[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm depressed guy with problems. I got drunk as fuck at
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: zapka2.jpg (7 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
zapka2.jpg
7 KB, 225x225
I'm depressed guy with problems.
I got drunk as fuck at last party and ended up puking all over the floor. I'm so ashamed about it, that lsat few days i spend in bed.
Now i'm thinking about quitting drinking for good, but i know that this will slowly exclude me from many social activities and probablly i will lost rest of my remaining friends.
Should i quit drinking or maybe i should try not to drink too much, so i can keep being social?
New Year's eve is going to be a huge challenge for me and i need to make decision, but i really have no idea what to do?
Did i mention that i have already ruined huge part of my social life.
>>
>>16621761
learn drinkin cuck
hang out with limited cash
stop when you feel you gettin out of it
>>
I battled that same thing for nearly 10 years. Started drinking on and off at 20 years old until 30. I stopped here and there for a year or two.

Anyhow, I always thought I could control it. Yet something negative seemed to happen every single time. Finally I made a total idiot out of myself at a family function one easter and gave in. I'm simply not wired right to enjoy alcohol responsibly so I don't drink anymore. Ever. I avoid situations I might feel triggered to drink also. Problem solved.

If every time you drink something 'bad' happens (socially, legally, whatever) just admit to yourself you can't control it and stop. Never went to AA but there's that too. Friends have told me it works.
>>
>>16621761

Why not just quit altogether? I've found that drinking doesn't even increase confidence with me (I'm a naturally confident guy) in fact it made me feel more dumb. I would sit there and usually NOT talk after I had been drinking for awhile because in my head I felt like whatever I and to say sounded stupid. The only positive I can really think of is that it relieved stress by 'numbing' my problems that would only resurface once I was sober again.

I only drank for about 6 months and even then it was only due to peer pressure. I just don't know why the Western world is so obsessed with getting drunk. I never enjoyed it. The next day you feel terrible (as evidenced by your post) and during the night you're just a fool who's good for a cheap laugh amongst people watching you.

Is that the life you want to live, anon?
>>
say you have a runny tummy so you can't drink.

or eat an egg before you drink. heard it keeps you from puking. but dunno.
or just eat more and drink less.
>>
I know this feel anon. I drink 10 beers a day and sometimes a bottle of wine and two more on top of that. I'm 23. I make an ass out of myself regularly, and I lost my gf over it. I was hanging out with her and her pink haired feminist friend. When the pink haired girl pointed out my drinking I raged and told her to get the fuck out. She refused so I smashed a table and chair. She called the police and reported me for domestic violence even though I never laid a finger on them and had no intention of doing so. I was arrested and forced to wear an alcohol monitoring bracelet for 1 month and I was forced to pay 140 dollars every two weeks to the government. As soon as the thing came off I started drinking like mad again. I drink from the moment I wake up till I go to sleep. What do I do?
>>
>>16621800
I would suggest you to stop drinking and find new friends. But it;s gonna be hard, perhaps you won't even be able to make it, but i think that you should atleast try.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.