[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which one of these would be best? Leaning towards diesel technology
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: major_sheet.png (22 KB, 433x601) Image search: [Google]
major_sheet.png
22 KB, 433x601
Which one of these would be best?

Leaning towards diesel technology or automotive technology. I like fixing things but I'm open to just about anything. I took anatomy & physiology and liked it a lot and got an A.
>>
>Which one of these would be best?
This is the wrong question to ask.

You should be asking:
1. What do I like to do?
2. Will it be a field that I can get a job in?
3. Will it be a valuable skill 10 or 15 years from now?
4. Can I make enough money to maintain my lifestyle?
>>
If you live in the South, Air Conditioning. Shit'll put your grandkids through college.
>>
>>16622051
diesel diesel diesel you stupid sumbitch

you can make $30/hr easy
>>
>>16622051
Air conditioning, diesel or electrical. All are good paying careers.
>>
>>16622051
Where do you live?
>>
>>16622060
>3. Will it be a valuable skill 10 or 15 years from now?
>4. Can I make enough money to maintain my lifestyle?

These are my biggest concerns. I was hoping y'all would be able to help me with that.

>>16622100
Looking into HVAC as well. Seems like it's booming.

>>16622103
Yeah, even more if you work on mining or construction equipment.

>>16622120
Is electrical an option outside of unions?

>>16622133
Kentucky
>>
Oh, didn't notice welding was on the list. There are not enough welders in the states, so that's job security for you.
>>
>>16622163
don't do this OP

welding is going down the shitter

below average growth and relatively few openings
>>
>>16622163
>>16622191
Another problem with welding is they want you to have X amount of years of experience. My husband went to school for welding and couldn't find a job that wanted any less than 5 years experience.
>>
>>16622163
>falling for the welding meme
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.