[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any advice on how I should spend New Years? I'm single,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 1450768849056.gif (2 MB, 245x302) Image search: [Google]
1450768849056.gif
2 MB, 245x302
Any advice on how I should spend New Years? I'm single, and I don't want to go out. I'm getting ready to leave the town I grew up in for work, so I don't really feel like hanging out with old friends. I live with my parents, but they're having neighbors over. I really don't feel like sitting through that. Is there any place I could spend New Years Eve peacefully reflecting? I was thinking about maybe driving to the beach or something, but I don't want to deal with a bunch of drunk strangers hanging out on the shore.
>>
There's a spot I always go to when I need to reflect, its an abondon shack in the mountains, about 30 mins drive away from my home. Go down roads today and get lost. You might find somewhere worth hanging out for the new year. All shops and pubic buildings are gonna be closed, at least that's the case in my town. Just make sure whatever you do you're comfortable. Have you came up with any ideas yourself?
>>
Hey anon

I'd suggest you
-get blanket
-get lamp and flashlight
-get some food
-get some champagne
-get some music

And just drive somewhere quiet. Whatever scenery you think would be nice. Just find a mountain, a desert, a beach, a lake, forest. Anywhere, and set up camp.

Welcome the new years under the stars cozy under your blanket drinking champagne and eating nutella covered fruits or whatever it is you brought.

I'd also bring a musical instrument or a book/textbook/notebook to entertain yourself if you get a bit bored. No technology, except to take pictures.
>>
>>16621996
Aside from the beach, not really. I've considered taking a road trip, but I don't feel like spending the entire night on the interstate. There aren't many mountains around where I live, and there's a lot of private property so I don't want to trespass.

>>16622002
Sounds comfy, but I don't drink. Stargazing is an option, but I don't want to be somewhere where I could be surrounded by drunk strangers.
>>
consider just staying in your room. if you have to, fake that you arent feeling well and just stay in. sneak your food and stuff in there.

you dont sound like a party person, so why party? new years isnt supposed to be a party, its supposed to be a celebration, but on top of that its supposed to be a time to reflect. theres a reason people have new years resolutions.

you are entering a new phase in your life with oyu moving. now would be a great time to reflect on all thats happened.

worse comes to worse, go rent a hotel room. or just sleep on the roof.
>>
>>16622958
Maybe, but I think it's going to rain.

Anyway, you're right I'm not a party person. I've been to NYE parties before and I've hated every single one. But, my parents really want me to go out so I'm pretty stumped. I'm considering driving around a bit to stop at a few places, but then coming home after midnight. I know its pretty common for people to just stay in during NYE (was just talking to someone about this earlier), but they're usually a couple years older and have their own place or they are still in college.
>>
>>16622988

if you can find a place might as well go there, but you are moving so your parents arent going to disown you for staying in.

just explain what i explained. NYE isnt about going out and getting hammered and partying, there are plenty of other nights for that. you'd rather spend the night relaxing on a succsesful year and planning for the next one.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.