[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
burned eye with essential oil, will it return to normal?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 41z5e4d6SxL._SY355_[1].jpg (11 KB, 355x355) Image search: [Google]
41z5e4d6SxL._SY355_[1].jpg
11 KB, 355x355
So yesterday I rubbed some ginger oil in jojoba oil on my head to ease a headache, but got some in my eye. I just sat for an hour watching TV and closed the eye it got in, because thats happened before when I accidentally got oil in my eye, before realizing that when I opened my eye and it looked like I had a smudge on my glasses, it was actually my eye that was fucked up.

I then rinsed with water, but the eye was burning a lot after that and vision was blurry. It was painful to blink. so I kept eyes closed, and nose got runny on that side of my face.

I slept a lot and now there is no more pain, just irritation in my right eye, but my vision is still weird:
Wearing my glasses, if I leave only the right eye open, my vision is blurry. If I do the same thing and take glasses off, it looks like my right eye vision has actually improved and I see as if I was normally wearing glasses, but gets slightly blurry if I focus on an object.

So what I want to ask is will my vision go back to normal soon, is my eye just a little inflamed, or did I permanently damage it? I will have ot wait until next year to go see optometrist.doctor.
>>
Keep a cold compress (of just cold water on a cotton ball) on whenever you can. Likely it will heal, the damage caused by such oils isn't too bad, and the eye has a great healing capacity. Keep it not only closed, but blocking all light from it (so it won't burn any further), get some bandaging. See a doctor if after 3 days it's still bad, but it likely won't be. Just stop trying to see through this eye, avoid stressing it.
>>
>>16623319
Would have helped yesterday, I'm passed that phase now, since there's no more pain or redness. Just a minor irritation and slightly disturbed vision. Just seeking reassurance it will completely heal.
>>
>>16623354
It will, but even if your eye doesn't hurt anymore, you should still let it rest for a day or two. Get yourself an eyepatch and wish everyone a happy new YARRRR.
>>
>>16623477
OP here, I seem to be doing better than I thought. I went outside for an hour and didn't feel to awkward. This morning was seriously considering wearing an eye patch, but after I washed up my eye felt pretty okay, just slightly irritated and numb, with mildly blurred vision- which I notice seems to be slowly getting better. Considering that 20 hours ago it hurt to blink and was hard to keep my eyes open, I will assume that I'm okay and whatever is lingering will go away before too long.
>>
>>16624017
well whoop de doo! only an hour later and my vision seems almost back to normal.
>>
I got chemical burns on my fucking eyes from being sprayed with OC when I worked at a prison.

Healed fine, you'll be fine.
>>
>>16624388
Whats OC?

Thanks for the feedback, I'm feeling better every hour and now my vision is back to normal.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.