[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I taking this too seriously?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (268 KB, 650x989) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
268 KB, 650x989
So here's my situation

>has a big crush on guy at retail job
>out of nowhere he hooks up with a girl
>before I had no idea this girl happened to work at the same place that we work. I only met her once and I thought she was cool.
>this didn't change the way I feel for the guy. Call it what you will, but I started to care more about his overall happiness instead of mine.
>then one day in the break room I overhear my crush's gf talking about how she was only interested in having the relationship just for the sex. This had me a little worried at first but then I started to think "well who doesn't like sex?". I tried to stay positive.
>then I overheard my coworkers talking about something on the lines of my crush and his gf "being in the wrong" and how they didn't like her.

I don't know what's going on between the two, and it isn't my business at all. But I just hope he will be ok. I want him to be happy even if I can't be the source of his happiness.
>>
How do you know this guy?
>>
>>16623752
I'm not sure what you want advice on.
It's hard to tell how seriously you are taking it from your post, basically all you've done is listen in on some relationship drama.
>>
>>16623831
I want to show him that I care for him. Also in this situation I'm unsure if I should let things be or take some sort of initiative. Although I don't think its my place to do that, so that might be out of the question.
Anyways, what I have been doing for the past couple of days is doing him small favors at work. I want to show him that I would put his needs before mine.
I guess I'm just not sure what to do with myself.
>>
File: ynRX2BX.gif (619 KB, 600x231) Image search: [Google]
ynRX2BX.gif
619 KB, 600x231
>>16623867
Holy shit your thinking is so backwards. Stay the fuck out of their relationship. It's none of your business and not your place to say anything to either of them. Wait for them to break up then make your move. If you do something now you will come off as too eager and needy which will ruin any chances you may have. Also get some fucking self esteem
>>
>>16623867
It all somewhat depend on what your relationship to this guy is. Is he a aquaintance, workplace friend, school friend, some guy you just say hi to while passing, never personally met him before?
>>
>>16623910
This pretty much.
Being to passive isn't good but if they're in a relationship you shouldn't interfere.
>>
>>16623910
>>16623926
Interfering with thier relationship is not my intention at all. just the thought of doing something like that brings me shame.
I'm definitely not going to confront them.
I'm just very confused on how I feel about this whole ordeal.
>>
>>16623912
He's a workplace friend.
>>
>>16624022
What's the advice you need? What's your question? Or are you just venting?
>>
>>16624040
My question is, is this crush worth my time? Eventually if they do break up should I try to establish something? Or should I wait for him to make a move?
>>
>>16624040
Maybe I was venting a little, but ultimately this is my question>>16624058
>>
>>16624033
Then it is not appropriate to get involved and should just butt out. I don't see what you are confused about. you didn't make a move and she did. She won, you lost. You thinking that you up most want him to be happy even above your own is your way of coping with your regret and pain. The best you can hope for it to try again after their relaonship ends or by getting over it.
>>
>>16624073
Alright, that sounds reasonable. Thank you for your time.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.