want to stop her from being a selfish, conceited brat. If there's no way, then just say that.

She's been a good friend of mine for a while and I simply want to help her and also stop her from whining all the time without being a huge douche.
>>
>>16626569
If you could somehow bring her attention to how well she actually has it, that'd be ideal. But it seems you've been trying that for a bit now. And recommending clinical help for such a stupid issue seems brash.

Sorry, I've got nothing beyond that.
>>
>>16626572
She's had some issues with abuse in the past, so maybe clinical help is something she should look into.
>>
>>16626523
>Complains about being lonely and not having friends
>Has a boyfriend
Fucking women are so god damned retarded.
>>
>>16626591
Yes, yes they are. I just want her to be self aware for once. She's normally really cool and tolerable, but this kind of shit makes it hard to bear her sometimes.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.