[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So this requires a bit of backstory >grow up as overweight,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
File: 1417156335388.jpg (108 KB, 602x396) Image search: [Google]
1417156335388.jpg
108 KB, 602x396
So this requires a bit of backstory

>grow up as overweight, autistic fag
>manage to lose some weight, still overweight but meh
>manage to at least transition from autistic to just socially awkward
>feels good
>find out in last year of high school from mother that apparently girl from around the block had a crush on me for awhile, her and girl's mom always talked about it
>dad: "Yeah of course she did, how did you not know?"
>tfw when I'm dense-as-fuck anime protagonist
>essentially go "oh well" and move on to college

Backstory done, now the events of now.
>come home for winter break in final year of college
>find out her dad died on Christmas
>fuck
>died from smoke inhalation and house burning the fuck down
>double fuck

So... what do?
I feel like reaching and offering my condolences and whatnot, but on some level I'm worried that me as her old crush coming into her life might not be the best.
Any suggestions or anything really?
>>
Extend your sympathies. You have not been negatively involved in her life, there's no reason for you to not act in kindness in fear of creating an awkward situation.

It coming from her old highschool crush may actually make it far more meaningful to her, a lot of women have a tendency to "cling" to those for a few years after or until they get a taste of what they're after.
>>
>>16624541
That all makes sense, especially your point about there being no reason to not be kind just cause it MIGHT lead to an eventual awkward situation. I mean, my only worry by reaching out is that if she has clung to that sort of feeling and she maybe tries to start up something that I'd be worried of how she'd take me not being interested (nothing against her, I'm just not really up for that) though that's probably me just overthinking/worrying too much.
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.