[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Man I'm sad. I'm a girl but I still expect myself to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (475 KB, 600x881) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
475 KB, 600x881
Man I'm sad. I'm a girl but I still expect myself to uphold a job as well to support my little family (me and my boyfriend). But I'm so weak. My body is just destroyed at the end of the day (I work as a cashier at Walmart for now). I never wanted to be the type of girl to be a stay-at-home wife, making my man do all the work. I dont want that. I want to be working right alongside him.

But I'm just so fucking weak. Can't seem to hold a job without my body getting utterly destroyed. And where I live pretty much the only open market is retail.

/adv/ needed: How can I find a job that's easier on my body? What are some "girl" jobs? And how do I increase the chances of people giving me a chance when they don't even know me?
>>
Or maybe advice so I don't demolish my body after the 9 hour shifts? I just always try my best to help the customers as fast and efficiently as possible. Unfortunately that fucks me over because I don't have a lot of energy or strength compared to a man. So should I just try to go slower or pace myself?
>>
Are you serious m8?

You're a fucking cashier at Walmart, it's far from a physical demanding job

Stop moaning and go to the gym or whatever if it's really that bad
>>
>>16621798
standing for 9 hours sounds really fucking exhausting to me.

op try a secretary position somewhere or just go working part time.
>>
OP this is nothing to do with you being a girl. I know tons of female nurses who do 12 hour shifts lifting, cleaning and sometimes even wrestling with difficult patients, usually with less than 15 minute break for the entire day, then go home and look after their kids.

You just need to eat better, exercise more and get a bit of backbone
>>
>>16621827
>>16621798

I don't just stand. I twist, turn, push, pull, lift heavy shit, bend over, talk to the customers a lot. There is no sort of rest inbetween customers. I do not get to eat much. I am on my feet virtually all day. No time or leftover money to visit a gym.

Spotted the guy who's never worked retail or food service.

All I want is a normal 9 to 5 full time office job. I know lots of people hate their office jobs but I really want one. Thing is where I live there isn't any offices. Need to travel decently far to find the kind of job I want.

What do you guys think of posting resumes on Craigslist, or otherwise using it to find employment?
>>
>>16621839

I really try to eat better. This isn't something you can truly advise me on because I've always had difficulty with food. It's boring to me. Feels like I have to force myself to eat. Very picky eater. Not many foods appeal to me. Nevertheless I will say I don't have soda in my diet. No alcohol either.

How can I exercise more? Maybe I can do it at work?

Not sure about the last one. Life isn't fair. There are weak people and there are strong people. I'm just weak. How do you suggest I acquire a backbone? Do you mean just sucking it up and dealing with it?
>>
>>16621839
You did give me some sort of hope with the first paragraph.
>>
>>16621853
Water, small food portions, and lots of cardio/walking around.
>>
>>16621859
Thank you. I'll try my best today. Will post if the thread is still alive. Going to work now
>>
>>16621847
Craigslist is shit. Go to monster or snagajob or something.
>>
>>16621676
I've worked at Walmart and that is not a physically demanding job, heck I was 8 months pregnant when I quit.

Sounds like you need a better diet and maybe hit the gym and workout.
>>
>>16621853

Do you smoke marijuana? Because you should. Safely.
>>
I wouldn't call retail easy but physically demanding, not really. Maybe op has some kind of illness because this doesn't sound normal. I'm curious about her age and weight.
>>
Honestly tho you get used to it.

Just try eating better and maybe doing some light workout when you're at home, ideally at first on your days off or before you go to work (when I first started I could not do it after work cause my feet hurt so damn bad)

I'm a waitress at a diner and we basically do a lot of shit. Do dishes, change the coke things, I'm one of the people they ask to change the heavy ass milk in the shake area too cause I can do it by myself, but I'm a chick too. When I started working it again my body felt unusually fucked up, but I knew it was because I had let my ass fucking go.

I'm down about 35 pounds now and I sell hurt at work but not as bad.

Also Epsom salt baths man. I used these on myself when I was an EMT too, and also when my muscles are just sore from working out.
>>
>>16621869
And you can totally count the walking and shit you do at work.

I know I do, usually an average day I get like 12000 steps at work.

>that time I worked 12 hours on Thanksgiving and had 20000 steps

Fuck
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.