[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: Aaa.jpg (47 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Aaa.jpg
47 KB, 800x600
So what happened is my laptop completely died. As in the screen was already broken so i was using a monitor but that didnt last long b4 it completely cut out.

The problem is im broke. Im already -£450 on my credit card. Im renting a place thats ~1600 between 3 people. I dont have a lot to spare.

I need ideas /adv/ on what could i do. I mostly need one to run WoW smoothly. Maybe something slightly newer AAA but i could live without it.
>>
>>16621355
Bump
>>
>>16621355
Does it power and stay on?

If you turn it on and it trys to power but it beeps a couple time and turns off then your SOL. Any piece of hardware can possibly not be working. Most likely the motherboard.
>>
>>16621355
Well seeing as you already have a monitor, a desktop PC isn't a bad idea. An expensive, but convenient idea is a Gigabyte Brix - or some similar gaming NUC.
What other capabilities than WoW do you need- or are you saying you'd be fine with just a 32GB hdd size?
>>
>>16621355
So I assume you'reour looking for advice on how to save for a new laptop with you current situation and suggestions on laptops?

Well for starters what's your income and your expenses? And then you can see how much you have to play around with and start actually hacking away at your debt and then start saving to then eventually be able to pay for whatever price range of the laptop you're looking for.
>>
>>16621441
My income is roughly £1250/4 weeks. Expenses, well as i said. We're renting a place for around 1600 a.month of which around 1000/1100 is covered by the other two people. Then ofc the travel to and from worm, phone, food etc is another ~£250-300
>>
>>16621434
Well just the windows would take up most of that space. If considering a desktop, and taking into account that i use pcs mostly for gaming, running something like skyrim/borderlands/dishonored on high/ultra would be nice. HDDs is not a problem as i already got 2x 500gb from earlier systems and all i would need is a ssd for OS
>>
>>16621465
And as i said in the first post ive still got to pay 450 on the credit card
>>
>>16621465
So after you pay off rent and phone food gas you have at least 400 left over 300 if you're treating yourself like maybe buying a game, going on a date, or to the movies. So every week put away 75 and you'll have 600 or 800 if you bump it up to 100 a week after 4 weeks because that's how you put your pay period. Every 4 weeks. Simply pay off debt after one month. And save for the next 2-3 months and you can build a decent powerful desktop.
>>
>>16621607
Any suggestions what to go for? I had a dream once to build a high end sli one but that turns out at least 1300. Im not sure its worth spending that much.
>>
If you want to compare exact performance, between different gfx cards, you should look up their Texture Fill Rates primarily.
>nvidia desktop cards
http://archive.techarp.com/article/Desktop_GPU_Comparison/nvidia_903qejlfskldf87hiowf34ehklsfe_3.png
>nvidia laptop cards
http://archive.techarp.com/article/Mobile_GPU_Comparison/nvidia_5df2f5h5ohd0kgld454se_3.png
>ati/amd desktop cards
http://archive.techarp.com/article/Desktop_GPU_Comparison/amd_rO7yslin437l32nqds0924sdwu372hx_3.png
>amd laptop cards
http://archive.techarp.com/article/Mobile_GPU_Comparison/amd_flosng943lncfwhfghlafow93_3.png
>>
>>16621662
I already did some checking into gtx 970 and it seems pretty solid and good value. Found a pre-built system for ~850. I know its better to build it myself, but as a guide mark, what do you think?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.