[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I be worried if when I send my girlfriend a text message
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: bus.jpg (120 KB, 736x518) Image search: [Google]
bus.jpg
120 KB, 736x518
Should I be worried if when I send my girlfriend a text message she doesn't reply for awhile but still gets on facebook? For example, I texted her goodnight last night and she's been on facebook for hours this morning without responding. I always text her back whenever she does, because I want to talk with her. But when she doesn't reply to me but gets on Facebook, I feel like she doesn't want to talk.
>>
Your first relationship and you are in high school, right?
>>
>>16621907
No its not. And I'm in college. What does that mean?
>>
>>16621959
You just sound extra clingy, that's what.
>>
>>16621974
So I should not feel this way? What do I do to not feel it?
>>
>>16621832

Does "goodnight" even warrant a response? I mean, really. It's not like you asked her something important and she ignored you. That essentially closed the convo.

Let it be man, you two can't be in CONSTANT contact.
>>
>>16621832
I do the same with my boyfriend but it doesn't mean anything bad. I just need more space than he does.
I actually talked about this with my bf the other day because he's also more needy than I am and I will sometimes not respond to txts for more than 12hrs. He just asked me to send him some short txt so he doesn't think anything is going wrong.

Ask her to send you some emoji or a short txt saying hi, or something. This will ensure that you know everything is ok and that she's still thinking of you while giving her space if she doesn't want to respond to your txts for awhile.

I'm giving you this advice assuming that she's not mad at you for something.
>>
>>16621999
12 hours? I tell her if you dont reply without 2 hours, I'm assuming you're sucking dick.
>>
>>16621982
Ignore this fag op. I used to feel this way until I did exactly what your girlfriend did. I had to different women say things along the lines of "why does it take you hours to reply or sometimes not all all only for me to see you on Facebook, snapchat... Blah blah blah apps I know you use your phone with?"

One chick dumped me over it, the other profusely cried to me about it. Ever since then I've had your thought process, if bitches be tripping over shit like this then why are they doing it?

Honestly I think it's intentional a majority of the time. I hope that it isn't bitches are just stupid and forgetful and forget to respond but that's what I've been told before. Which to me is contradictive with previous experiences of women tripping on me for doing the exact thing.
>>
>>16621832
I've limited texting my boyfriend to only moderately important things that can be said without calling and the occasional "What are you up to?" if we haven't spoken for several hours.

Sometimes people need to relax from socializing. No one is immune to a person's need for that, even SO's.
>>
>>16622014
Yeah dude, it has to be intentional. She sees the message, ignores it, and goes and shares some shit on facebook. Obviously I'm not important enough for her to want to reply at that moment. I only don't reply quickly to someone who I don't care to talk to. If you want to talk to someone, you'll always make room for them.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.