[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have an awful competitive nature. I get super fucking upset
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 1443285614803.png (135 KB, 448x332) Image search: [Google]
1443285614803.png
135 KB, 448x332
I have an awful competitive nature. I get super fucking upset at the stupidest of things, be it the outcome of something or me not being happy with my preformance and I just turn into this big angry asshole. It's really holding me back and it's just exhausting afterwards.

How do I deal with my anger? Is there a way for me to work with it in a positive manner or just learn to cool it easily? I've dealt with this shitty temper ever since I was younger and it's always been the bane of me.
>>
Bump because I have a similar problem
>>
>>16620397
I'm better at making posts than you are. I win.
>>
Use that anger and turn it into motivation, dont try to become better than everyone else try to become better than you were before
>>
>>16620444
Posts on an anonymous board isn't really competition.

Really, I only get mad at things I consider competitive in nature, I suppose.
>>
Sounds like insecurity, you're desperately trying to convince yourself that you're just as good or better than everyone else. I'm the same way. Don't feel bad, we all have insecurities, they just manifest in different ways.

My advice would be similar to this>>16620446

Do not compare yourself to others, it's a very dangerous trap. Only compare yourself to former versions of yourself.
>>
>>16620470
I never really thought of it that way, but you're absolutely right. I just kind of feel like because I want to be better, I have to compare myself to those around me.
>>
>>16620397
Work in a kitchen. You can use your anger, like I do.
>>
>>16620397
>I have an awful competitive nature.
You can't put it in your mind that it's bad to want to win, or succeed; that just goes against human nature.

What I like to do once I've reached the tipping point is, immediately stop. Then talk about, or write about, the difficulty. See if you can pin the problem down enough so you know exactly what's missing. (Sometimes in this process of rationalizing, the situation becomes humorous and you learn to not take it too seriously.)

Another piece of advice. When you fail, you can approach it from two ways: accuracy, or precision. In "accuracy", you would think over the situation and see if you have words to identify all of the difficulties. In "precision", try to see if the difficulty was failure to measure, or failure of timing.

tl;dr, competitive nature is not awful. Also, this: >>16620513
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.