[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Work on holidays
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 20151230_152235.jpg (954 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
20151230_152235.jpg
954 KB, 2560x1440
New Years Eve is my favorite day of the year! It's the day that i enjoy the most, beautiful fireworks and partying with friends! But today i found out that i have to work from 7 to 12 on the 31'st and from 7-?? On the 1st of January. I can't take the day off since it will probably get me fired because without me being there the other workers can't do their job properly... What should i do how should i cope with this?

By the way, to out it in a better perspective, i work from monday to friday from 7-15 and have the weekends off, but i haven't had a days vacation since summer vacation after i finished college! So it's starting to get pretty tiring to work this much.
>>
Literally call a sick day, you cannot get fired if you're "sick". I did it last year and literally my boss couldn't do anything about it because you're entitled to taking certain amount of sick days ANY day of the year.
>>
>>16621852
Problem is that it's a pretty small city (Around 30.000 people) and there's actually a decent amount of chance that I'd be spotted if i were to go outside. And I'm also in close family with my boss and live at my grandmas place, so there is an even bigger chance thst he might find out that i wasn't sick. But that's a good idea though!
>>
>>16621843
Suck it up, it's one damn holiday. Go out for a few drinks after work if you want to celebrate.
>>
>>16621920
Yeah, but i also worked on all the christmas days, we just never get a day off!
>>
Are you working 7pm to 12am? 5 hours hardly makes a long work day.
>>
>>16621923
Christmas and New Years are on the same day every year, if you want them off you put in for it months ahead of time, use vacation time or whatever.
>>
>>16621843
In situations like that you got to put your dick between your legs and fuck the world by the balls.
>>
>>16622081
I imagine he meant more normal work hours as in 7AM to 12PM.

Either way, yeah, i'd kill for a 5 hour work day, I'm working 9 hours tomorrow on NYE...
>>
>>16622170
I'll be working around 12 hours tomorrow, but then I'll have Friday-Monday off.
>>
>>16622193
Sounds like an okay trade off to me.

My company happens to have its busiest week of the year this week. So, everyone is expected to work - we have Friday off though, and the CEO gave us an extra 2 vacation days because of how busy this/last week gets.

Tomorrow though, since I am one of the developers, I am technically supposed to continue monitoring the website and 'be available' after I get home, until like 3 AM lol.

Obviously fuck that though. Gonna PARTY XP lol... I'll keep my shit signed in just in case...
>>
>>16622218
I own my own business so I set my hours, but I still have a ton of shit to take care of before I can have time off.
>>
>>16622238
Word, dog!
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.