[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm 20 years old, diagnosed autistic, and have no one to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: 1433871679740.jpg (108 KB, 610x473) Image search: [Google]
1433871679740.jpg
108 KB, 610x473
I'm 20 years old, diagnosed autistic, and have no one to talk to in real life, and haven't had any friends for many years. How to find friends? My existence is pitiful at best - all the days I go through are virtually the same, there's no adventure nor fun.

>university/college
I already have higher education and work.

>go outside
So let's say I will go outside. What do I do next? Obviously, just walking on a sidewalk or in a park won't make me any friends.

>go to a bar
I usually have nothing in common with people who go to bars, so having a conversation would be impossible. I also don't drink alcohol, and don't plan to start to.

>go to a club
What kind of a club? Most clubs don't interest me. I found a club that interested me once, but other club members went there to talk about subjects unrelated to what the club was about (it was an astronomy club). There are no other clubs nearby that interest me.
>>
>>16622243

you already have higher education as in you completed it or are currently in school?

that being said, have you considered interests groups relevant to your interests? im guessing you have some sort of hobbies that you consider to be loner type things. sorry for the assumption but
>comics
>video games
>genre'd (horror?) movies
>geeky TV shows
>anime
>board games
>card games

but even if not these things almost ANY activity can be turned to a group activity.

go to meet up dot com and sort through the already established monthly meet ups and go make friends. i did this for horror fan meet ups. lots of fun. they have a LOT of activities for any interest. tell me yours?

that being said, if you do have any interest, especially geek, there are other ways to meet people without the internet. most specialty shops hold 'events'. our comic book store does a weekly movie night where you are expected to give commentary, magic the gathering tournaments (Drafting so its fair) other board game events, etc. trust me ur not the first person to feel lonely and theres plenty going on you just gotta look for it.

worse comes to worse, start your own meet up and see what happens!
>>
>>16622243

People are shit, OP. Our society is collapsing, you will be hard pressed to find decent people to be friends with. You've been given the gift of autism, learn an instrument and spend all your time becoming a god at it. Despite your autism there will be some chick out there who's knees get weak watching you play. Spend the rest of your life with her and disregard everyone else. 98% of us are pieces of shit.
>>
>>16622317
I find instruments to be boring.
I have some "gifts" already, such as the ability to do very big divisions mentally, with the decimals, up to many digits. I can also memorize lots of digits, objects, or other shit easily in the correct order. For example, it took me 20 minutes to memorize 300 digits of Pi, which I then recited at a family gathering.
>>
>>16622243
Ivane?
>>
>>16622283
meetupdotcom is soooo interesting! :O
thanks!
OP, you should try this out!
>>
>>16622317
Yes really and I'm a Christian and once was diagnosed autistic. Believe me I'm flamebait all over.
>>
>>16622335

I'm pretty sure I have asperger's, so I can kind of relate to you in the aspect of craving friendship. I was the same when I was 20. I'm 24 now and I can tell you when you get here you will be so fucking tired of people's bullshit and not understanding how to deal with them because of autism, you will eventually just accept yourself and be happy in your loneliness. You're awesome OP, most people aren't. Just do you bruh.
>>
>>16622389
But you just gotta learn man. Just gotta learn. It's just a matter of getting yourself out there. And I'm able to vote too. I'm able to communicate well now, because I talked to people at the top and bottom and got and read a lot of advice.
>>
File: 1416136784426.png (11 KB, 467x453) Image search: [Google]
1416136784426.png
11 KB, 467x453
>>16622378
OP here. This he's not OP. It's some normie faggot pretending to be me.
>>
>>16622389
Another thing is that I'm talking to a girl right now and it's coming smoothly also STATISTICS CAN BE BULLSHIT. I know this because I did surveys.
>>
>>16622395
samefag
made a typo; remove the "this" part
>>
>>16622378
He's a dumbass that probably is drunk right now. Pretend he is like a fly in your room. Gotta try not to be confrontation. I'll tell you the skill sets that will help you out: Being straight-forward, Down to Earth, Situationally Aware, Conscious, Honest, Emotionally controlled, and lastly yourself. When leading you have to be like a Football coach. Also I still have some awkwardness in me. Especially right now I feel awkward about this post, but that isn't going to stop me from talking. Really people can't shut your lips. Also Fit may want you to exercise and Fashion may want you to reorganize your attire. In all honesty the high functioning ones are your CIA and FBI agents.
>>
>>16622395

he wasn't pretending to be you. he literally said
"OP, you should try this!"

saying that they looked at meet up dot com, liked it, and also recommend it to you.
>>
>>16622413
Still notice how annoying I am? Lastly FILTER OUT BULLSHIT FROM ASSHOLES. Some dickhead thought I was retarded I would just walk right by him. Another thing all of the greatest guys that made to the top all get called douchebags and assholes and get humilated perhaps a lot worse than you. You're pretty insightful I bet too, use it to your advantage.
>>
>>16622413
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZxGtvpp49M
>>
Don't do dating sites too. SET YOU UP FOR FAILURE FROM THE START. The chances of you getting a good date from those sites are slim and you are bound to more than likely encounter a catfish. You know try to make acquinteances then after that friends and date one of them. Get friendzoned by the chick you want or all of them then try doing it with a lot of others. In the end you get a lot of friends and what you want. You do it in a courteous fashion that is seeking good. Also I'm going to tell you this straight up those douchebags that score 23 girls end up becoming lowlives or learn things the hard way. I'd be proud to be lame.
>>
>>16622434
Exactly
>>
>>16622317
If you are quirky and smart they'll definately be wanting you. Hipsters are all over nerds now. Try to avoid Machiavellian thinking too.
>>
>>16622465
AND YOU'LL GET YOUR ALL AMERICAN CHICK. DON'T WORRY ABOUT THAT EITHER.
>>
>>16622468 Control your hormones too.
Phew that was a long rant. Don't take it personally too.
>>
File: 1442123429140.jpg (70 KB, 400x388) Image search: [Google]
1442123429140.jpg
70 KB, 400x388
OP here. Thanks for all the advice - it's surprisingly good compared to what I tend to get from this board.
>>
>>16622479
Anytime.
>>
>>16622490
>>16622413

How do I become situationally aware by the way? I'm usually clueless. When I was a kid and went to school, I didn't even know what topic was being studied in class. I was completely oblivious to my surroundings, and spent most of my time in my own "mental world".
>>
>>16622529

something that worked for me in a different scenario was putting a reminder on my phone. just set phone to vibrate every half hour, and hwen it does, you feel it, and remember you should be focusing on whats happening. as time goes on you remember even ebfore you get the buzz and it becomes second nature.

just be careful OP, you are in your own world for a reason.

spoiler alert
>mai waifu was legitimately autistic.
>>
>>16622436
>SET YOU UP FOR FAILURE FROM THE START

No. Stop this. Seriously. I've seen so much fucking defeatist attitudes like this. You just say everything is already fucked for me from the start so it's not even worth trying. That's fucking delusional and I see so many people trapped by a sea of insecurities that defeat them before they even try.
>>
>>16622667
He's autistic mate.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.