[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Feeling down
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
I'd be very glad to hear any advice you can give me.

Short runthrough:
>be me, college student
>go through break up
>parents gone on vacation and can't reach them and they're not back yet
>live in a city with no one else but my ex as my best friend
>no actual friends outside of class to talk to
>no friends that would ever understand why I cry myself to sleep every night
>I train regularly and take long walks
>eat very balanced meals daily
>socialize when I'm outside
>have hobbies like vidya and drawing
>trying to change my self for a more positive impact on the world I live in
>still feel terribly upset and empty every night right as I'm about to go to bed

I just have this horrendous feeling, that I'm not as good of a human being as I expect others to be. I'm trying to change my way of living so I don't have to feel the guilt of being part of a society that destroys life.

I don't know how to cope with this. I don't know how to cope with my self. It's not that the world makes me sad. It's that I make my self sad and I have honestly no idea how to deal with it. Whatever I do I always go to bed feeling empty and pathetic and it makes me even more upset that I feel this way about my self.
>>
Try giving back to the community by volunteering or joining an organisation or something. It'll give you a sense of perspective, and it'll make you feel like you have a purpose. It's pretty rewarding too.
>>
First, try and realize that your feelings are just feelings. They come, they go. You feel good one moment, bad the next, and if they can change that fast, you can exert some control over them to feel more good than bad. Say "these sad and bad thoughts I'm having are a part of me, but they're not all of me."

Breakups are hard, of course, but it's the lack of human contact that needs to be resolved. That means making friends or acquaintances.

Also, vidya and drawing are both great fun, but they're not hobbies of self-improvement. You won't learn much by doing these, they're basically solitary, and you're not going to have a sensation of job well done after spending hours at it. Consider branching out to reading, writing, a sport, or something you enjoy that will build your personal sense of prestige (hiking, rock-climbing, homebrewing).
>>
>>16625501
I tried that a while back. It was fun, I'll do it again once my schedule for next semester clears up. thanks anon!

>>16625514
Thank you. It's just that these feelings are always there, but when I'm not distracted they take the best of me and it is a sort of relief to sometimes cry it out but it's getting tiresome.

I find it hard to tolerate people. To build a relationship and get to know people and to care about them. I spent so long for this relationship with my ex that I happily agreed to the breakup because we'd still be best friends and we are spending time like we always have and prioritize each other like always, we just don't put a name on it and restrict to obligations of being in a relationship. I can't be patient with people otherwise, If I hang with them I want them to leave after an hour.

I agree, I can't develop as a human being through vidya and drawing but they do help me find some time to my self and properly enjoy something. Like said, I train and I take walks at least once a day. I like to write letters to people I've met while traveling in other countries and it's helped me branch out into the world more than the internet has. thank you for the kind honesty anon.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.