[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Could anyone share some positive coping mechanisms to deal with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4
File: 32.jpg (313 KB, 2336x3246) Image search: [Google]
32.jpg
313 KB, 2336x3246
Could anyone share some positive coping mechanisms to deal with relationship heart break?

I've already gone to the gym today, journaled pretty extensively, and talked with a few friends about the situation.

Can you guys share your favorite things to do when you can't get over someone? This wasn't a bad breakup btw, very mature, kind and mutual, it just hurts and I'm looking for ways to pass time so it can do its thing.

Thanks in advance.
>>
File: 1448000263617.jpg (55 KB, 604x604) Image search: [Google]
1448000263617.jpg
55 KB, 604x604
bumping my own thread.

Normally I read a lot, journal, lift, sleep (already done a lot of that though.) talk to friends.

I suppose cleaning up around the house/in the car would be a good idea.
>>
>>16624390

new activities help. the reason that emotions tend to fade over time is that they were in the short term memory part of your brain, and at the front of your consciousness. you are used to having something there and its not and thats sad.

so people who dwell on it, mourn it, wallow it, sit around and do nothing / do similar activities are constantly reminded.

as soon as you pick up new hobbies or put new framework on old hobbies, those memories get sorted into the 'long term' memory part of your brain and stored away.

so new hobbies in general, or finding new ways to do old hobbies. like if you two watched a show together, watch a different one, or in a different room even.

my recommendation is play old video games. you can emulate a lot of stuff on any decent computer. replay all the classics from your childhood.
>>
File: 1447560480334.jpg (46 KB, 850x400) Image search: [Google]
1447560480334.jpg
46 KB, 850x400
>>16624404
I really like that idea. Thank you so much anon, I really do appreciate it.
>>
>>16624409

no problem. test out your computer and find out what its capable of. i was surprised that i could easily play nintendo wii games, ps2 games, gamecube etc.

just make a list of old games you'd like ot beat again. i do it with silent hill and majoras mask like once a year.
>>
>>16624409

if you need extra distraction while playing games, try audio books or things like narrated creepy pastas online. you'll feel burnt out at the end of the day because you're over stimulating your brain but you wont be thinking about ur ex much at all.
>>
File: Earl Nightengale.jpg (32 KB, 576x430) Image search: [Google]
Earl Nightengale.jpg
32 KB, 576x430
>>16624413
I was playing through Dead Space pretty hard earlier this week. Tried a little earlier today, I played it in my mid teens, idk I think I just don't have the stomach for a heavy game atm. Trying to find a more comfy game. Any suggestions?
>>
>>16624445

comfy has a wide definition especially in gaming but ill give it a shot

>try playing classics like mario and sonic

autism im aware, but its fun to relive those parts of your childhood, they are simple games with bright colors, and since you are using an emulator you can use save states so you dont have to get frustrated when you die too often and have to start over.

i find the legend of zelda n64 series to be really comfy, but some might consider it heavy. majoras mask is exceptionally comfy.

the kingdom hearts series is probably the most comfy games in existence. its disney, but serious, but without being grim dark. all the scenes are really pretty and nice.

if you do like darker, silent hill is REALLY comfy and slow paced horror compared to games like resident evil. silent hill 2, 3, and 4 are my personal favorites.

if you want some funny ones you might have not have played. Try "mystical ninja: goemons great adventure' for the n64. its a LOT of fun imo.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.