[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Studying
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (743 KB, 1936x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
743 KB, 1936x1936
Are studies so important in our life? That so important so we cannot live without them? Is this a fucking only entrance to better part of world that have studies to get a great job, earn a lot of money, and be a someone in this fucking world? Am I right or not?
>>
>>16623545

depends on your definition of study. you dont need them, but generally speaking you need to 'pay your dues' in some way.

studying at a college, trade, or technical skill is considered smart because you are learning a specific skill which should, in theory, translate into a real job. whereas paying your dues by just enterting the general work force doesnt guarantee you'll go very far up that ladder, if at all.
>>
>>16623558
> just enterting the general work force doesnt guarantee you'll go very far up that ladder, if at all.

Actually, anyone can move up the ladder. You just need to be willing to WORK. How do store managers happen, for example? You start with an employee who follows the rules and the customers like. The employee take son more work and more responsibility, eventually opening the store. They start working full time and maybe even over time. They move up in rank and become manager. General managers and regional managers are just managers who worked hard and moved up. The guy with college papers just entering will NOT get hired as a manager as college papers don't translate to real world know how.

In a nutshell, college is ONLY useful for science, medicine, law and teaching. Anything else you're better off with trade school, making a portfolio, or just working hard at the actual trade until you advance.
>>
>>16623572

right, but there is only one manager for every 10 employees anon. its not that this person worked hard, its that they worked hardest in whatever since of the word.

ergo, you are not guaranteed to go up the ladder. otherwise we'd all be managers.
>>
I'm working as a web developer, and I went styduing only because of my mother talking to make her happier. But it's nonsense, at studies I learn slower and I'm lazy to that point I dont prepare for exams etc. IT exam results are okay, cause I know how, cause I work, but rest like math I just suck, cause I hate being forced to study. I see no point to study IT.
>>
>>16623572
>retail managers work hard

Ha, they kiss as much ass as possible and sabotag each as much as possible AND you still have to be liked enough to move up.
>>
>>16623612

kissing ass is more or less 'hard work'. not in a traditional sense but it is a different game to play.
>>
>>16623590
> otherwise we'd all be managers.
Actually, most workers just don't WANT to be manager, aren't willing to work harder, or aren't great at their job. It's why so many places are hiring "managers"- many people just aren't willing to put the work in to become a manager.

>>16623612
In short, it's no different than any other job.

>>16623592
You are already studying- you just do it on your own. Being forced into a pace and to study things you do not like is boring to you. As soon as the semester ends leave college and go to a "Trade school" where they won't make you study all of the things you don't want. Get nice certifications from the trade school to make your mom proud. Certifications also help you find better work, especially if you keep them up to date, so it's worth it!
>>
I've made my decision of quit studies and considering of starting other ones maybe, also weekend studies. Because I work. So the only one question is. If I'm happy with quitting something that I hate, that I would enjoy my life and everyday rather hate it. Is it good? I'm such a pussy.
>>
>>16623618

there is not one manager for each employee position. regardless of what you say about how people act or work, that fact remains true. there are not enough manager jobs for everyone. ergo you are not guaranteed to become a manager.

its basic math retard.
>>
>>16623621
Yes, quitting things you hate to go do things you like and are successful doing will make you happier. It's common sense. School isn't going anywhere. You can always go back if you change your mind.
>>
>>16623625
The point isn't that everyone can literally be a manager, it's that ANYONE can literally become THE manager. Nothing is guaranteed, but if you work for it you've got a way higher chance than if you don't especially considering most people just plain won't put the work in or think they're entitled to things because they went to college.
>>
>>16623627
Common sense?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.