[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what should I do with my life?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1
I'm almost done with a 2 year energy technology certificate, and honestly, I don't like it. I started out thinking might as well just pick something in this field like a power plant worker, lineman, or welder, and while that'd be great, it's fucking hard and I just want to get a damn career so I can start living. I don't want to be at the bottom of the totem pole my whole life and have to be the best of the best just to get paid more, like a welder. I'm starting to rethink this whole blue collar thing. It sounds rewarding, but it also sounds like I'll be a slave for most of my life before it pays off. I want to enjoy the finer things in life while I'm young.
>>
>>16622135
What exactly would you do to make you so much more money? I like being HVAC, but I don't expect work to be my passion, or give me emotional fulfillment. It's a fucking job, a job that pays decently, let's me work with my hands, and feels good to do some real work in the world instead of typing on a computer all day. It is sometimes cold, and sometimes hot, but I am not a baby who has to have things exactly right all the time or else something is wrong with life.

>finer things in life
Such as? Maybe I'm missing something, but I've never considered 'more' or 'better' to be qualifiers for happiness. I have a nice place to live, a good car, good friends, a decent computer, bills paid, some spending money, some money saved. I don't see how a better car, better computer, better this, more of that, will change anything about my general temperament.

Your head is filled with desires and grandiose ideas of self-importance and demands of the world to suit what you want out of it. You're heading down a path of disillusionment and misery. Just who do you think you are, to get these things you want for nothing? Are you white? It seems to be a common complex in my fellow white men these days.
Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.