[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it wrong for me to be disgusted with the idea of my boyfriend
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 4
File: MarijuanaLeaf.jpg (116 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
MarijuanaLeaf.jpg
116 KB, 650x650
Is it wrong for me to be disgusted with the idea of my boyfriend smoking weed? I don't know why I am, but I feel sick to my stomach about it. Am I being dumb?
>>
>>16625376
No, pot smokers will defend themselves to the death but in reality its a dirty, smelly, disgusting and degenerate habit
>>
I dont like when girls smoke cigerettes or do hard drugs so there is nothing wrong with it if thats your opinion.
>>
>>16625380
Thank you. Does it really make people smell bad? He's never smoked it before, but he wants to. We planned on going out that night, but there's no fucking way if he smells like shit because of it.
>>
Yes. Drugs are bad mmkay. It's just like any bad habit: you'd be disgusted if he bit his nails, or if he chewed with his mouth open, or if he jerked off into his underwear instead of a kleenex. Weed is much worse, because there's a culture of trash that goes along with it.
>>
>>16625388
Yeah it does smell
>>
I'm a total idiot when it comes to this, so I don't really know what kind of effect it has on people. If he does smoke it (which I think he will regardless of what I say), can I trust him to do it with someone he's called "insanely hot"? Will it make him more likely to hit on her or something?
>>
I'm from a state with legalized recreational. It's totally okay for you to personally not like it, but consider it from the perspective that it's not dissimilar to someone drinking alcohol to get drunk. Think about how he might view pot smoking when you have the conversation with him and see if you two can compromise. People react differently to it. He may not even like the experience and never want to do it again!

As for your concern with the "insanely hot" chick, like I said, everyone responds differently. It's not really like alcohol where inhibitions are removed. To be honest, that part sounds like its own problem, independent of the weed.
>>
>>16625376
It's okay to be opposed to your boyfriend doing drugs. Being disgusted is stretching it a little, but you are entitled to your opinion. That said, you look like you know absolutely nothing about weed, so why don't you educate yourself a little before judging him? If you still feel the same way afterwards, that's okay.

>>16625388
Does it really make people smell bad?

Uh, the room he smokes in will smell for a few hours. He himself most likely won't. It's way better than cigarettes in that regard. Maybe his breath will smell a little.

>>16625407
>Will it make him more likely to hit on her?
Yes and no. It's not at all like alcohol, but if they're both high as fuck, chances are she'll find anything he says funny, he'll be funnier than usual, and things could escalate from there. If you trust him, there's no need to panic. Being high doesn't affect your boundaries like being drunk does.
>>
You aren't wrong. My dad has always smoked weed. Oh, how i hate it!
If i would meet a guy and it turns out he smokes, that would be the last time he sees me.
It's expensive, unhealthy, it smells VERY bad, it will make you an unmotivated and moody asshole. It's just so - SO disgusting. It's n addiction. And people that are addicted generally have issues. Big ones. My sister has two kids with a "high functioning" weed smoker. And after 5 years, things are starting to crumble. And the absolute main factore is weed. You don't want that. People who need a substance to "relax" have a problem. Wait until they have done some maturing and growing. You don't want this in your life a - ever!
>>
>>16625575
As a high functioning weed smoker myself (by which I don't mean I smoke all day, just that it doesn't really affect my life), could you elaborate on how your sister's relationship is crumbling?
>>
>>16625494
Not those anons, but I find the smell really bad. It lingers on people and in places. Like a big skunk fart.
>>
>>16625584
He has always been smoking, so my sister really made an effort to not make a big issue out of it. She just doesn't like when he smokes whilst watching the kids alone. After all, it DOES affect you. Just imagibe there would be an emergency and he would have to rush to the hospital with his two baby boys... My sister never nagged him about the smoking, but he is aware that she would like him to finally get over it. He's not a teenage boy anymore. And besides that, he is slowly becoming an useless idiot (my words, she would never say something like that). He had a good job, lots of hobbies and energy when they met. It's been 3 years now since he had quit his job. He never finds motivation to search a new one. He just stays at home all day, programming, gaming, indulging in his hobbys, spending way too much money to the point where my sister has to cook pasta for a week cause he spent money on shit like a new drone, gadgets for his salt water tank or a 3d printer... And if she ever says something, he has no nerves to calmly talk trough with her. And yes, i do blame weed. Not because i want weed-smokers to feel bad, but because this kind of behaviour is exactly the same my dad showed. And it seems like a reocuring pattern. I have seen things go sout in the same way in at least 3 other relationships. I am just so unbelievably thankfull my bf doesn't take any drugs.
Just get done with it. My dad is now a suicidal, homeless, bitter old man. You want to end like that?
>>
>>16625631
It sounds like he has a lot more problems than only smoking weed, to be honest. You can blame the weed, that's fine, but the way I read it is that he's the type of guy who does whatever he feels like doing without looking at the consequences. I respect those people, it's a valid lifestyle, but they shouldn't have kids or manage a shared budget.

>Just get done with it. My dad is now a suicidal, homeless, bitter old man. You want to end like that?
I don't care about the end. The end is death for everyone. The journey there is what I'm trying to enjoy. Right now, that means smoking weed. Who knows how I'll feel in a couple years?
>>
>>16625631
And i wanted to add: "high functioning" works for quiet a few years. But since you rely on weed for relaxation, things will get bad if you happen to have a stressfull time (like having a family...). You will start smoking more and more. And you feel the weed effecting your body, right? So it obviously has a strong effect on your body. Do you really think doing this over and over again won't take a toll on you? Pls think again
>>
>>16625658
I knew you would say that. But everybody has issues to some extend. Weed makes them stand out more and more instead of giving you the clear mind to work them out. But yeah, it's your life. If you want to fuck it over, so be it
>>
>>16625661
>But since you rely on weed for relaxation, things will get bad if you happen to have a stressfull time (like having a family...)

I've been through my father dying, didn't really change much to the way I live life.

>You will start smoking more and more.
Who knows.

>And you feel the weed effecting your body, right? So it obviously has a strong effect on your body. Do you really think doing this over and over again won't take a toll on you? Pls think again.
Weed takes a toll on your mind, less so on your body (lungs mostly, I guess). That said, living takes a toll on you. I'm happy, who are you to judge?

I do appreciate your apparently genuine concern, though. You're a good person, we just don't share the same views on life.
>>
>>16625376
Everybody and there mum smokes dope where im from its great you should try it with him
>>
>>16625388
Depends on how long his hair/clothes are exposed to smoke and if he bothers to wash/change. It does smell and the smell is quite noticeable. If you bump into the wrong people they will probably recognize it.

Cigarettes leave a strong smell on you for a few minutes right after smoking but wears off, pot does the same thing but people often smoke a lot of it and pack on the stench much thicker, so it lasts a lot longer. It really depends on how much he smokes and how he handles it.
>>
>>16625376
No, people will defend it for days, but they are fried hippies and Sanders supporters.

In truth, weed is the most pleb of drugs. On a blue moon is one thing, but I would be unhappy if my gf was high constantly.
>>
>>16625631
You sound like such a prude, stuck up British girl. It's absolutely adorable.

I bet you're a brunette too.
>>
This is the stupidest thread I've seen on /adv/ for ages.
>>
>>16625376
I can see it being a problem if it is negatively affecting his life. It can be an expensive habit, and most decent jobs drug test. I can understand you not wanting him to smoke around you, but let him do it when he is alone. If it is causing problems move on and find someone else.
>>
>>16625631
Weed does not affect your ability to perform hand eye coordination tasks. In some ways its an enhancement of reality.

When im high im getting super high scores in battlefield4 and counterstrike that i would never achieve while unhigh.

He sounds like a cool guy with his 3D printing and shit like that. Has it ever occured to you that he might be too good for your stuck up ass?
>>
>>16625376

yes and no. pot is kind of in an area where we arent sure WHAT we can trust about it. many sources say its the best thing evar. many say its the worst thing evar.

i guess the question you need to ask yourself is 'do i hate that he smokes pot, or do i hate the way he smokes pot'?

also, compare this iwth your regular drinking habits. as muchas id love to date one of those sexy pretentious spiritual hippie types who smoke all day, i doubt id enjoy it in actual practice.

if hes someone who just smokes once or twice a week, generally at night, then you are probably just a little caught in your upbringing. and thats okay, as long as you arent trying to change someone elses life over it, you can hold on to that, god knows i do.

but if it bugs you too much it might be time to move on.
>>
>>16626699
Top kek, maybe not hand-eye coordination, but it it seems to have damaged your reading comprehension and temper
>>
>>16626596
I agree.
>>
>>16626596
>>16626765
Don't be butthurt that some people prefer not to date or be around smokers
>>
>>16626801
I'm not butthurt about anything. This thread is just stupid. I smoke pot, but I'm not necessarily pro-marijuana. It's all about personal tastes, but really... if OP is so concerned about it, well, maybe she should just fucking talk to her fucking boyfriend about it. By coming here, she's only having two things shoved down her throat: opinions from pot lovers, and opinions from pot haters.
>>
>>16625396

Smells dank sista
>>
>>16626596
>>
>>16626963
People come to /adv/ to get affirmation. Her mind is already made up but she just wants people to tell her she's right and not being dumb.

>every /adv/ thread looking for opinions
>>
>>16625376
Weed smokers are degenerates.
>>
>>16625376
>dating stoners

you have shit test in men and they smell just like it
>>
>>16625376
Biggest bait I've run across today. And all you faggots are falling for it.
>>
File: 1451553093282.jpg (43 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
1451553093282.jpg
43 KB, 720x540
>>16627574
girls are dumb enough to say stuff like this
>>
>>16627574
This. I can smell the samefag in this thread
>>
>>16625376
weed is good for you.

It's like being disgusted that your boyfriend eats onions.
>>
>>16625407
as far as the weed thing goes- smoking weed every now and then isn't a big deal. even regularly it isn't that bad. it's pretty much on the same level of social acceptance that alcohol is. most people will try it in their lifetime.

"stoner" culture is fucking degenerate and obnoxious, but most people who enjoy weed are not like that at all. more than likely, your boyfriend will try it, maybe like it, and maybe do it every now and then. he might not even enjoy it. the odds of him turning into a daily smoker are low.

now the "insanely hot" girl is a problem in and of itself. if he feels like he can brag about smoking weed with some other girl, that might speak to other problems that you may have in your relationship. I'd just be honest and tell him how you feel, but make sure you word it in the nicest way possible, and try not to be too confrontational about it.
>>
>>16628038
>"stoner" culture is fucking degenerate and obnoxious
True that. People who smoke dope can easily have fulfilling lives. No question on that. I have my own house, a good government job, an awesome daughter, an awesome fiancée.
Stoners are people who spend all their money on weed, and contribute nothing.
>>
No, it's not wrong, but he doing this isn't wrong either.
>>
>>16628038
This guy gets it. This isn't applied only to weed. Alcohol is a pain in the ass as great as any other drug, maybe really the worst.
>>
>>16625380
why do you say it's a degenerate habit?
>>
>>16625376
no, potheads are losers
>>
>>16625388
smoking a joint is something 90% of all people have been doing for years

youre making a big deal out of it, unless he wants to start doing it daily or even weekly or more often in general
>>
>>16625376

Sounds like you've been brainwashed by those drug free commercials which are sponsored by alcohol and pharmaceutical companies. You've been duped by special interest groups and their brainwashing techniques to trick the public into thinking marijuana is bad and will cause health problems. You should let your boyfriend smoke if he so pleases.
>>
>>16625376
Is he abusing it or getting in trouble over it? Unless you have an issue with caffeine and alcohol too then weed isn't really all that different.
>>
>>16628184
I own 3 properties, hold down a decent job and have 2 kids. I still smoke.
>>
>>16625407
Weed doesn't make you a different person, it just makes your brain work a little bit differently. If he cheats on you then it's because he wanted to do so and plans on using weed as an excuse.

Weed doesn't make you do dumb shit like that. It makes you do dumb shit like sit on the couch for 4 hours or put your phone in the fridge when you go get a snack.
>>
>>16630457
This

OP hope you've never had a drink in your life, because ethanol is literally a neurotoxin and a poison that the body rejects. Think about that. The human body doesn't reject or react as badly to cannabis, and even cocaine or heroin as harshly as it does to alcohol.

Also, hope you reject any form of anesthesia or analgesic (ex. morphine) when you end up in a hospital. I know your type too well -- judgmental 'straight edge' morons that don't know the first thing about chemistry or pharmacology.
>>
Honestly, OP sounds like a moron.
>>
>>16625388
god you sound like such an uppity, insufferable cunt. poor guy just wants to have fun with his life
>>
>>16625388
It does smell that bad and you don't notice it of youre high too. I tried it for the first time like 2 months ago and its pretty fun. It isn't really that bad desu, I'd smoke weed again but never cigarettes. Go for it.
>>
>>16632941
Doesn't*
>>
>>16625376
Smokers are jokers
>>
The ignorance in this thread is astounding. Smoking pot is really no different from drinking. I mean, the effects are a different but basically it's the same in that it's just something people do to relax and have a bit more fun. Anyone who has a problem with weed but are completely cool with alcohol is messed up.

Some people can get addicted, not physically but psychologically. You can get addicted to anything in this world though. It's like anything really, as long as its in moderation and not interfering with anything in your life than theres nothing wrong with it. But if it it turns you off your boyfriend, then it turns you off I guess.

I smoked daily for 5 years but quit cold turkey about a year ago because I just kind of got bored with it.
>>
>>16625376
yes, youre being dumb. if your bf liked to smoke crack, i could understand being a little upset. weed never hurt anyone, and people who say try to excuse abnormal behavior with it are lying. you should probably just get a new bf, it sounds like you two are incompatible on multiple levels.
>>
>>16625388
Not really, what I've smelled at it's worst is what I imagine as yankee candle shop burning an entire 16 wheeler full of herb candles.
>>
>>16625376
That depends.

I used to smoke weed to help cope with my depression, which I have because I got bullied as a kid...

Weed literally stopped me from commiting suicide at the age 18.

Ask him if he is depressed or was bullied or molested during his childhood years, if he was he probrably uses it to cope with the depression.

However, if he never had such problems and is not depressed, then he is just a regular stoner, not the worst kind of drug addict but still a drug addict.
>>
File: carlsagancosmos.jpg (57 KB, 646x536) Image search: [Google]
carlsagancosmos.jpg
57 KB, 646x536
>>16634394

Not only has marijuana never killed a single person or caused a single case of cancer, it has also greatly reduced violent crimes, theft, drunk driving, and car fatalities just by having it legalized in Colorado.

People who are against legalization are literally fucking retarded. It's a plant that's here to help humanity and there's statistics to prove it.
>>
>>16630619
Yeah. I should have added to that post that I also smoke pot... just to clear things up.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.