[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm 25 years old an I'm almost bald. Now I'm dealing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: iStock_000011594336Small-1.jpg (471 KB, 849x565) Image search: [Google]
iStock_000011594336Small-1.jpg
471 KB, 849x565
I'm 25 years old an I'm almost bald. Now I'm dealing with self esteem problems because I don't like the way I look without hair its like loosing a part of yourself. I'm used to shave my head because that's the only thing that I can do if I don't want to have a horseshoe in my head.
Sometimes I have good days but others I don't like to see myself in the mirror.

I went to the dermatologist and he said to me that I could try finasteride. I read about te side effects of this drug and they are very serious so I don't know what to do. Also I see some of the results taking it and in some cases are awesome.
Also I'm thinking about having a hair transplant but I don't know if that's the best option in my case.

It's really difficult to lose your hair when you are young. I see that people behave you in a different way and also is annoying when you are talking with somebody and they are looking your head.
Also some people add me 5 years to my real age.

So, I'm searching for advice on what to do. Also the experience of anons dealing with hair loss.
>>
look into something called ketoconazole
>>
Don't worry, baby. Just shave your head and be done with it. Women don't care as much as men do about baldness. Really truly if a guy is hot and smart and funny and cool, it won't matter a bit.
>>
>>16621922

If you're almost bald at 25 then I would strongly suggest seeing a hair transplant surgeon. Typically, surgeons do not recommend men in their 20's get a hair transplant, because they can transplant hair into the balding areas restoring the natural look, but as time progresses their hair loss continues so then they have permanent hair in some areas and it just ends up looking weird and requiring further transplantations to correct. But if you're already completely bald, then there is a strong chance you'd be a good candidate, if not now then in a couple years.

I'll tell you right now, there isn't anything besides a hair transplant that will restore your hair. Finasteride and minoxidil are things that are used usually to prevent further hair loss, and maybe encourage a little bit of growth but if you're already very bald, they are useless. Not to mention finasteride can have side effects.

Find a good surgeon to do the hair transplant, I can't emphasize that enough. Look at reviews. If you find a good surgeon it's totally worth it to drop like 10k-20k because hair transplants are permanent. Good luck.

PS: Don't buy that bullshit about shaving your head and owning the look. Almost nobody looks good bald. Do the transplant, it's the only thing available.
>>
>>16621964
It's not bullshit! And I know plenty of men who look great with a shaved head! But I loathe the look of hair transplants and so do most other girls.
>>
>>16621922
I started balding at 22. Started shaving my head, and if you have the skull for it, it looks good.

Stay in shape, and eat well. A decade later I still pass for early to mid-twenties.

Don't worry so much, as you have no control over it.
>>
>>16621953

You don't know women. Sure, maybe to a few women it's fine. But for the most part, women like guys with hair. And if OP's goal is just to have fun and go out to bars to meet women and enjoy life in that sense, it will be harder because in a setting like that, physical characteristics matter a lot.
>>
>>16621971

>The look of hair transplants

What are you on about? If a good surgeon does it, it looks normal.

Also you're not a girl.
>>
>>16621964
Thanks anon, I really appreciate your advice. I see that people start to use finasteride and minoxidil when they are starting to lose hair. When you have a severe hair loss like me they don't do a lot, only I saw a couple of cases that seem a miracle.

I heard a lot of times the thing about shaving my head. I think that is better a shaved head than having a horseshoe pattern but I don't have a head shape and a facial structure to own that look. Some people can really own that look but is not my case.
>>
>>16621992

Hey I feel you. I'm 20 and my hair line is starting to recede already which is such bullshit. Hasn't affected me much in terms of dating or anything but my brother lost most of his hair by the time he was in his late 20's so I'm probably going to do the hair transplant in a decade or so.

Do you have the money for one or what are you thinking?
>>
>>16621973
Shaved head is a nice look and it really looks good in some people but like I said I don't have the head shape to do it. My head is a little pointy and I don't look very good.
I like to do exercise and eat well so something that I can't control is really frustrating for me.
>>16622001
I know that feeling bro, It's something difficult to deal with but try to don't think a lot about it, also people try to not think a lot about the comments of people if the say something.
I have the money for it that's one of the reason for considering it.
>>
>>16622079

Good, well, I hope it works out well for you man. I've seen some amazing hair transplant results. But remember, make sure you extensively research the surgeon. Find someone very reputable.
>>
I believe the whole people looking at at acting differently to you is all in your head. There are good looks you can still pull off while balding. Being self conscious about it isn't going to do anything and is actually very unattractive while balding isn't necessarily unattractive. You need to be able to accept it, because it's not going away.
>>
I'm balding too, and I'm learning to accept it. But I have asshole friends who say shit like 'lol you need some rogaine, damn look at all that missing hair'.

All that confidence i worked so hard to build up and it puts me in a sour mood for days.
>>
File: VinnyD.jpg (241 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
VinnyD.jpg
241 KB, 900x600
Dude, just go bald and embrace it. I'm bald and I don't care at all.
>>
>>16622240
I don't think that is all in my head, when I talk to someone I try to mantain eye contact and some people look at your head and not in the eye.
Also when you are in a pub talking with girls, young people balding are a no no. It's like you have some kind of illness.
When I talk with older people is better but I can see that people tend to treat bald people in a different way.
>>16622255
Confidence works well and it's a must but confidence is not all that matters. I know some guys that shave their hair and act like it doesn't matter. Me like them have to hear a lot of times jokes about our hair and being called bald. Sometimes you laugh about it but other times you get tired.
>>
>>16622303
I care because I don't like the way I look bald. If I can't fix it then I will embrace it because it would be the only thing that I could do.

Also not everyone looks like that when they are bald.
>>
If your hair means that much to you, I would go on Fin, Nizoral, and Rogaine (The Big 3). I would give those a shot for a year and see how they regrow. Once you get some regrowth I would try for a hair transplant. If worst comes to worst the doctor can usually take donor hair from your body/facial hair.

I'm in my very early stages of hair loss and I know how you feel. I have this thick hair that is apart of who I am (and makes me look attractive). I started noticing myself shedding a shit load of hair throughout the day and got on Fin. Been on it for about 2 weeks now and I'm hoping for the best. So far no side effects.

Best of luck anon, we're in this together.
>>
>shave it
>stop comparing yourself to others
>get fit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktGnSBw9688
>>
File: 15.jpg (81 KB, 481x512) Image search: [Google]
15.jpg
81 KB, 481x512
>>16621922
Try ripping your pubes out and gluing them to your head

Either that or get the hat in pic
>>
>>16622541
I don't compare myself to others, I simply don't like the way that I look when my head is shaved, first of all I make it for me because hair was part of my personality, the second reason is to be more attractive, maybe this is important but it's not my priority.
I watch the video and the guy tried to fix their hair in the first place, he seems to have had a few bad hair transplants and when he lost everything he decided to shaved their hair. I would to the same in his case because he lost all his chances to have hair.

Also it seems that if you want to look good when you are shaved you need to be fit, and that's right because bald and skinny is like you have some kind of illnes.

>>16622546
I tried it but skin glue is not good enough to attach my follicles for a long time. Also I tried ass hair but is very curly and it didn't look real.
The hat is a good option but I don't like girafes I'm going to search for a tiger version of it.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.